Some good clean fun?!

:waving, everybody!

I hope I don't lose this post... it's been so frustrating, to write a long post and lose it! I don't know if it's my computer or C'ville... after reading your posts, it seems it may be C'ville(:whew)

hey, Shannon.... GEAUX SAINTS!!!!! I can't wait for the game tonight!!! Did you get all of your cleaning done so you can enjoy the game? :cheer on getting the tree down. I hope you get to come back soon... I am sure the rest of this group would agree, that this CAL just isn't the same without you!!!:hug:hug to you, Janna, DH, Sis, Honey & BigBob.

Joanne - You are here for our "January thaw"! :lol I hope you and DD enjoy the museums today. Italian wedding soup sounds wonderful! Enjoy the games tonight!!!! hey, I :heehee about the cupcake shop! We saw that place on a show called "The Phantom Gourmet" They show all the best restaurants in the area, and that place has been on the show a few times... And great news about DH. Way to hold out for the salary he wants!

Scooby - sorry I didn't stay to chat lastnight. It was good to say :hi, anyway:heehee... I hope all is well with you, and that you are having a fun day! btw... I wanted to mention about the internet/cable issue: after each time a technician comes out, have DH call the company to credit you for the days you lost. when you call to get your problem fixed, tell them that you want credit. In today's day and age, there is no way that anyone should pay for what they didn't get... and it sounds like you have the issues well documented with the company. I hope it all works out:hug:hug

Stacy - sorry about your car:( that's a bummer.... you should make the decision that is best for your family. Is there any chance you could get a used car with a payment, and pay it off when the taxes come back? :think

Oh... and the flannelghan... :cheerWoopWoop! on getting those sales! You priced a little low, but that's ok when you first start! I am soooo proud of you! I charge $75 for a twin, and $100 for a full/queen. The material expense on those is obviously high. Make sure you get your yarn on sale to retain a good profit. A good rule of thumb for pricing is to charge 3 or 4 times the cost of materials (full retail price). Also, you can add a little if the design is complex. If you want to discuss further, PM me or Mary. I am not sure how much we are allowed to discuss here.

Colleen - It sounds like you are settling in very well to the SAHM routine! :manyheart I love reading about what you and DD are up to! You are an inspiration:hug I could not be any happier for you:U

Beth - :clapfor your car passing inspection! I hope you are having a great weekend so far... Did you start those Christmas-ghan yet?

C4J - :cheer:cheer great job finishing your doll! And great job with your classes this week:U btw... Do you count studying time for crocheting minutes?:devil:devil what grade are you in?

Sarah - I hope it stopped raining where you are! That's crazy, the amount of rain you've gotten! ..and wtg on letting Keith burn some energy out there in those puddles! I hope today is great for you guys.

Vicki - Sounds like you have a very nice day on tap... enjoy the football later:)... and :hug:cheerfor DH and the unemployment getting squared away. That must be a load off your mind.

Frogger - :welcome back! sorry about the stress you have endured over the last few weeks... hopefully things will be continuing to improve for you!

Tena - glad to hear that things are settling down slightly for you! Please know you are in my thoughts!

Chaya & Mary - :hug:hug:hug Hoping you are well, and praying for you every day!

I sure hope i didn't miss anybody... i didn't mean to if I did. I had so much to say to everybody! :hug:manyheart:hug

Our date last night was :c9. We went to the Macaroni Grill. It was nice to sit and talk with DH and take my time eating my meal. Even better, is that oldest DD was the "babysitter", for a trial... We can definitely do it again:clap. It had been we don't even know how long since our last "date", so it was way overdue!

I also did my first day babysitting yesterday for the mom i know from school... It will be 3 hours a week, so that she can have hands free to get her housework done. The baby is ADORABLE! 8 months old. I am the first person besides her parents who was able to hold her without her having a meltdown. It was nice:c9. The best part is that the house is 1/2way to the post office, so I will "finally" be able to get my squares mailed out after "work" next week:cheer:cheer

...well, have a great day, all... I gotta go get my junk done around here before the football starts:D I'll try to pop in again later

Luv to you all:hug

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C4J - :cheer:cheer great job finishing your doll! And great job with your classes this week:U btw... Do you count studying time for crocheting minutes?:devil:devil what grade are you in?

Thanks, thanks! :D Umm, no.:devil I did not, I just had to read a few paragraphs, and then answer Qs. :D

I am in 7th grade, and I am homeschooled.:cheer:P

:hi everyone!

We went to look at carpet for our bedroom, the landing, and the stairs today and :( it costs a lot more than we had thought it would be. Now we have to review our options. It will be a quiet weekend here, thank goodness, after the excitement of the birthday party last weekend. I just finished my book, The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister. It was VERY good.

C4J - Amity is beautiful! You did a wonderful job! You are a very talented young lady! How did you choose her name?

LeaAnne - I am so happy you and DH had a great date! Your babysitting job sounds heavenly. I would love to have 3 hours a week with an 8 month old :dreaming That is the kind of job that would give your heart a little recharge now and then.

Joanne - Enjoy your day in Boston. The museums by day and soup by night sounds perfect! Our snow is melting too as we are having some above freezing days here ourselves.

Vicki - Good for you sleeping in! You deserve it! Enjoy your day!

Beth, Scooby, Shannon, Stacy, Sarah, Frogger, Tena, Judy, Mary, anyone I've missed, I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. :hug

[quote name='crocheter4jesus']Thanks, thanks! :D Umm, no.:devil I did not, I just had to read a few paragraphs, and then answer Qs. :D
I am in 7th grade, and I am homeschooled.:cheer:P[/quote]

:faint! wow! 7th grade? You are an awesome crochetier for your age, my dear! I have 3 girls age 13,11 & 10. My 10 year old crochets, too.
If I were you, I would keep a log of your studying time through the week, and then cash it in on the weekends! I will have tell my daughter about you... she will think that it is so very cool that you are here! :hug

:hi everyone!

We went to look at carpet for our bedroom, the landing, and the stairs today and :( it costs a lot more than we had thought it would be. Now we have to review our options. It will be a quiet weekend here, thank goodness, after the excitement of the birthday party last weekend. I just finished my book, The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister. It was VERY good.

C4J - Amity is beautiful! You did a wonderful job! You are a very talented young lady! How did you choose her name?

LeaAnne - I am so happy you and DH had a great date! Your babysitting job sounds heavenly. I would love to have 3 hours a week with an 8 month old :dreaming That is the kind of job that would give your heart a little recharge now and then.

Joanne - Enjoy your day in Boston. The museums by day and soup by night sounds perfect! Our snow is melting too as we are having some above freezing days here ourselves.

Vicki - Good for you sleeping in! You deserve it! Enjoy your day!

Beth, Scooby, Shannon, Stacy, Sarah, Frogger, Tena, Judy, Mary, anyone I've missed, I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. :hug

You are right about the recharge, Colleen! Nothing like holding a baby to remind you of how precious life should be!!! enjoy your quiet weekend! Sounds like heaven to me!!!:c9 What are you crocheting today? ...btw, your hat is adorable. ::think wonder why yours came out so much smaller than Stacy's? Have fun, whatever you decide to make!:hug

thanks for the review, too, of "The School of Essential Ingredients" I just went and checked it out on Amazon. It is my favorite kind of book! I need to add to my "wanna read" list fer shure:yes!

Hey... Joanne! Thank you for bringing the heat wave up from Jersey! :rofl... seriously, today is the warmest day we have had since November, I think! How were the museums?:hug

LeaAnne - I think you would like that book. I'm not working on anything right now. Just relaxing. Maybe I'll make a scarf to go with that hat. I have an idea, just not sure if my leftover lavender will be enough to do it. DD is watching a new Popular Mechanics for kids movie that she picked out at the library. She loves science. DH is putsing in the garage. So peaceful :c9

wow... sounds peaceful! I'm on my way! :devil

...just kidding! Oldest 2 are hanging and chatting in Jamie's room, Krissy has a friend over, so she, Peter and the friend are playing "whoonu". DH is taking a snoozy before the games start. so I guess I can say it's calm (although not quiet):lol

Dinner tonight is sandwiches:) Nice and easy so I can :cheer for Shannon's Saints!;)

:lol My house is never quiet while DD is awake either. She talks NON-STOP. I'm not kidding. She is giving a running commentary on her show as I write. I just made garlic cheese bread to tide us over until after church, which we will leave for in 20 minutes or so. Then we'll have soup afterwards I think. Nice and easy. I hope you enjoy watching the football. It is Hockey Night in Canada (our TV doesn't know anything else on Saturday nights :lol), so I'll probably be around the 'ville, crocheting or reading. Have a great night. What are you crocheting these days? I have to get back to my list I wrote down a few days ago. :blush

Afternoon all!

Thanks! I was looking in a baby names book, and I came across Amity, which means Friendship. :) I just named her that since I have a lot of friends, on here and in my life. :D

If I were you, I would keep a log of your studying time through the week, and then cash it in on the weekends!

LOL! I think I might! :D

Afternoon all!

Thanks! I was looking in a baby names book, and I came across Amity, which means Friendship. :) I just named her that since I have a lot of friends, on here and in my life. :D

Very cool that you thought that through and that you are thankful for your friends! :hug

:lol My house is never quiet while DD is awake either. She talks NON-STOP. I'm not kidding. She is giving a running commentary on her show as I write. I just made garlic cheese bread to tide us over until after church, which we will leave for in 20 minutes or so. Then we'll have soup afterwards I think. Nice and easy. I hope you enjoy watching the football. It is Hockey Night in Canada (our TV doesn't know anything else on Saturday nights :lol), so I'll probably be around the 'ville, crocheting or reading. Have a great night. What are you crocheting these days? I have to get back to my list I wrote down a few days ago. :blush

That's too funny! I have a chatterbox or 3 here, too!

I hope church was good. Enjoy your soup! I will be in and out tonight, too.

I need to find my list, too:blush tonight I am working on the grey/navy flannelghan, mainly because I don't have to count while I am watching football:lol I also have the stitch sampler going, but can't seem to get it past the "counting" part... maybe tomorrow morning, if I get up before everyone else.;):devil I have a few things started, but those are the main projects right now:yes

Hi everyone!

We had a great day at both the Museum of Fine Art and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum- an artsy fun day!! :yes We got home then ran to the grocery store (well not ran, drove:lol) and now the soup is on. Wow The Saints are blowing away the Cardinals-not even interesting since it's not close. But Yay for Shannon and her Saints- GEAUX SAINTS!:cheer

Stacy- Anyone who is named Isabella has free admission to the Gardner museum- it was in her will- and of course I thought of you ---so if you ever bring Isabella to Boston- be sure to check it out!

That's neat about your babysitting job, LeaAnne- how fun- and so happy you had a great date night! :c9 And that your DD passed her babysitting test! And I'm happy that I brought some warm weather- but it was just as cold in NJ as it was up here b/4 I came- LOL...but it really was a beautiful day today!

Colleen- thanks for the tip on the book- I think that will be the next one I download onto my Nook w/my giftcard. Right now I'm reading Handle with Care by Jodi Piccoult- so far I like it- but I like all of Piccoult's books. This one is about a girl with osteogenesis imperfecta- born with it- it is a disorder where your bones break easily- I just started it this morning

C4J- I love your Amity doll- My Brother-in-law has a niece named Amity- I love that name- and love the meaning of the name. Wow only in 7th grade and you crochet like that! I'm impressed!

I'll be back later-:hug

C4J- I love your Amity doll- My Brother-in-law has a niece named Amity- I love that name- and love the meaning of the name. Wow only in 7th grade and you crochet like that! I'm impressed!

Thanks! :) I love crocheting, I just wish I had a longer attention span, so I could try larger projects! ;) BTW, it sounds like you had a great time today! :D

Joanne - I'm glad to hear you are having fun with DD. I think you make fun wherever you go, so I'm not surprised :lol

LeaAnne - I cannot imagine 3 chatterboxes :no Oh yes, I forgot you are doing the sampler 'ghan. What colours?

C4J - You are so creative! Looking in a baby name book to name your doll! Amity, I love it! What do you do with your little dolls and ami creations? Are you planning to fill your room with your handiwork? At what age did you learn to crochet? I am very impressed :tup

I am kinda bummed out. I started my bucket bag. The pattern called for 6 oz (1 skein) of Lionbrand WoolEase thick and quick. I actually bought the yarn the pattern calls for, which I am not always able to do (not all yarns are available here). A 1 skein project is a bonus for me, because my yarn budget is very small these days. I bought it with my Christmas giftcard as a project for me (another rare thing). Anyway, I'm about 3/5 done and I'm out of yarn :bang I am pleased with the bag so far, so I guess that is the bright side. :D

:hi Colleen!

I am fabulous! I got a new car last night! That's why I wasn't here for chat. :heehee

That sucks about your bucket bag! Do you all get those 40% off coupons in Canada? Maybe you could use one to get one more skein? :think

Colleen - sorry 'bout the miscalculation in your pattern:( ...very frustrating, especially cause I know you've been waiting to make that bag! Will you only need 1 more skein, i hope?

I am liking my sampler so far... the colors are RedHeart:

Aspen print

Fiesta Horizon

Medium Thyme

Warm Brown

& Buff

I was going to do chenille in plum, olive (light and dark) and cream, but the chenille was breaking:(

When I am done, it will match my family room:D

Yes, I do have a 40% coupon, but we can only use them on 1 regular priced item. If the WoolEase is regular price I'll do that. Thanks for helping me see the brightside!

:yay for a new car! What kind did you get, what colour?

What color are you using on it? I've wanted to try WoolEase T&Q but it rarely goes on sale here.

Leanne, your afghan is going to be so pretty! :manyheart

I got a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer. It is black, with gray cloth interior. I :manyheart it. Dh really wanted me to get a mini-van but the one we were looking at online was not available anymore and the others were kind of older with high mileage. I secretly wanted another SUV anyway. :lol

Archived