Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LeaAnne - glad your date went well. I :manyheart macaroni grill.

Joanne - glad you are having fun.

C4J - :yay for getting your FSD finished.

Stacy - :yay for a new to you car =0)

Scooby, Beth, Vicki, Frogger, Tena, Shannon, Chaya, Mary, Judy and anyone I might have forgotten. Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Slept in late as I was up late w/ an upset stomache. Fiance took Keith to go see Grandma (fiance's mom). I wasn't feeling up to being social (or doing computer classes for his step-dad) so stayed here and after they left went to town to go finish off a sears giftcard fiance had, ended up getting Keith a pair of pants that the cuff rolls up to show blue plaid (fiance loves plaid). Then went to the bookstore and got a soda and sat down w/ a book to read for awhile. Keith was sound asleep before fiance even got home so he just put him straight to bed (no nap and 30+ min car ride = guaranteed he's asleep when he gets home) though it means I'll have to wash his blanket he took w/ him and the rest of his bedding (fiance's mom smokes and has smoked in the house she's in for 30 years... so when we go there everything we wore has to be washed and we need showers cause of the smoke smell, another reason I don't like going over there...)

Good morning everyone! Have a great day. I'm hoping to visit Michael's after the birthday party so that I can get that yarn to finish my bag. It is warm here and our snow is almost all gone. Too bad because the birthday party was supposed to include snowshoeing and sledding. Oh well, I'm sure we'll have fun!

Joanne - the 100 crochet projects book is Leinhauser.

Stacy - If you are looking for a book to spend your gift card on, I got the most amazing new book out of the library this week. It is called The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet by Margaret Hubert. It has complete stitch guide, a bunch of great patterns. You might want to take a look. I'm hoping to buy it with my bookstore gift card, but if not I know the library has it.

Good morning Besties! It is a Sunny day here, finally! I need to get some stuff done around the house. The vacuum needs to be run and the laundry needs to be done. DD is going to play at her friend's house today and th JETS play later on this afternoon against the Chargers.

Stacy - YAY for a new car! That is awesome that you now can do what you need to do and not worry about whether or not the car will make it! YAY for you!

Joanne - Glad you are having a great time at DD's place! What is on the schedule for today?

Colleen - Have fun at the birthday party! I'm sure it will be fun even if all the snow is melting. What will the kids do if they can't snow shoe?

C4J - Amity is lovely! You did a wonderful job on her!

Shannon - Hope you get your computer straightened out soon! We miss you girl!

LeaAnne - Your date sounds wonderful! Glad you were able to have oldest DD babysit and now you know she can do it! YAY for a home grown babysitter!

Hope everyone has a great day! Talk to you all later!

Vicki

Good morning everyone!

I slept in this morning- till 9:30:eek Can you believe it?:lol

DD is starting to get a cold- so the plans for today are to take it easy- We are going to brunch at a neat restaurant right around the corner (another tradition -we go everytime I come up). Then we are making a run to Target- DD wants to get a bookshelf and a new kitchen garbage can- and since I have a car, she wants to do this while I'm here with wheels. Then the rest of the day is going to be watching football and baking cookies- a very relaxing Sunday. They are now forecasting snow this evening into Monday- we'll see if it materializes.

Colleen thanks for the heads up on that book- I'll have to check it out and also the one by Jean Leinhauser. I'm very curious about that bucket bag!

Vicki- I'll be thinking of you when I'm watching the JETS! Enjoy the game!

C4J- Amity looks lovely in her new dress!

Well, off to get ready for brunch! If we don't get there by 11 we'll have a wait-

Have a great day!:manyheart

Good morning! I'm using my Ipod and it would take forever to address everyone so I'll do that later. I wanted to stop in and tell Colleen and Sarah that Michael's has WoolEase T&Q, and Homedpun on sale this week! Yay! I need to run to Trader Joe's later so I'm going to get dome T&Q for an apple pie hat. :D.

Colleen, thanks for the book suggestion. I will look for it. Have fun at the party! What is snow-shoeing?

Vicki, sounds like you have a nice day planned. Have fun watching the game!

C4J- Amity is adorable! You did a wonderful job on her.

Everyone else- love and hugs! Happy Sunday!

:hi everyone!

The birthday party was the best I've ever been to (I stuck around for it). They have animals at the nature centre, so DD held a rat in her lap (:yuck) and had a python over her shoulders (:ohdear), saw a tree frog and looked at the other aquariums. We went on a nature hike and the interpreter put seeds on the kids hats and the chickadees ate right off their heads (and my hand :wink). Then we had a bonfire and roasted hot dogs and marshmellows. It was fantastic! It wasn't snowy enough to sled and there was no mention of snowshoeing (snow shoes are big things you put over your boots to help you walk on the snow without falling in).

I went to Michaels after the party to exchange that yarn. WoolEase T&Q was on sale, but they had ZERO of the charcoal :( I did get the homespun for my MIL's red scarf. My bag will have to wait. :cry

Have a great evening, friends. We just had homemade pizza and salad.

I'm back! It sure is quiet today. I stopped at Michael's before TJ's, and got some yarn to make a hat for Jorge. Looked at the WoolEase T&Q but decided that I have so much ww, I'm sure I can just use 2 strands for the hat. They didn't have any of the books I was looking for, so I got the 63 Crochet Cable Stitches. It felt SO nice to buy something just for me, without planning. :manyheart

The rain has started and is supposed to continue through the entire week, with up to 1 inch per hour at times! I love it! LoL I forgot to stop at Target earlier so I will have to go back out, but I am eager to see how my car handles in the rain. :D (Still doing the Cabbage Patch here. LoL)

:hi Colleen!

The birthday party sounds like fun! How neat that the chickadees at from the kids' hats. I'm sure they got a huge kick out of that. Sorry to hear Michael's didn't have the color you need. When our Michael's has a good sale, I have to get there early on the first day, or the colors are all gone for the rest of the week. Very frustrating.

Joanne, :clap for sleeping in! I hope you had an enjoyable day and that dd is feeling better.

Hi all,

Colleen, that sounds like an awesome party! Sorry about the T&Q-maybe they'll restock during the week? Homemade pizza and salad sounds yummy.

Stacy- Glad you get to try out the car in the rain! DH called and said it was a yucky day in NJ Raining all day- still no precip in Boston, but they are forecasting snow and rain-for tonight and tomorrow.

vikings won and Cowboys lost (happy bout that). Now watching the Jets- losing 7-0-

Brunch was yummy and then we went to Target- DD got her bookcase and new trash can and I bought her a new pillow topper mattress cover and new sheets.

We came home and decided we would just watch football. I made her a hat out of the green yarn- I made the Sedona hat from Yarncat. http://www.yarncat.com/Sedona.html

The one I made is solid green as is the flower- DD loves it. I still have enough green yarn left and am going to make fingerless gloves after we eat dinner.

We decided to bake tomorrow. Well, dinner is ready (left over soup and tuna sandwiches)

Have a good night everyone!

Vicki- What a game- Your J-E-T-S won!!! Can you believe it? LOL

I feel bad for the Chargers kicker though- 3 missed field goals- if he had made at least 1 they would have tied- and if he made 2 of the 3 they would have won. My heart goes out to him- But

CONGRATS TO THE JETS!!!

I'm looking for ideas, Ladies. Baby shower, end of Feb. but will hope to get gift done to "deliver" mid-Feb. Gender of baby unknown. Probably can't justify buying yarn, so I'm limited to 2 skeins or less of ww in any given colour. Yellow sweater? :think Boring? :shrug I'd love to do a tiny flannelghan for a baby :dreaming but I don't have enough yarn. I'll have to look through my stash, but I think I'll do that while DH is out of the house at work tomorrow. It isn't a big stash, but he might not see it that way.:heehee

Hmmm, I haven't really done that much for babies...I did make a pair of booties for a couple my grandma knew...:) It was a really easy pattern, and perfect if you have a small stash..:) It should be done with softer yarn though.:yes

I'm looking for ideas, Ladies. Baby shower, end of Feb. but will hope to get gift done to "deliver" mid-Feb. Gender of baby unknown. Probably can't justify buying yarn, so I'm limited to 2 skeins or less of ww in any given colour. Yellow sweater? :think Boring? :shrug I'd love to do a tiny flannelghan for a baby :dreaming but I don't have enough yarn. I'll have to look through my stash, but I think I'll do that while DH is out of the house at work tomorrow. It isn't a big stash, but he might not see it that way.:heehee

Colleen - great idea about a tiny flannelghan! I have a baby gift to make for a March shower. You could make one to fit a car seat or stroller... that would be a really cool gift! The baby I am making for is a boy. YOu should check out the combo's on post #1 of the flannelghan thread... maybe you could run 1 color as the background, and do blocks of other colors. That way you wouldn't need so many skeins of anything. does that make sense? Another idea might be to make a big bag, that mom could also use as a diaper bag? How about the Loop to loop pattern for a burp cloth? :scrachin... lemme think on this a bit... it might be fun to do our gifts "together", if you wanted to!:D ...p.s. Your DH would probably :faint at a stash like Scooby's or mine!:rofl

:waving, Everyone! I hope that you all had a terrific day!

Joanne - :manyheart that hat! sounds like you and DD had a fun day just kickin back and watchin the football games!... Nice that you are sharing nice quality time with DD, and getting some much needed rest! I hope our weather doesn't spoil tomorrow for ya. I will :xfin that it won't be bad in Somerville. :hug

Vicki - the only good part about the JETS win is that I know it made your day!!!! :hug:hug:devil ...just kidding! they did play a heck of a game! You weren't watching from your "Magic Chair" were you?:eek I think it is funny that they have to play Indy next week, since it was Indy that was their helper to get in the playoffs! It should be an exciting game!

If you have school tomorrow, I hope that your students are good to you, and that you have a nice day! ... hey, any updates on DD's Destination Imagination team? Please tell her :waving from me?

C4J - Look at you go... getting all this :crocheting done! That is so great! :thinkDo you have school tomorrow? You are homeschooled, right? What subjects are you taking?

Stacy - I had to :heehee about you "forgetting" to make a stop and needing to go back out! that's funny!:lol:lol I am so happy to hear the smile in your words today!:hug Enjoy :driveing all over the place! do the girlies also :manyheart momma's new wheels?! ...did you get any more "orders" today? I am so excited for you and your little side gig!:)

Sarah - How are you feeling today? I hope you are better. what did you read at the book store?

:waving to Scooby, Mary, Shannon, Beth, Chaya, Judy, Frogger, and Tena! I hope that the weekend has treated you all well... big :hug and prayers for all of you!

I spent my day cooking and cleaning. My house is about as good as I can have it with everyone hanging around, and....:clapALL of my laundry is DONE! I made a pot of sauce today with meatballs, so we had meatball grinders for supper, and tomorrow night will be pasta. (I know, Vicki... your favorite!:lol) Well, at least I don't have to cook, right? Tuesday is the big Senate Election here in Massachusetts. I won't discuss it other than to say it seems to be a very close race. Of course the PTO will be having a bake sale, so I will be tied up at the school (that's where the polls are:D). Last time, I was able to get quite a bit of :crocheting done while I was there... we'll see about this time:xfin It will be especially good knowing that I am ahead of the game around here (for a change:blush)

Babysitting looks like it will be on Friday this week.... I can't wait!:yes

I hope you all had a great evening... Love you all!:hug:manyheart:hug

LeaAnne - What are meatball grinders? WTG on getting everything caught up at home. You sure have been on a roll lately! Good luck at your bake sale. What a great idea to have a bake sale on election day! Thanks for the suggestions for the baby shower. I'll look at my stash and see if I can swing a baby flannelghan. I like the multi-colour idea. If a grown up one is strips of 15 hdc across, what would you think maybe 10 hdc across each strip and equal blocks across as up? I think I'll go wander over to the Lumberjack CAL now and have a gander. That would be fun to make something together. :yes Maybe Vicki would like to join us with her blanket to finish.

C4J - Booties are a great idea and I may go with something like that. I enjoy making bibs too. Thanks for the great idea!

hey, Colleen... I was just poking around and saw a baby snuggie in the snuggie CAL... you should check it out, it's cute!:D

Oh that is cute! This will be a summer baby (I think she is due in May or June), so she might not get much use out of that. Did you see the lemon/mint baby flannelghan that is done in Bernat Softee baby? Cute. That would be soft too :dreaming

Ah, I see. That would be a Meatball sub here. Yum!

I don't know what size I'd go with. I preferred the smaller ones for on the go myself. Plus I think it would be nice as a stroller/carseat size due to the weight. I think I've got to do some figuring, because I'd need a mulitple of 3 blocks.

:yes good idea! I will play around a little, too. If you make the blocks smaller, like you said, you could do 3 high, and 3 strips. Or you could shrink it more. depends on how small you want your "blocks" to be...

lemon and mint sounds nice! I love that Softee Yarn! do you have some?

Not enough to make a blanket :( Maybe a hat. :lol

a flannelghan could also be a changing mat, a play mat, a nappy 'ghan... ooooh! the possibilities are endless!:D

For sure! I wonder how a flannelghan would be in ww cotton (handicrafters) for a change mat. That would kill my hands, but I have some of that.

Archived