Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you so much guys! I've been doing them in 7 inch squares in black and white, since he was a black and white cat. Just PM me for my address. He was a wonderful old cat, 19 years old when he died, the same night that I had decided to finally put him down later in the week. He passed away in his sleep.

My condolences, too... I'll see if I can find some black and white :manyheart...

:hug

Marika

Hi,

My flakes are drying on the blocking board. Guess what?

One of my snowflakes has 7 points! :lol

OOPS!

It will be back to the hook and thread for Linda's beautiful Jan airy flake.

I went ahead with blocking the mutant one. You should have seen me trying to pin it. :confused:rofl

warmest,

Cosmo

:rofl

It is always the blocking that reveals the mutations, isn't it?

:think "Why won't that &^$*#^*@ point line up?!?!?! Aha! That is because it is the 7th (13th, 9th, etc.) point!..." :eek:blush

Did you finally give up or did you persist to the bitter end like the determined fairy you are?

Warmest,

:mdustWanda:mdust

Thanks, Marikamum.

I wonder of that pattern will work without that ringlike border. I like the center motif, but not sure that it looks like a snowflake to me with that border around it. Maybe I'll give it a try today.

I was wondering the same thing. Guess I'll find out when I get that far. :hook

I just worked this flake through round 4 and it makes a pretty 6 pointed star like snowflake. I'm going to stop here, because it looks good at this point and since I'm using size 3 thread its a good size too. 3 1/2 inches across.

That is good to know :) I was not sure about the ring, either, but variety is the spice of life :lol. It is good to know that it works without the ring, too - it might also be interesting to work the ring in a different colour - like a frame, maybe I'll try a white flake in a silver frame.... :think (when I actually manage to make one in the first place :P...)

Lovely work, Cosmo! I see you did go the distance in blocking the 7-pointed Airy January flake :yes it still looks nice, if a bit crowded...;)

Now, time for breakfast!

Cheers,

I did three different versions of this week's snowflake today. I'll try to get pictures taken tomorrow. They are all very different and all pretty, IMO. :lol :lol :lol One has only 4 rows with picots added to the points, one is like the pattern but with added picots at the points, and one is like the pattern but in two colors. And I finally came up with a February Clumpy Snowflake. :lol :lol :lol

I am way out of balance, haven't been able to crochet since the second week in January, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Take it easy :) Good to hear you are back to being able to crochet, though :yes

I did three different versions of this week's snowflake today. I'll try to get pictures taken tomorrow. They are all very different and all pretty, IMO. :lol :lol :lol One has only 4 rows with picots added to the points, one is like the pattern but with added picots at the points, and one is like the pattern but in two colors. And I finally came up with a February Clumpy Snowflake. :lol :lol :lol

:rofl:woo I love the name, Linda :rofl

I am way out of balance, haven't been able to crochet since the second week in January, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Not a problem, Angelfire. Just glad to have you back with us.

Here are the 3 different versions I did of this week's snowflake:

DCP_1562.jpg

Then there is the snowflake for February that grew into an 8" doily and my February Clumping Snowflake.

DCP_1561.jpgDCP_1567.jpg

Busy, very nice.... :)

I finally got some of my new thread today :clap and am looking forward to see how this is all gonna turn out. If I am able to run across some red metallic thread then I am going to finish the garland, in that. but for now its at a stand still.

Everyone is doing an awesome job. I know I have said this before, this has truly been a lot of fun. and you all are awesome. :hook

Okay, looking at all of these beautiful snowflakes has inspired me! I just printed off a few patterns on the list.

I'm joining you all!!

Since I'm WAY behind, I'll make at least one of the three I just printed. I'll be sure to be back here and check what's up for the next week. :yes

Hi Anna, One of the things I like about snowflakes is that they are pretty quick to do, so its easy to feel asense of accomplishment with them. And I can just imagine my tree next Christmas with all these pretty flakes on it. (that is, if I ever get around to blocking them!)

Okay, looking at all of these beautiful snowflakes has inspired me! I just printed off a few patterns on the list.

I'm joining you all!!

Since I'm WAY behind, I'll make at least one of the three I just printed. I'll be sure to be back here and check what's up for the next week. :yes

:welcome:)

No need to feel any pressure, just jump on in and do what you can! I haven't done a flake since the Airy January Flake (and missed a couple on the way...)

:yes

Archived