Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey girls!

I had a whole long post typed out, and the weather knocked out my connection! :angry:thair

Sarah, none of us are really SAHM's! :rofl

Vicki, WTG on getting the sweater finished! :h5 Can't wait to see the matching blanket.

Leanne, I hope your bake sale is successful! :yay

Sorry I can't talk to every individually- Mia wants me to color with her, then it's time to take her to school. Have a fabulous Tuesday! :hug

I'm home!!!

I left Boston this AM around 7:30 - it was 30 degrees and snowing! Dropped DD off at the "T" and then since it had started with the white stuff, decided to hit the road. I had no traffic and it was a smooth ride home!! It is partly cloudy and almost 50 degrees here!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day- I 'm off to do laundry.....back to reality..... LOL

Hi Stacy- you posted at the same time as me- I take it you are still having your favorite weather- rain!

Vicki- WTG on finishing the sweater and starting the blankie- Have fun bowling tonight! DH will be so proud I'm sure in his JETS jersey!!!

Ok, really, I have to do laundry....LOL

Hey girls!

I had a whole long post typed out, and the weather knocked out my connection! :angry:thair

Sarah, none of us are really SAHM's! :rofl

Vicki, WTG on getting the sweater finished! :h5 Can't wait to see the matching blanket.

Leanne, I hope your bake sale is successful! :yay

Sorry I can't talk to every individually- Mia wants me to color with her, then it's time to take her to school. Have a fabulous Tuesday! :hug

it's just frustrating that we spend more time doing things for fiance's family then we get to spend getting things straight here...

Joanne, so gla dyou made it home safely! Yes, we are still having my favorite weather. :cheer It stopped yesterday around 4, and didn't pick up again until right before I posted this morning. It was disappointing, since the weather people made it sound constant for the whole week. Oh, well- at least it's back! :lol

Sarah, that's too bad. Are they elderly, or do they just really, really like your opinions? :D

After I dropped off Mia, we ran to the grocery store for a few things I forgot last weekend. Then came home and had lunch, emptied and reloaded the dishwasher, put a load of towels in the washer, and straightened up a bit. I thought about vacuuming the rugs but figured they'd just get dirty from the mud/rain again anyway. Now it is time to pick her up. LoL How time flies. :wink

:hi

Lazy day here. We went ice skating with my mom this morning, came home for hot chocolate and mom's chocolate chip cookies, and since then I've pretty much read. :c9 DD has been happily playing. I needed a day like that. Time to make dinner. Spaghetti and meat sauce here tonight.

Stacy - It sounds like you got lots done today! How is your flannelghan coming along?

Joanne - I'm so glad you got home safely. It sounds like you had a very relaxing, quality time weekend with your DD. I bet DH is happy to have you home.

Sarah - Ya, no one tells you before you get married/engaged you marry the entire family :lol

Vicki - I hope the laundry elf was helpful today. Have fun at bowling!

LeaAnne - I hope the bake sale was a success. I would have really enjoyed a day selling the baking and crocheting :c9

I'm afraid bake sales in schools are getting rare here. Most of our schools strive to be peanut/nut free or at least "nut aware". An open invitation for families to bring homemade things to school just isn't realistic given the unknown ingredients. As a parent of a peanut-allergic child I am an unlikely candidate to suggest a bakesale at our school. I don't even allow DD to eat anything baked at someone else's house as I cannot guarantee it to be safe. I do work at elections though and given how many hundreds of people come in to vote I can just imagine how successful you would be! Which reminds me I'll have to turn on the news to see how the MA election turned out. This one has been well-covered (even here!).

C4J - Cara and Amity are so cute! You did a wonderful job on them!

:hi to everyone else!

Joanne, so gla dyou made it home safely! Yes, we are still having my favorite weather. :cheer It stopped yesterday around 4, and didn't pick up again until right before I posted this morning. It was disappointing, since the weather people made it sound constant for the whole week. Oh, well- at least it's back! :lol

Sarah, that's too bad. Are they elderly, or do they just really, really like your opinions? :D

After I dropped off Mia, we ran to the grocery store for a few things I forgot last weekend. Then came home and had lunch, emptied and reloaded the dishwasher, put a load of towels in the washer, and straightened up a bit. I thought about vacuuming the rugs but figured they'd just get dirty from the mud/rain again anyway. Now it is time to pick her up. LoL How time flies. :wink

a little of both... fiance's grandparents I don't mind so much, but his mom can get annoying... I helped redecorate her bathroom 2 years ago and now that his mom and step-dad have decided to remodel/redecorate their house they've turned to me for help... though it is good cause they're allowing us to pay off what we owe them for this trailer w/ the labor we do for their remodel (fiance will be doing most of the painting and installing the flooring they bought) so actually it's helping us... but we rarely get a weekend where we just stay home... unless we're sick...

:hi

Lazy day here. We went ice skating with my mom this morning, came home for hot chocolate and mom's chocolate chip cookies, and since then I've pretty much read. :c9 DD has been happily playing. I needed a day like that. Time to make dinner. Spaghetti and meat sauce here tonight.

Stacy - It sounds like you got lots done today! How is your flannelghan coming along?

Joanne - I'm so glad you got home safely. It sounds like you had a very relaxing, quality time weekend with your DD. I bet DH is happy to have you home.

Sarah - Ya, no one tells you before you get married/engaged you marry the entire family :lol

Vicki - I hope the laundry elf was helpful today. Have fun at bowling!

LeaAnne - I hope the bake sale was a success. I would have really enjoyed a day selling the baking and crocheting :c9

I'm afraid bake sales in schools are getting rare here. Most of our schools strive to be peanut/nut free or at least "nut aware". An open invitation for families to bring homemade things to school just isn't realistic given the unknown ingredients. As a parent of a peanut-allergic child I am an unlikely candidate to suggest a bakesale at our school. I don't even allow DD to eat anything baked at someone else's house as I cannot guarantee it to be safe. I do work at elections though and given how many hundreds of people come in to vote I can just imagine how successful you would be! Which reminds me I'll have to turn on the news to see how the MA election turned out. This one has been well-covered (even here!).

C4J - Cara and Amity are so cute! You did a wonderful job on them!

:hi to everyone else!

yeah I can understand why bake sales would be hard w/ all the allergies kids have now...

Laundry is done and general clean up done. DH actually left the house in good shape. He ran the dishwasher this AM so all I had to do was empty it. Laundry is all folded and put away. Dinner is done- We had Chicken Caesar salads.

DH got a call today from the VP- they offered him the salary he wanted! :clap:yay So now he has to take a physical next week (always do with any kind of job in a hospital). He'll give notice after he passes the physical. He hasn't said anything to anyone yet- not till after the physical. So I'll let you know next week how that goes.

Colleen sounds like you had lovely day- ice skating, hot choc and then reading- a heavenly day:c9. DD and I didn't get to go ice skating-- the weather really didn't cooperate- but we had such a nice relaxing time- I miss her already.

Well everyone, going to go watch some news about the MA election- it is big news all over and I can't believe it is even big news in Canada!

LeaAnne- hope the bake sale was a success and that you got to get in some :crocheting

Sarah- that's neat that fiance's mom /stepdad are letting you pay off the trailer in labor! That's quite a nice deal- although I know it is hard to be working every weekend and not getting your own things done, you can't beat paying something off without $:lol

Off to crochet - think I'll make a Bella Scarf - I have some homespun left. Both DD and her roomie loved theirs and both wore them to work today:manyheart

Or...maybe I'll read some more of my book!

Laundry is done and general clean up done. DH actually left the house in good shape. He ran the dishwasher this AM so all I had to do was empty it. Laundry is all folded and put away. Dinner is done- We had Chicken Caesar salads.

DH got a call today from the VP- they offered him the salary he wanted! :clap:yay So now he has to take a physical next week (always do with any kind of job in a hospital). He'll give notice after he passes the physical. He hasn't said anything to anyone yet- not till after the physical. So I'll let you know next week how that goes.

Colleen sounds like you had lovely day- ice skating, hot choc and then reading- a heavenly day:c9. DD and I didn't get to go ice skating-- the weather really didn't cooperate- but we had such a nice relaxing time- I miss her already.

Well everyone, going to go watch some news about the MA election- it is big news all over and I can't believe it is even big news in Canada!

LeaAnne- hope the bake sale was a success and that you got to get in some :crocheting

Sarah- that's neat that fiance's mom /stepdad are letting you pay off the trailer in labor! That's quite a nice deal- although I know it is hard to be working every weekend and not getting your own things done, you can't beat paying something off without $:lol

Off to crochet - think I'll make a Bella Scarf - I have some homespun left. Both DD and her roomie loved theirs and both wore them to work today:manyheart

Or...maybe I'll read some more of my book!

:yay for your DH.

we just started the remodel, the other weekends have been visiting his grandparents or his mom so they could see Keith cause they don't come out here very often

:waving, all!

I am home... am :tired from a long enough day...

Just dropping by to say :hi, and send out :hug to you all...

i'll see you in the morning. I am off to put my feet up, watch Idol, and the election returns:D

Luv ya!:hug

Colleen, sounds like you have had a wonderful day. :manyheart I can see why you would shy away from homemade baked items. What about the products in the stores that are made "on equipment shared by nuts...etc.?" :think I always wondered about that.

Joanne, how fabulous that they offered your dh the salary he wanted! They must really like him. :cheer Good luck to him and let us know how it goes!

Leanne, I hope the elections went well! Certainly sounds like you had an excellent turnout. zsxaqsrfxcvnmkr5 (Mia says hello. :lol)

Sarah, good luck with that remodel. Sounds like a good deal to me, even though you don't get much time on the weekends. We owe dh's parents a bit, too, and I'd love it if we could pay them back without $$! :lol

I'm off for the night, I think. I still have 1 strip left for the flannelghan. As I was looking at it tonight, I had the crazy thought to make myself one! :eek:eek But I don't think anything will come of it. I did buy that 63 cable stitches book, so I may make that for myself once the hat business has settled down. :lol

Hi Ladies

It has been awhile since I have posted. I just wanted to let you guys know that Iam still here and think about you every day.

Could you please keep DH and I in your prayers. We are really in need of them lately.

Thanks everyone

Lots of love

:hug:manyheart

I decided to make another Belle Scarf with homespun yarn. It worked up really quickly- it only took me an hour 1/2- not bad for me!! I made it in the color "neauveau" and I like it. I am going to keep this one for me! I really like the way the scarves look and I deserve one for me- now I have made myself a hat, scarf, this scarf and a cowl. I am set. I have more homespun and since these work up so quickly I'll be making more and putting them away for gifts for next Christmas.

Mary- glad you posted and I will keep you and DH in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are both ok! Here's a couple of:hug:hug

Stacy- A flannelghan for you? :eek- I should have finished the flannelghan instead of making a scarf for myself- but I think I keep procrastinating because I am not looking forward to the weaving in of ends and the sewing together! Good luck finishing your hats. Did your dad get back to you about the other flannelghans? You may have posted but I forget:think. How are the rains and winds- I was reading about 95 mile/hr winds in So Cali- overturned SUV's and such. Hope it is not that bad where you are!

Looks like Massachussets had quite the upset today! Should be interesting to see how this all plays out with healthcare reform, but we won't discuss this here- not the proper forum.:)

Well, I guess I'd better get to sleep- it's back to work tomorrow for me! I really did enjoy my days off and time spent with DD!:manyheart

Good morning to all. It is a rainy day here. Stacy's favorite kind of weather!

Bowling was good for me. I bowled a 174, a 155, and a 115. Ok, the last game was not good, but I did take 3 of my 4 points, so that was good. I am tired though, today, I can tell you that!

Joanne - YAY for your hubby getting the salary that he wanted! That means he will cut his commute time down and his commute costs down as well. That's like getting a raise! Hope it all works out and he takes it!

Stacy - Are you still getting storms out by you?

Sarah - Are you enjoying the warmer weather?

LeaAnne - How did the bake sale do?

Colleen - Your day yesterday sounds heavenly! I am glad you got to enjoy it!

Mary - Hope all is well. You are in my prayers girl.

Tae kwon do tonight and then I think it will be an early night! Have a good day and I will check back with you all later!

TTFN!

Vicki

Bit of a crapy evening here.

1.) Roomate decided to take a 3 hour nap on the couch, so i couldnt watch TV as we only have one in the house and it resides in the living room with said couch.

2.) Internet went out before i left work yesterday, and was down most of the night and this morning.

3.) Borrowed DVD's from the library over the weekend, but they either wouldnt play right (kept "skipping damaged area") r just wouldnt play at all!)

All in all, i did have a few :hook DVD's and i watched some of them last night to get a few pointers. not bad stuff, till i got a little too ambitious and decided to do a cropped cardi CAL with the DVD instructor, but had too small of a hook.... ended up taking that apart.

I did learn how to make horizontal ribbing tho so i guess that is a plus!

here's hoping i get to do some :crocheting during my lunch break!

good morning!

:hi, Mary :hug:hug I pray for you every day! You and DH... I miss you bunches:hug

Stacy~ please tell Mia that I say :hi right back! That made me laugh:lol... please also tell her that she made my day:U

I am so happy to read that Blinkers is treating you well! :rofl about the flannelghan for you... my rest of my house wants them, too! :shrug... at least it would help my heating bill:devil

Colleen ~ your day yesterday sounds divine! We have to provide a list of every ingredient that is used in any baked good that goes in to the school. Yesterday was not as critical, because this bake sale was for voters only. We have lots of food allergies in the school. If a student with a food allergy wants to buy from any bake sale, the purchase must first be approved by the nurse. So.... what's on the agenda today?:)

Joanne ~ :yes yesterday was a big day in the history of Massachusetts, as well as the country. I must say that I never saw so many people coming out to vote as I did yesterday. It was great that so many chose to excercise their right! Congrats to DH on the new job, and :cheer that he kept things nice so you could come home to a clean house yesterday!

Sarah ~ It sure sounds like you are a busy girl on the weekends! DF's parents must have a lot of faith in you. and :cheer for payments without $$... how long until your debt is paid?

Vicki ~ WTG on your bowling scores! Very good!:cheerI hope today passes quickly for you, so you can relax tonight:hug ...and I didn't get to post the other day to :clap:clap you for finishing that baby sweater! did you start the granny yet?

Beth ~ How are you doing, sis? I hope that all is ok, and that the :) is slowly returning to your face! Here's an extra :hug, just in case you need one!

C4J ~ How is school this week? How are Amity and Cara today? :hugI hope your day is wonderful!

Shannon ~ how are you doing today? How is DH's job going, and how is Janna? We sure do miss you around here! :hug:hug

Scooby ~ How are you doing today? Did you get any more snow?

Tena ~ I hope you are having a few minutes for "you" today!:U

Chaya ~ Haven't heard from you in a while.... are you ok?

Frogger ~ Are things less stressful for you lately? I pray for that.

...so back to my bake sale... errr... i mean social day. We didn't really make much $$ at all... there was barely anything to sell, as most parents apparently forgot to bake. I did get to see most of my neighbors, though, which was good. It's funny how many people you don't see when it's winter outside.:lol I was so busy :blah, that I didn't even :crocheting! We did sell a lot of coffee and hot chocolate, which was good. A company in the area donated a Keurig machine to us, so I did enjoy playing "barista" for the day:lol

Today, I am home... and need to get everything cleaned up. can anyone figure out how a house gets messy when nobody's even home??:think

Anyway, since I skipped yesterday of laundry, I have 3 loads today, the girls' rooms to clean, and the vac to run, all before noon... Uncle Art is coming today:eek he called this morning, to let me know he is here, and that they will be here for the afternoon! He is supposed to find out today if he is cancer free:xfin:xfin... I will let you know what they say.

Have the best day you can have, all... and please know that i carry each of you with me in my heart when I am not here:yes:hug:manyheart

Yes, there is alot less stress now that my coworker has been back from Maternity leave, but she has been off most of this week because the new baby is having some medical testing done. she was in for an hour on monday, and then she borrowed one of the company computers and left to go back to the hospital.

Archived