Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need to actually find time to do the last two weeks' flakes. *sighs*

I'm with you there :sigh... Currently, if I get time to crochet, I am picking up one of 2 relatively mindless, keep following the pattern do another round... projects, I can't summon the mental energy to think enough to figure out even a short snowflake pattern :yawn:sleep...

But, not to worry, I can still summon the energy to post one for Monday :D (though, as always, suggestions gratefully accepted)...

Cheers!

I haven't found time to do last weeks either. I'm hesitant because it looks like it will need to be perfectly blocked in order to look good. I have done very little of that so I'm not too confident in my ability to do that.

I haven't found time to do last weeks either. I'm hesitant because it looks like it will need to be perfectly blocked in order to look good. I have done very little of that so I'm not too confident in my ability to do that.

:cheer:cheer:cheerYou can do it! :cheer:cheer:cheer

It's not too hard. Honest. :D

I with the laggards, too. Just haven't found/made the time to tackle this week's flake and it's almost time for the next one. I'm sewing saltines together and working on my February scarf currently. (I've started two for February and haven't finished either one yet. And now it's a week into March. Yikes! :eek)

Cosmo is right, blocking may seem daunting, but it is not that difficult to get a good result (absolute perfection is a bit trickier, but isn't that the way with everything in this world?;)...) If you would like to try blocking, last week's flake is actually an excellent candidate as it will respond really well to blocking - and show you what blocking can do for you :D... Rather than shying away from it, I'd use it as an opportunity - actually make a few flakes according to the pattern and experiment with the blocking - pin them out with different highlights and see what different effects you can achieve (when you have a little bit of spare time, of course...)

Cheers!

:mdust:mdustWanda the fairy :cheer cheerleader :cheer:mdust:mdust

Finally finished week 9 looking forward to the next one.... Heck my turned out really big.. but I was afraid that if i went down to another size hook, I wouldn't be able to see it...lol

I've never blocked before either...Guess you gotta just jump right in and do it... hehehe

Hey ladies, sorry ive been MIA this past month. I haven't been getting online much since my husband deployed last month. I'm just getting into a bit of a routine without him, trying to keep busy. I'm going to try and catch up this week. We'll see how far i get with a three year old at my heels. Well i just wanted to pop in and say hi, and that i'm still here and willing to get my flakes done:D

Here is my flake proposal for this week, I will do it without the metal ring (it looks like she just tacked/sewed the complete flake into the ring for finishing).

It looks like a nice compromise between the more solid flakes we began with and the really-needs-blocking-to-take-shape one from last week, maybe a less threatening one for people to learn blocking with before they tackle the fearsome week 9 flake :devil....

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/6340/sflaker2.html

If I get some agreement, I'll put it on the first post as the official flake of the week when I get home from Crochet class in a few hours :D...

Cheers!

I like this one. I have been slack too and not done the last 4 now. But I still think this one will make a great snowflake without the ring. I haven't blocked in the manner that these will need but I'm going to give it ago one day.lol

I really like that flake Marika. I'm not crazy about the ring, but the flake is really pretty.

As for the blocking, I know its time I tried it. I have about 15 floppy snowflakes in a box in my sewing room. Dh got me some styrofoam to use a as blocking board, all I need now is the time to try it.

I really like that flake Marika. I'm not crazy about the ring, but the flake is really pretty.

:D THat pretty much sums up my feelings on it, too :lol

Cheers!

Archived