Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

Hi all,

I just had to tell you all about the gorgeous birthday gift that arrived today!

Please check out

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=95770

I feel like the luckiest fairy ever!

Thank you :hugWanda :hug!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire (can't get much warmer!) regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been remiss in posting my finished 'flakes. I did do the garland one, I have three so far, hoping to make a "real" garland, so I won't post that one yet.

Here are the last three others I have made.

3flakes209.jpg

Melissa, I love your flakes :manyheart

My pleasure, Cosmo :hug ... it was very hard not to chat to you about them while making them, though :lol I absolutely love that crossed stitch effect, haven't been able to figure out a way to work it into a snowflake yet, though :lol (though I have already tried :rofl)

Great work everyone!

Cheers,

I've been remiss in posting my finished 'flakes. I did do the garland one, I have three so far, hoping to make a "real" garland, so I won't post that one yet.

Here are the last three others I have made.

3flakes209.jpg

Your flakes are beautiful.

Finished up the second of last week's snowflake today and did the one for this week. :yay So, far I've managed to do all of the snowflakes in the week in which they were posted at least once. And extras of most of them. :yay

Finished #7 yesterday. :)

Finished up the second of last week's snowflake today and did the one for this week. :yay So, far I've managed to do all of the snowflakes in the week in which they were posted at least once. And extras of most of them. :yay

I have gotten behind on the last two...hope to get caught back up by the weekend and will post then.

:cheer Great job everyone :cheer

Tammy *cue Rocky theme*, you can do it, you could be a contendah!

:D Sorry, it has been a long week (I just looked and noticed I had typed "Sorry, it is lunch" I have no idea where that came from or where it was going :rofl)...

I hope to get in a flake this weekend, but have also picked up a baby blanket to try to finish for my bestie in the States to deliver when we visit at Easter... (this is the third intended recipient for this blanket, I fully intend for it to be the true destination!)

Cheers,

I haven't thought of blocking yet either. I don't have anything remotely resembling a blocking board. However, I notice my dh has a few sheets of styrofoam sitting in the garage. I think one of those would make a good blocking board....wonder if he has plans for them or if he is just storing them. (he is a terrible packrat, which is why he never says anything about my yarn!)

Well it looks like I wont be making all my flakes out of Red. Couldn't find that red thread anywhere. So I order some other thread can't wait for it to get here. I am way excited.:yay

Amethyst Mist, do you need any squares for your comfortghan, that your making for yourself? :hook and if so what color?

Oh Oh, What does everyone use to block there flakes with? :think just wondering is all.

Hey guys, just throwing this out there. I was looking for 7 inch squares for the comfortghan I'm making for myself for the passing of my cat, and came across the Forget Me Not Motif, which she says can also be used as a snowflake. I looked in last year's flakes and I don't think it was used.

So what do you think?

Looks nice to me, anyone else have input on this one? WOuld we like it as the week 8 flake?

DavaJ,

I have used a glue and water mixture and a cooked starch mixture (I think I did not get the starch quite right) and spray starch at various times to block my flakes, I have also ranged from just arranging them on a towel and pulling out areas to block by hand and pinning out with T-pins to a blocking board made of a fabric bolt core wrapped in silicon baking paper, with a concentric, six-wedged diagram to block according to, all covered in plastic wrap...

Cheers,

I'm sorry to hear about your cat Amethyst Mist. I'd like to send a square to you too. Please let us know what colors.

I agree Marika. Nice choice.

And, DavaJ I use watered down Elmer's glue on a cardboard square covered with wax paper. It has several templates I printed from http://crochet.tangleweeds.com/

Some of the links there no longer work but there's a ton of useful info remaining.

warmest, Cosmo

AmethystMist, I'm so sorry about your kitty's death. They are such wonderfully comforting members of our families. :hug Yes, what colors, yarn, and pattern are you using for your comfortghan? I'd like to help, too.

Love the suggested snowflake. I've already saved it to my snowflake pattern file.

Thank you so much guys! I've been doing them in 7 inch squares in black and white, since he was a black and white cat. Just PM me for my address. He was a wonderful old cat, 19 years old when he died, the same night that I had decided to finally put him down later in the week. He passed away in his sleep.

Hi,

My flakes are drying on the blocking board. Guess what?

One of my snowflakes has 7 points! :lol

OOPS!

It will be back to the hook and thread for Linda's beautiful Jan airy flake.

I went ahead with blocking the mutant one. You should have seen me trying to pin it. :confused:rofl

warmest,

Cosmo

Archived