ditty bags

Hui Lian

Those are cute! Just made one and will make more. I made a blue one and added little daisy buttons for decoration. I plan to make a black one with ladybugs for my mom. She is in a nursing home and with a walker it is hard to handle a purse--she will be able to carry her small wallet and other little odds and ends so much easier since it will fit right on her wrist. Perfect little bags!

I love the bright colours of some acrylic yarn that was on sale in a store and made ditty bags out of the yarn as it took one ball for each bag. What do you think?

IMG_4419.jpg

These are really lovely! How long does it take to make one?

I like the way the variegated colors worked up.

ok so now I know what I'm making all the ladies for Christmas this year, those are adorable

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing all your ditty bags inspired me to make one of my own. I love it and it is perfect for carrying my phone and keys when I don't have a pocket for when I take the dog out for a walk, or when I want something small to carry when I'm shopping or at the gym.

I'm now going to make one for my daughter. When she saw mine she said that is was so cute and she wanted one, too. She picked out the yarn she wanted (sugar n cream self striping yarn).

I did modify Dot's pattern by adding a few extra rows so my iphone would fit in it. It is so easy to make.

Thanks for posting your pic of the little bags....and thank you Dot for coming up with this wonderful pattern.

Archived