Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

Nice flakes Allicats!

OH WANDA..... I do believe it's backkkkkkkkk!

Maybe I'm mistaken but one of the Martha flakes in the second link looks a whole lot like the dreaded "snowflake of death" :devil

Two of the flakes in the last link look familiar. On last years list?

The first one is beautiful. I'm having some trouble seeing it for long though.

My ISP keeps telling me the page cannot be found after a few seconds of displaying the page. They should ask me where it is. It's right there before they replace it with their "page cannot be found" message! I'll need to check into that. We've been having little problems off and on for about two weeks.

Dear Wanda,

Have a great trip.:plane Take care and travel safely. We'll be looking for you here when you get a chance:laptop,

Warmest:fire regards, :mdust:mdust:mdustCosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Dear sub-tropic friend,

I'm sitting here looking out the window and a thought just came to me.....

Are you aware that it's SNOWING here? Really, there's a white-out taking place right outside my door. Yep, I'm 334 miles SOUTH of where you are headed and we have snow - lots of it. I hope you have some warm coats or that it warms up a lot by Friday for you!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire

Nice flakes Allicats!

Maybe I'm mistaken but one of the Martha flakes in the second link looks a whole lot like the dreaded "snowflake of death" :devil

:rofl I know, I cross referenced the page earlier this year :rofl I was just hoping no one else would bring it up!!! :devil

Yes we did some last year (definitely #1 and fans) - one of them might not have been used, and I think she may have some on another page that are unused, too.

My ISP keeps telling me the page cannot be found after a few seconds of displaying the page. They should ask me where it is. It's right there before they replace it with their "page cannot be found" message! I'll need to check into that. We've been having little problems off and on for about two weeks.

Hopefully that will iron out as we might try that for next week... but if someone could post it again as a suggestion next Monday that would be great (unless I beat you to it :lol)...

Dear Wanda,

Have a great trip.:plane Take care and travel safely. We'll be looking for you here when you get a chance:laptop,

Here are a few on my list. I don't think they've been featured here yet:

As to travel, if you have any travel-beyond-Boston capabilities, WEBS is on the western side of Massachusetts, but that would definitely be an entire day trip. If you do manage to go, don't miss that there is an entire warehouse (open to customers) hiding in the back of the store.

Thanks for the flakes (see notes above) and the tip on WEBS, I may have to try to divert there on my way from Boston to CT... hmmmmm....

:devil

Another beautiful snowflake!! Thanks Marika.

enjoy your vacation!

THanks to all for the lovely holiday wishes!

Cheers!

My Dear sub-tropic friend,

I'm sitting here looking out the window and a thought just came to me.....

Are you aware that it's SNOWING here? Really, there's a white-out taking place right outside my door. Yep, I'm 334 miles SOUTH of where you are headed and we have snow - lots of it. I hope you have some warm coats or that it warms up a lot by Friday for you!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire

:snow:wbrr:wlol

:sigh

Looks like it is doing the white stuff in Rochester at the moment, too...

So much for any dreams of packing light to leave room for copious acquisitions of outlet clothes and yarny delights! :sigh

Maybe a heatwave will hit ?!? :hot I can always dream :sleep

Better stoke up those regards, Cosmo, I can use all the heat you can generate :rofl !

Cheers,

:mdust Wanda :mdust

:hi:jumpyayHello!!!:jumpyay:hi

Finally! I am connected at home again. Our server is dead!!! In fact, I think my computer is the only one that is working at the moment out of 4. I brought is upstairs tonight and hooked it up to the router and other stuff and lo and behold it works.

Now that I can get on again, I have 4 snowflake patterns to get posted. We can use some of them during the next three weeks if you like. John's out of town for the next week and a half so I'll have lots of time in the evening to get things posted after Kim goes to sleep and before I go to bed. I'll get pictures taken tomorrow, too.

It's sooooo good to be able to talk to all of you again! :hug I've missed you all badly.

Have a wonderful vacation, Wanda!

We had snow here in Georgia this morning. It didn't last long, thank goodness, but we had it. And it's supposed to be in the 20's tonight. Wonderful, wacky, spring weather. :lol :lol :lol

:hi:jumpyayHello!!!:jumpyay:hi

Finally! I am connected at home again. Our server is dead!!! In fact, I think my computer is the only one that is working at the moment out of 4. I brought is upstairs tonight and hooked it up to the router and other stuff and lo and behold it works.

Now that I can get on again, I have 4 snowflake patterns to get posted. We can use some of them during the next three weeks if you like. John's out of town for the next week and a half so I'll have lots of time in the evening to get things posted after Kim goes to sleep and before I go to bed. I'll get pictures taken tomorrow, too.

It's sooooo good to be able to talk to all of you again! :hug I've missed you all badly.

Have a wonderful vacation, Wanda!

We had snow here in Georgia this morning. It didn't last long, thank goodness, but we had it. And it's supposed to be in the 20's tonight. Wonderful, wacky, spring weather. :lol :lol :lol

:hi:yay :computer :flake:crocheting

:welcome back! :hug Good to have you on board!!! Feel free to nominate one of your flakes if you get it posted by Monday :) We :manyheart your flakes!

Thanks for the good wishes! We'll just crank up the heater in the rental car and snuggle down... after all, as a kid in CT I barely used my coat going from warm house to warm car to warm school... (for sledding and skating, however ... :think!)

I look forward to checking in when I can!

:hug

Here are the pictures of my snowflakes for March, April, and May:

DCP_1583.jpgDCP_1584.jpg

DCP_1585.jpg I'll start putting the directions in tonight. They are done with size 10 thread and a size 7 steel hook and are all about 3" across, give or take about half an inch. Enjoy!

Lovely! As usual Linda. :)

I was really glad to see you back. We've missed you. I'm sure we can use them for a Monday flake. You'll need to let us know when they are ready.

The Traveling hook has arrived so I'm anxious to get some squares done this week. I will be getting back into snowflakes as soon as I send it off to the next lucky crochetier on the list. Just incase anyone was wondering - I'm amazed at how light it feels to hold. I've never used (or held) a wooden hook so I don't have any experience to compare it with but I was expecting a little more weight - I guess from seeing the pictures and noting the size - well I was wrong about that. And, the yarn seems to flow off it nicely. Very smooth!

Oh....... hubby, I'm got a great suggestion for an anniversary gift! :lol

Oh....... hubby, I'm got a great suggestion for an anniversary gift! :lol

Love it. It is so good to be able to talk to all of my friends here again. I've missed you all more than you can imagine.

Now that I can get on again, I have 4 snowflake patterns to get posted. We can use some of them during the next three weeks if you like.

Oh, that's wonderful. I've enjoyed doing your other snowflakes. I've been adding them to Ravelry as I've finished them. So you're listed as a designer (as Busy-Bee-LMT) over there, too.

Can't wait to see your new designs on the weekly list.

Allison

Uh oh. Please fill me in. After my tussles with week #9 and #13, I don't want to see anything that you might call the 'snowflake of death'. Which MS flake? And what was the original one so I don't tangle with it either?

Yes, 1 & 2 as well as her two beaded flakes have been done. I think #3 is still unlisted.

(editing to say that it's 2 & 3 that were done last year. And #1 that could be considered for this year.)

Isn't it pretty? I seem to recall that Geocities can be a problem at times, though I haven't had the problems you mention.

Oh, that's wonderful. I've enjoyed doing your other snowflakes. I've been adding them to Ravelry as I've finished them. So you're listed as a designer (as Busy-Bee-LMT) over there, too.

Can't wait to see your new designs on the weekly list.

Allison

Thanks, Allison. I'm glad you like them. Busy-Bee-LMT is fine for my listing at Ravelry. Thanks for putting them there for me. :hook

Uh oh. Please fill me in. After my tussles with week #9 and #13, I don't want to see anything that you might call the 'snowflake of death'. Which MS flake? And what was the original one so I don't tangle with it either?

Yes, 1 & 2 as well as her two beaded flakes have been done. I think #3 is still unlisted.

Isn't it pretty? I seem to recall that Geocities can be a problem at times, though I haven't had the problems you mention.

Hi Allicats,

No real danger here re:snowflake of death. This particular pattern has a reputation for striking fear in even the most experienced flakers. The best way to explain may be to direct you to last years list of patterns and some comments made by our wonderful Wanda - back in pre-Wanda/Cosmo days :lol

You can see the beginning here in post # 181 where Wanda starts me thinking with her "unusual fondness for picots" comment -and in the next few postings. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68686&page=19

It's even funnier that the same pattern crops up throughout the year several times. This is (I believe) the third time I've posted a "it's BAAAAKKKK!!!!" message for Wanda. :devil It seems to be posted on a different site this year but it's still Marika's snowflake of death. You may notice that toward the end of the 2008 list she does suggest it for anyone looking for a challenge :D.

It's # 3 on both pages.

Happy crocheting,

Just a note to let you know that my 4 newest snowflake patterns have been posted in the free original patterns section under "Snowflake Quartet."

Just a note to let you know that my 4 newest snowflake patterns have been posted in the free original patterns section under "Snowflake Quartet."

3 Cheers for Linda,

Hip, Hip *HOORAY*:yay

Hip, Hip *HOORAY*:cheer

Hip, Hip *HOORAY*:clap:cheer:yay

:manyheart

:hug

The jetlagged (but creative-mojo-in-rejuvation-ed):mdust:mdustWanda:mdust:mdust

PS - I actually did some crocheting on the plane! :crocheting:D I started on a spring scarf in turquoise bamboo for my sister-in-law (if she likes it)... :yay

Hi everyone!

I hope you had a great Easter weekend! With our fearless leader gallivanting across the planet I'll attempt to fill her shoes........

uhmmmm, :think darn it Wanda must have very small feet! Or maybe mine are just really big. :eek anyway......

I'd like to nominate one of Linda's beauties for this week. How about the first one here? February "Clumping" Snowflake

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=98445

I don't think we've done it yet, have we?

We could do this one another week if anyone has another in mind please let us hear from you.

happy crocheting,

Hi, are you still going to post the pattern for the Monday snowflakes? I noticed that it was stopped the end of March. I really enjoyed getting these patterns. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks so much for your time. Betty

Hi All,

I've put links to patterns from week 14 and 15, etc. in my post on page #1 - post #4.

I'll update it there till Wanda gets a chance to add them to her list.

Happy flaking!

Hi Betty, sent you a PM.

Hi All,

I've put links to patterns from week 14 and 15, etc. in my post on page #1 - post #4.

I'll update it there till Wanda gets a chance to add them to her list.

Happy flaking!

Hi Betty, sent you a PM.

Thanks, everybody, I'll try to do this week's now, next week my internet access will be much more spotty... having a good ole family catch up time now, though, and we are all mainly over our jet lag.

Big :hugs to all!!

:mdustWanda:mdust

Hi everyone,

I hope Marika is enjoying her vacation..... The weeks are probably going way too fast. At least that's the way vacations usually go, don't they?

I'd like to nominate another pattern (if it's OK with everyone). If you have a pattern you'd like everyone to consider please jump in. There are lots of weeks!

I'd like to try Allicats suggested- Crochet Lace Snowflake at http://www.geocities.com/cherilynm/CrochetLaceSnowflake.html?200924

I can't say I've tried this one yet so we'd be testing together. What do you think?

Archived