Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just what I need for my tree. Need alot more too I think.

356481720.jpg

I'ven been wanting to make one of those trees so bad....Do you remember where you got that pattern??????. I just can't remember... I love the flakes on it....... looks cool.. :clap

Debra:hook

I'ven been wanting to make one of those trees so bad....Do you remember where you got that pattern??????. I just can't remember... I love the flakes on it....... looks cool.. Debra:hook

Thanks fro the nice replys. I made the pattern for the tree, this one is 24" I chained a circle for the size I wanted the base and then did a dc round and the other rounds in sc in the back loops decreasing every other row and then an even until I reached the top. Then I did varies shell stitches for the branches working in the front loops of the rows. a little different than the smaller one. I haven't written this one out yet. I started with ch 81 and join do 80 sc, then the first dec row started with sc 10, sc dec and so on aroud each dec row being one less before the dec. Now I hope I have the numbers right I will have to check it out later. Here's an example of a smaller one I did but in dc about 12" I think, but it can be different sizes by doing the math to see how to start decreasing each decreasing row etc.

Working in BACK LOOPS ONLY for all rows, ch 3 counts as 1 dc.

Base

1.- ch 50, sl st to form ring, ch 3, dc in each ch. join (50 dc)

2. -ch 3, dc in 7 dc, dec 2 dc tog {dc in 8 dc, dec 2 dc tog} repeat between {} around join

3. -ch 3, dc even around join.

4. -ch 3, dc in 6 dc, dec 2 dc tog {dc in 7 dc, dec 2 dc tog} repeat between {} around join.

5. ch 3, dc even around join.

continue in pattern using decreaseing method untill the top.

I made branches by doing a rnd of sc in the unwoked stitches in

the rows and then shell stitches in the scs to fit for the branches.

Lovely flakes, Sarisue (and everyone :)).

For this week, I propose flake #3 from this site (thanks Cosmo) http://www.freecraftunlimited.com/how-to-make-a-crochet-snowflake.html

Feel free to do others, though I may well be using them for future weeks' flakes.

(Linda, is the Feb clumpy flake up and running yet? I suppose I could check the pattern thread on my own..... but I'm too lazy :lol!)

Cheers!

Lovely flakes, Sarisue (and everyone :)).

For this week, I propose flake #3 from this site (thanks Cosmo) http://www.freecraftunlimited.com/how-to-make-a-crochet-snowflake.html

Feel free to do others, though I may well be using them for future weeks' flakes.

(Linda, is the Feb clumpy flake up and running yet? I suppose I could check the pattern thread on my own..... but I'm too lazy :lol!)

Cheers!

Nope, not yet.

Cool - it is now up on the first post :) (sorry I was editing it all day :lol I started this morning and then left for work, leaving the editing screen open all day :eek) Silly me!

Cheers,

Thanks for the kind words I appreciate them. I just finished the forget me not one and it came out nice. But now I seem to be having a problem with todays. I wonder has anyone done it yet as it's not working for me. I like it and it starts out ok but mine doesn't lay flat as it seems to bunch up after the 2nd row. Maybe I'm having a senior moment or something though. LOL I am going to try it using tr in the first row instead or maybe I need to make my chains different in the cluster row or something.

Thanks for the kind words I appreciate them. I just finished the forget me not one and it came out nice. But now I seem to be having a problem with todays. I wonder has anyone done it yet as it's not working for me. I like it and it starts out ok but mine doesn't lay flat as it seems to bunch up after the 2nd row. Maybe I'm having a senior moment or something though. LOL I am going to try it using tr in the first row instead or maybe I need to make my chains different in the cluster row or something.

I probably won't get to it until tomorrow, Sarisue. All I've done so far is to print it out.

I haven't tried it yet either. It will probably be Wednesday before I get to it.

Hi All.

I haven't tried it yet either. Maybe tonight.......

I took all yesterday sewing wool felt pins for Dr. Seuss' Birthday. The read along at school included the entire kindergarten wearing their jammies and their favorite teddy bear's were invited too. The rest of the building (Grades 1 -6) participated in "Read Across America" and were dressed in red, white, and blue.

happy crocheting,

Hi,

I just finished this week's pattern and like sarisue I have some cupping. I think a tug or two on the begining thread and some aggresive blocking may make it go away. Time and the blocking board will tell.

Here's a pic pre-starch and blocking:

th_DSCN0033-1.jpg click me!

warmest regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust

Hi,

I haven't had a chance to make it, but all of the flakes on that site looked like they would need intensive blocking and extra-super-hold starch to reach their peak of perfection :P

Cheers,

>>>>>>

Hi, I just finished this week's pattern and like sarisue I have some cupping. I think a tug or two on the begining thread and some aggresive blocking may make it go away. Time and the blocking board will tell. End quote<<<<<<

Thanks for replying and the picture as that's just the problem I've had too and mine looks almost like yours. Yours looks pretty nice though. At first I thought it was the thin thread I was using but then I tried size 10 and the same thing happened. Thanks again as I was thinking maybe it was me but now I am trying different things and changing the ch #s in the cluster row.

Hi,

I just finished this week's pattern and like sarisue I have some cupping. I think a tug or two on the begining thread and some aggresive blocking may make it go away. Time and the blocking board will tell.

Here's a pic pre-starch and blocking:

th_DSCN0033-1.jpg click me!

warmest regards,

It will be beautiful when blocked. It looks pretty flat to me already. Nice work.

Here is my version of last weks flake, without the border. It is not blocked at all, and as you can see I am a lousy photographer.

th_DSCF0001-8.jpg

Very nice Cindy. I haven't done this one yet. I really like it without the ring.

warmest regards,

Archived