Some good clean fun?!

I was thinking of the changing mat. It would be nice and heavy, that's for sure! but you are right, it would probably kill your hands...

but, what if you did it so it folded up like a little travel 'ghan, with a pocket for the diaper, etc.?

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking of the changing mat. It would be nice and heavy, that's for sure! but you are right, it would probably kill your hands...

but, what if you did it so it folded up like a little travel 'ghan, with a pocket for the diaper, etc.?

Cute idea! Oh, we could have some fun with this! Or, a small diaper bag with straps that button on the side to hold the rolled up change mat.

Cute idea! Oh, we could have some fun with this! Or, a small diaper bag with straps that button on the side to hold the rolled up change mat.

That would be adorable! ...and yeah, I guess we couldn't start tonight:lol

Don't you think it would be okay in acrylic?

I think it would be ok in acrylic, but better in cotton. My "mommy to be" is quite particular. In fact, i guess i should check out her "registry" to make sure I match everything!:blush

I think it would be ok in acrylic, but better in cotton. My "mommy to be" is quite particular. In fact, i guess i should check out her "registry" to make sure I match everything!:blush

Maybe she'll actually have colours picked out. My SIL asked the grandma-to-be tonight and we've got nothing to go on. :shrug

:hug 'night 'night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite

Hey girls! I had fun reading your brainstorming session! :D Your baby flannelghans sound so cute. Can't wait to see what you two come up with. :cheer

Leanne, your meatball subs sound :drool! I have that on the menu for this week, also! Do you have a recipe you can share, for your own sauce? I've found one at Trader Joe's that we really like, but, of course, there is nothing like homemade sauce. :manyheart

Tonight we put the girls to bed early (they were arguing) and I worked on SIL's 'ghan- joined 4 strips and weaved in the ends. Now there is only 1 strip left to make, join, and add the border. It felt good to get the joining done!

I called my dad to see if the other 2 were a definite order- he is going to call me back. I told him I need to know by the end of the week so I can get the yarn, since it's on sale. :lol

My nose is so stuffy...but at the same time, feels like it's draining. Does that make sense? I think it has something to do with the weather. :think At least I can sleep in tomorrow- :xfin that some sleep will help it to feel better.

I am yawning, so I am going to call it a night. Sweet dreams, besties! :ghug

Hi girls! I just finished reading all of the chatter. I've been missing a lot.

Please know that I am thinking of you all! :hugs all around, and I miss you!

Have a great day tomorrow!

Good morning!

Sounds like Colleen and LeaAnne had a great little crocheting brain-storming session last night on what to make! Can't wait to see what you finally decide on - and how cute- a baby flannelghan--it would be much faster than an adult size one!

Stacy- WTG on getting four strips together! I am dreading the weaving in of ends and the putting together of the strips-but that is what I need to get done this upcoming weekend! No ifs, ands, buts- DH has waited long enough for this ghan.

Shannon- Glad you popped in to say hi!!! How is little Janna-ness doing? And what about your Saints? Next weekend should be fun- Saints and Jets both still in playoffs- two of my besties teams!

Vicki- How bout them J-E-T-S? You and DH must be so happy- not the same old Jets!! Did you watch the whole game or did the magical chair take over? LOL

Well, it is snowing here- the heavy wet kind of snow. LeaAnne, not so sure i brought good weather to MA!! Glad we decided that today would be baking cookie day- great day to stay inside. I didn't make the fingerless gloves yesterday- the Jets football game was actually a game. I am going to start them this morning while it is nice and quiet and DD is sleeping.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Morning all! I had a terrible night sleep. I have been awake since about 3 and could not go back to sleep. I shouldn't complain. I haven't had this in a bout two weeks. Stress, I guess.

J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS! Yes, we were watching the Jets game yesterday. Hubby was in AGONY watching the last quarter, but was in heaven when they won. I need to wash his jersey now so he can wear it to the bowling alley on Tuesday night. The dogs put puppy paw prints all over it yesterday. I knew if they kept it close at the half that they would still be in it and they were able to do that. They started the second half off great! It was actually the best game of the weekend to watch. I want to e-mail my study chair. Poor guy is a Chargers fan! Do I dare?

It is supposed to warm up here this week. We are supposed to be in the 70s this week! Very mild for this time of year.

I am going to the doctor today to follow up on my stomach today. I need to call the new insurance today too. They won't refill my prescription for my migraines for some reason. I need to call them and see why they are rejecting it. But the strange thing is that they filled hubby's stuff! Go figure that one. After the doctor I will go pick DD up from her friend's house. She slept over there last night, so it was nice and quiet here.

Then my sister Pam called me yesterday and asked me what I was doing for my birthday. I told her I didn't know, that I really hadn't gotten that far in life. So I asked because I knew that was what she wanted and asked her what she was doing. "I'm going to Williamsburg!" she announces. Then she asks are you at least going to go out to dinner? Uh, Hello, I think I have more important things to worry about than whether I get my birthday dinner this year. I was annoyed because she know what is happening and she does this type of stuff. Sorry, had to vent there.

Anyway, have a great day all. Talk to you all later!

Vicki

Vicki- good luck at the MD today and getting the migraine meds taken care of. I know you have lots on your mind and sorry bout your twin- She won't be far from Beth when she goes to Williamsburg- Maybe Beth can stop by and shake some sense into her? LOL

Speaking of Beth- where are you? You are usually up and posting at the crack of dawn. Haven't heard from you in a few days. Hope all is well

Mary- how's things in God's country? How's your hand from working on the flannelghan?

Everyone else- I ended up doing some more reading in the quiet of the morning- the book is good. Now to start the fingerless mitts.

Cya later

:yawn:coffee

Happy Monday morning! I guess it is a holiday for some of you? What is it MLK day? Not here. Just a cloudy, dreary, snow-melting, brown grass-showing-through, kinda Monday. I am off to buy groceries. Maybe this afternoon I'll get some :crocheting time.

:hug to all!

Yes, Colleen it is a holiday- Martin Luther King Day- not everyone has off though. DH has to work today.

Looks like the snow is stopping but it is kind of gray, dreary, rainy out- Thank goodness, I don't have to do the shoveling- but I will have to clean off the snow from my car.

:morecoffee, Morning, Besties!

Colleen - MLK day is Martin Luther King Day. Thanks again for the brainstorm lastnight:hug... :cheerI am so excited about this gift now:D I need to investigate now where the mom is registered, and do a little FBI work!:wink Enjoy the grocerying this morning... what are you buying us for a snack for tonight?:devil

Vicki - so sorry that you aren't sleeping... and sorry about Pam's insensitivity yesterday. Maybe she was just so excited about her trip, she didn't think about it? :hug:hugThere's an extra hug for you, cause you need it!:yes Good luck with the doc and the pharmacy today! I will be praying that all will work out. And my vote would be to send that e-mail to your study guy! DH's Jet fan customers have already all called him this morning:devil... it's a great relationship builder. Oh, yeah... one more :hugfor you, and a wish that today is nothing short of wonderful for you

Shannon - Sorry to have missed you... hope you have a great day with our Janna!:hug

Joanne - what book are you reading? It must be really good to keep a hook out of your hand! Enjoy baking with DD today... it is a perfect day to stay in and bake! I thought of you this morning, as the freezing rain tap-tap-tapping on my windows. I think it's supposed to be nice and clear for tomorrow, though. Have a splendifah-rus (hear that accent?:lol) day!:hug:hug

:waving, Stacy! Do you make your own meatballs? Nobody in my house will eat "storebought" ones:blush... and I do make my own sauce. WTG on getting those strips joined... and good idea to double :check on the reality of the orders before buying the yarn!:tup I hope you got some good sleep last night, and that your sinuses feel better today!:hug

:waving:hi to Beth, Mary, C4J, Chaya, Tena and Frogger! :hug to you all!

:hi everyone.

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I've been :grumpy and didn't think you needed to have me growling around here.

Have a great day everyone! Enjoy your long weekend, Joanne!!!

Stacy, how's life on wheels? With Blinkers and everything!!!

C4J, I absolutely love your free spirit doll. The name Amity is awesome.

Everyone else, Sorry I am not naming all your names. My brain hasn't started yet. Here's a big :hug Hope you know I love you!

LeaAnne - Snack for tonight :think We could do veggies and dip? We are trying a grocery shopping experiment in our house this week. I got a cash budget for the week not to be exceeded. So far so good, but I'm afraid there are not a lot of extra snacks (yet :devil...I have leftover budget that might :2magic turn into snacks/treats by Friday :devil). Of course, I always have the ingredients to bake :D

Beth - I hope you de-grumpify today and things are looking up tomorrow. Here's a :hugand a goofy :D to make you :).

Vicki - :hug for you too! I hope all goes well today with your appointments.

Joanne - Enjoy your last day of vacation with your DD. Whatcha baking?

Shannon - We're missing you too girl! I hope all is well with you and Janna. :hug

:hi to all our other friends. We're missing a few who haven't been stopping by to say hi. We're thinking about you!!!

Alright, I've goofed off long enough. Time to clean the kitchen sink, the bathrooms and put away 2 baskets full of laundry.

Archived