Some good clean fun?!

Morning, all!

Beth, I'm sorry that you are feeling :grumpy. We miss you! Maybe coming around to check in on your besties will help you feel better. :devil:hug Life on wheels is fabulous! :manyheart I had a good :heehee at Blinkers- I think that will be the car's new name! :wink

Leanne, I don't make my own meatballs- I've found vegetarian ones at Trader Joe's that dh absolutely loves. Except that he doesn't know they're veggie. :devil Mia likes them, too, but the other two girls won't touch "beef" of any kind. Isabella would probably eat them if she knew, but then dh would find out. It's not worth the risk. :rofl Dh's aunt makes a killer sauce, which she learned from her Italian MIL, and she said she would teach me one day. I should call her. :devil

Vicki, I'm sorry you didn't sleep well. Good luck at the doctor today! Sorry that Pam was insensitive yesterday. I agree that she was probably just excited. But I think she could have used a bit more, um...sensitivity (there's another word I want but can't think of it.) :hugto you.

Shannon-ness! It's so good to hear from you! Thanks for checkin' in. How is little miss Janna-ness? :hug

Joanne, sounds like you have a nice, relaxing day planned. :manyheart What is on the baking menu? Oh, also, what pattern are you using for the fingerless mitts? I want to make some but haven't really found a pattern I like yet.

Colleen, have fun grocery shopping! I love to go. It's the list-making and putting-away that I hate. :lol Do you have any yummy baking on the agenda for this week?

Scooby, I hope everything is well in your neck of the woods! :hug

Mary, how is life up in God's country? :hug I hope things are settling down for you.

Sarah, C4J, Tena...:hug to you! Hope your days are off to a good start.

It is raining!! I am :c9. Today I need to call the insurance company, make an appt. for dh with his dr., and pay a few bills. Oh, I also need to get the phone situation straightened out- I misplaced my phone when we were in Long Beach the other day. I know that I put it in my purse, but I'm thinking it fell out while driving or something. :think Dh left his for me today. I have insurance so it shouldn't be a problem replacing it. My :crocheting goal for the day is 3 hats, since we're not going anywhere. We'll see. :lol Isabella has been bugging me about a craft, and I have a great one for MLK day, but I will have Roomie's kids for a couple hours today. I'd just rather do it with only mine. :blush

Have a great one, ladies! :hug

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

We made homemade bisquits and just finished 2 with strawberry jam. Yummy! I finished the fingerless mitts and DD loves them!

WE are watching a movie now and after tht we are making Peanut Blossom cookies (with hershey kisses) and Toll House Choc Chip- another relaxing day- I could get used to this! LOL

Beth glad you posted, and hope today is less grumpy for you. Hugs to you!

Colleen- I like the idea of the cash budget for groceries. Let us know how the experiment works out- and yes, you can always bake!!! LOL

LeaAnne- I am reading Handle with Care by Jodi Piccoult- I love all her books!

Well, the movie is about to start. Cya later

Hi there! Things at the doctor went well. He gave me another blood test to have done when I go get the next round of blood tests done for the endocrinologist in February. He also gave me some more meds for my stomach so I don't have to spend the money to fill another prescription. I love this doctor. He is the best! He said right now to just keep doing what we are doing an see how the blood work comes back in Feb. After that we will see if I have to go to a gastric doctor and be scoped to check for ulcers.

I have hubby's JETS jersey washed and drying as we speak! He should be all ready to wear it to the bowling alley tomorrow night! The towels are in the dryer and the laundry elf needs to come and fold laundry for me. I hate that job! I can leave it for the elf to do tomorrow when I go back to work! That sounds like a plan!

Yes, my sister can be insensitive. She always could be. I have to admit that. There have been lots of times in the past few years that I actually liked not having to deal with her because then I didn't have to deal with the insensitivity that came with her. But now she is back and I guess I have to get used to her and that side of her again. It just bugs me. I know it shouldn't, but it does. Thanks for listening. You all are the best. I don't know how I would be getting through all this without you!

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know what the doctor said. Glad to hear that everyone is having a great day! The snacks sound yummy! Can't wait for all the baked goods up at Joanne's place! What time should we be there? I'll bring some ice cream for the Toll House cookies!

TTFN!

Vicki

Hey all!

Vicki, I'm glad you had a good appt. How nice of him to give you more meds so you don't have to fill another prescription. I'm sorry about your sister. Some people just don't have much empathy, or maybe don't know how to respond to bad times/situations. Sounds like you are ready to take the bad with the good, though. :wink:hug

I had a good :heehee at your laundry elf. I need one of those! Fold and putting away are the worst parts. :yes Sometimes I'm mean and make my small inventions help. :devil

Joanne, the homemade biscuits sound :drool!!! Sounds like everyone is having a dreary day, so I will bring the hot cocoa. If I leave now, I'll be there in, oh...4 days? Think it will still be raining/snowing by then? :rofl

Well, I accomplished everything on my list, except for the hats, which I really don't feel like making. :eek I got the insurance switched around, made a dr. appt. for dh, paid bills :yuck, and found my phone! :clap It was in the backpack I took with us, for the girls. :whew Also cleaned up my room, the bathroom, and the girls room. Mia and the Terror had pulled down half the hanging clothes, to play dress-up. :angry Had to sort them to figure out what was clean and what was dirty. One load of laundry in the washer with one waiting to go in. I feel very accomplished! :rofl

Good afternoon all,

Kids are off school today for MLK Day. Linus is finally starting to slow down to less then 20 hours a day.

It has warmed up to above freezing for a few days, but more snow coming this weekend.

:hito and :hug everyone, I’m having to much trouble reading today to read back to far.

I have managed to get the bunny’s cage cleaned, some dishes and laundry done today. My little man helped do the bathroom floor by dumping cups of water on it for me to clean up. I guess I shouldn’t complain at least the floor is clean.

Have a good evening all,

tena

WTG Stacy on getting so much done today!

Vicki - Sounds like you had a good Dr.'s appt.

I got the groceries done, kitchen sink cleaned, bathroom cleaned, one basket of laundry put away, one load of laundry done, dishwasher unloaded, and I am almost done the 2nd strip of my flannel-change-pad :hook I've got to get the chicken on and the potatoes peeled for supper and then I can :crocheting:crocheting:crocheting again. Since you asked, I don't think I'll bake much this week (although Joanne got me thinking....homemade biscuits are one of DD's favourites and it's been a while). We had so much birthday cake in the past couple weeks I'm caked out. It might be a good rice krispies squares week too.

Tena, you had me :rofl about your little man helping you mop. That's so funny! I'm glad Linus is slowing down for you. I was tired just hearing how much work you were doing!

Colleen, What are you going to do with all the :crocheting time you're earning today? We did a version of rice krispy treats yesterday. We used Cocoa pebbles instead of rice krispies (Pebbles are gluten free, krispies aren't.) I added coconut, walnuts, and reese's pieces. They are YUMMY!!!

Stacy, congrats on finding your phone! What a huge relief! Less work for you later. I highly recommend getting your inventions to help with the laundry. Mine still don't fold it, but they can wash it!!!

Vicki, here's an extra :hug for dealing with your sister. You can vent to us any time you need to. I'm glad to hear that your doc visit went well. now I need inspired to call mine and make my annual exam appointment before it becomes a biannual exam...:devil

Joanne, after you've worked so many days in a row, it's heartwarming to hear about your wonderful visit with your dd. You make me smile, with the fresh baked biscuits, strawberry jam, and a good movie with your dd.

I need to run to the grocery store and pick up the things I didn't get on Sunday. I hope you all have an awesome afternoon!!!:hug:hug:hug

Colleen ~ what colors are you using for the changing pad? Are you liking how it is coming out with the cotton? Is our brainstorm a success?:devil I can't wait to see what you have come up with!

Beth ~ I use pebbles sometimes for krispy treats, too! I hadn't thought of the gluten, we do it just to change things up! I like your idea of adding the Reese pieces, too! Yummy!:P

Stacy ~ :nworthy... you ARE very accomplished today! :heehee WTG on getting so much done, and :whew about finding your phone!

Tena ~ so glad you could stop by! :hug I am happy that Linus is slowing down for you, and that you had "help" getting your bathroom floor washed:lol

Joanne ~ Biscuits and jam:P... what a nice comfort food on a wintry day in Beantown! What movie did you watch? Did you get your car cleaned off yet? Everything is supposed to freeze up a little tonight, so please be careful!

Vicki ~ I am glad the doctor visit went well:hug ... and like Beth said, we are here for you, when you need us! That's what sisters are for:wink

speaking of sisters... :hi, Mary! I miss you! Are you doing ok?

C4J ~ did you get Cara finished on your day off? Here's a :hug, in case you need one today!

...everyone else: :hi and hugs... I hope today is going great!:)

My car is all cleaned off- I went outside around 2- and it was the heavy wet snow- but it is done! I figured it would get cold tonight and then it would be a bear to clean off in the AM.

We watched The Miracle (about the US hockey team) The biscuits were yummy. We are ordering Chinese food for dinner and are in the middle of making the peanut blossom cookies -I just stopped by to say hi while this batch is in the oven.

well, timer went off. be back later....

Joanne ~ Chinese sounds yummy! How were the cookies?

I love the movie "The Miracle"! It ranks right up there with "The Natural" in my fave sports movies:)

I hope you have a safe drive home tomorrow... maybe we'll get to hook up this spring:hug

C4J ~ sorry you didn't get to finish Cara. It's cool that you already have her named this time. Why did you choose this name?

LeaAnne - I have one block left on the change pad. I'm not completely sure how I like it yet. I'll wait until it's done to decide. I'm using sunny yellow and white (that's all I have besides beige and variegated) and a 6.5 mm hook. Any luck with your investigation into your mom-to-be's colour choices? Were all your chickens at home today? Is tomorrow the big election/bake sale. I still think that is one of the most briliant fundraising ideas I've ever heard of.

Joanne - Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day.

Beth - You sound less :grumpy I hope you are feeling more yourself. :hug

Stacy - I can just picture your mind thinking about getting into Blinkers/Blinky whatever you've named your new car, and driving all the way to Boston for Joanne's baking :lol It's like you feel a new sense of freedom, isn't it?

C4J - I hope you had a good day of working on Cara

Have a great night friends.

awww... geez, I was typing while you were posting, Colleen!

I love the colors of your changing pad. It sounds so cheery, and will be perfect for the summer days when it will get the most use!:wink

No luck yet on the colors for the mom-to-be. Hopefully, I will know by Wednesday!

...yep! all of my chickens were home today! Krissy had fun helping me bake:tup Other than that, they all had just what they needed... a nice relaxing day!

:yesTomorrow, I will be hanging out at the election bake sale:applause. There will be two of us per shift, starting at 8. DH will be dropping me off at about 6:45am (polls open at 7). I baked banana bread, apple bread and pumpkin bread, all from scratch(aren't you proud of me?:devil), and cut it up to sell by the slice to those who are voting on their way to work... I also did 1 box of brownie mix. All of the other goodies will arrive with the students at 8:15. I really enjoy these bake sales, it gives me a chance to see people from the area who I never get to see:U ...it's like a day out for me!

I have everything packed up: my goodies, cream and milk for coffee, ice ready to go in my little cooler, my lunch, my radio and my :yarn&:hook. I am just bringing some cotton to do dishcloths or potholders(those I need!), just in case I get down time and want to keep busy. I also packed things for the kids to do after school, as we will wait for DH to come and pick them up later in the afternoon. tomorrow night's supper is all made, and they can just heat it up... :thinkdid I forget anything?:loco Oh, yeah... I will come home shortly after 8 tomorrow night (unless we run out of goodies, and close up shop early:wink)

I wish you were here, Colleen... you would have so much fun at the bake sale (it's right up your alley!:rofl). Most of the moms bake something and send it to school. A lot of quick breads, brownies and cookies, with a few cakes and pies thrown in... So Yummy!!!! The voters come and buy a goody and coffee on their way out... we make a few hundred dollars for the day... Not Bad! ..and if you were here, I would have somebody to :crochet with :blush

...sorry for rambling. I guess I am ready for bed!

:hug:manyheart:hug to you all, and I'll try to stop by tomorrow night!

C4J ~ sorry you didn't get to finish Cara. It's cool that you already have her named this time. Why did you choose this name?

I named her that because it also means "friend" :) And I like the name Cara...:yes

It's fun making dolls, you can name them all your Fav. names! :P

BTW, have a great time tomorrow at your bake sale! :yes:D

Good :night! :sleep Tight! :D

The chinese food and the cookies were yummy- i am bringing some of the peanut blossoms home with me to bring to work on Wednesday.

Have fun tomorrow LeaAnne- DD is stressing about voting- she has to be at work by 7:15 tomorrow- she usually doesn't start till 9:30- but there is a special conference tomorrow that she has to help set up for. She had planned to vote on the way TO work, not on the way From work! I'll hang here until about 8:30 or so and then head out. No use driving in rush hour traffic if I don't need to!

Our PTA always did bake sales on election days- I always thought it was a universal PTA/PTO kind of thing- they always did well- I guess maybe Colleen can take this idea to her DD's school! Lots of success with it tomorrow- and I think you are all ready- you seem to be very organized!!! Yes, and hopefully the spring I'll be making another trek up to Bah-ston!

Colleen- WTG on almost finishing the changing mat- and Yellow-white sounds perfect. Based on all your other crochet work, i'm sure this one is perfect-ness!

Stacy- Love the name Blinkers (or Blinky like Colleen said :-) ). I'm sure you are on cloud 9 having wheels again. Did you get to do a craft today with Isabella?

Vicki, Beth, Sarah, Mary, Shannon, Scooby, Tena, and everyone else- Good night- sweet dreams!

:hug Joanne... safe travels:hug

Hey, tell DD that it is less crowded after work at the polls. Just don't go at 7... we always have a long line early in the morning, then it's just steady the rest of the day:yes

Hello. Been a busy weekend here... I'm not just a SAHM... for fiance's family I'm: interior decorator/designer, computer tech support/repair, cable/tv/dvd tech support, videographer, photographer, babysitter (not often thankfully) and seamstress

Vicki - glad you had a good doctors appoinment.

LeaAnne - sounds like you're all ready for the bake sale (:think I'd better start learning to bake better before Keith gets into school...)

Tena - glad things are starting to slow down w/ Linus for you and you're able to get some housework done.

Colleen - :yay for getting so much done or your baby changing pad

Stacy - blinkers is a perfect name for a vehicle (hmm I've never named any of my vehicles...)

C4J - glad you're having fun doing the dolls, love the names you've chosen

Beth - sorry you're feeling :grumpy:hug

Joanne - glad you're enjoying your book =0)

Shannon - sorry you can't be on much, know we all miss you when you're not here :hug

:hug to everyone and hope you all had a great weekend. was a 3 day weekend for fiance (one of the benefits of working for the county, 14 paid holidays a year for him)

oh and we found the christmas presents we misplaced LOL... who would've thought to look in plain sight on the shelf in the closet of our bedroom in the wal-mart bags (we got them at WM)... lol so I've got 4 more frames to print pictures for... 2 8x10 and 2 that take multiple pictures.. and the picture w/ frame we got for fiance's brother...

Sarah- Seems like fiance's family keeps you very busy-:lol..

Beth's van is Quick Silver and the one that just got put to rust in peace was called Old Red. I kind of like the idea of naming a car. But I haven't named mine:lol- I always just call it "my car".:lol

Have a good night- hope Keith is wearing you out too much!

Sarah- Seems like fiance's family keeps you very busy-:lol..

Beth's van is Quick Silver and the one that just got put to rust in peace was called Old Red. I kind of like the idea of naming a car. But I haven't named mine:lol- I always just call it "my car".:lol

Have a good night- hope Keith is wearing you out too much!

yeah... now if I could just get paid for all the things I do I'd be RICH :D

goodnight Joanne. lol weekends he doesn't cause daddy's home and he's daddy's boy so daddy has a shadow and mommy gets to relax =0)

Morning all! It is warming up down here! We should b ein the 70s for the rest of the week!

I finally finished the baby sweater! I only need to do the draw string for the hood and buy the buttons and it is done! Now I need to do the blanket, but I started that last night. I think I will do a big granny square. I will do white and add the colors I used for the baby sweater to tie it all in. That will be pretty. YAY for me! I finally picked up my hook again!

Joanne - Be careful coming home! Safe journey!

LeaAnne - Have fun at the bake sale today! Let us know how it goes!

Sarah - Texas doesn't do bake sales. At least not around where I am. We can't even bring home made things in for birthday parties.

Tena - Glad to hear that things are slowing down a little by you.

Colleen - Yay for getting all the stuff done.

Stacy - I think you can make the trip in less time. Pick me up on the way and we can take turns driving!

Beth, Shannon, Scooby, Frogger, C4J, and Mary, have a great day!

I got the towels done but not folded yesterday. The floors had to be vacuumed again since the dogs are just dragging all the dead grass in constantly. I vacuum and it seems like I don't do it! I did get the dusting done and hubby is all set to wear his JETS gear to the bowling alley tonight. He is so pumped for the JETS game on Sunday. It should be a good one!

I will check back in later. Have a good one all and talk to you later!

Vicki

Archived