Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is my attempt at this weeks flake. It looks uneven, but it really isn't, I just didn't block it at all yet, (and to be perfectly truthful, I am a lousy photographer, even with my shiny new camera!)

th_DSCF0012-3.jpg

Lovely :) I struggle with the photography, too, I don't seem to have the patience to get it right :lol, but I think I'll blame my camera :P....

Hi everyone,

A few posts and private messages to me have referenced the "rules" of the CAL. I realised that I had originally used that word in the first post, probably because I had just been involved in a thread that was commenting about the "rules" of a lot of CALs (like the Stashbusting and WIP completing game-based CALs) being complicated. That thought in my head led me to phrase my thought that we are not in that mode at all as "The rules are simple" which still branded them as rules and I think that has made some people uncomfortable or feeling pressure.

I have amended the first post to read "The idea is simple" because I wanted to be clear that we are not about "rules" or quotas or catching up in order to participate. Anyone is welcome at any time and if (like me this week... and most likely next week) you do not do the CAL flake (or any flake) in a given week, cool, don't feel like that means you can't come and hang out... we love to hear from you.

Please do not feel that I have to pick the flake, either, if people want to suggest flakes to the thread and other people agree, I am totally fine with that. (You may want to check out this post (#10) to check if we did the flake in 2008 first.)

The only way in which I am responsible for a final decision is because we are trying to keep the running list of flakes at the front of the CAL - last year we updated it weekly into the thread, but I found that on a chatty week it could be difficult to scroll through and find the previous week's list to quote it and update it with the current flake. Also, as the list gets larger it takes up such a large part of a page of posts that it kind of stomps on the flow of responses for that page. So, the first post updated list is not an attempt on my part to hold control of flake decisions, but as a convenience, I hope it works that way for us all :ghug.

Happy flaking, all.... one more sleep (for me at least) until Monday and a new :flake:crocheting:hook....

Cheers!

Hi Everyone!

It's Monday! OK oficially it's 1:48 AM Monday, but I'm still wide awake - I blame the luckiest team in the NFL for that! (Love my Steelers!) :D

If you haven't already picked one Marika, I've been admiring some of Linda's (busy-bee-lmt) recent additions to the ville's free pattern threads.

It's hard to pick a favorite, they're all nice but I'd like to try the bottom one here. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1580906&postcount=1

I've listed just the first post here for printing purposes.

What do you think?

If you already have one in mind that's OK with me. I'll nominate this one for next week!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire (can't get much warmer!) regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust

Congratulations, Steeler fan extraordinaire.

Thanks, I was a bit swamped today :eek! I was thinking of one of Linda's flakes, I am so glad you expressed a preference, because I was not keen on choosing between them :lol.

I will pop that on the front of house list now :2magic:D...

Cheers,

:mdust:mdustWanda:mdust:mdust

Hi Everyone!

It's Monday! OK oficially it's 1:48 AM Monday, but I'm still wide awake - I blame the luckiest team in the NFL for that! (Love my Steelers!) :D

If you haven't already picked one Marika, I've been admiring some of Linda's (busy-bee-lmt) recent additions to the ville's free pattern threads.

It's hard to pick a favorite, they're all nice but I'd like to try the bottom one here. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1580906&postcount=1

I've listed just the first post here for printing purposes.

What do you think?

If you already have one in mind that's OK with me. I'll nominate this one for next week!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire (can't get much warmer!) regards,

Thanks for the compliments and choice. That reminds me that I still have to post the pattern for the January snowflake. I'll get that done this week. (I hope.) :lol :lol :lol

Thanks for the compliments and choice. That reminds me that I still have to post the pattern for the January snowflake. I'll get that done this week. (I hope.) :lol :lol :lol

Promises, promises :P

:hug

Marika

I am so bummed I am behind on my flakes, I was trying really hard to do one per week.

I have to get my grove on I suppose...:hook

I am so bummed I am behind on my flakes, I was trying really hard to do one per week.

No worries! There's plenty of time to catch up. (If that's what you want!)

Isn't it funny though how sometimes there just isn't time to make a little snowflake? :lol

Maybe some fairy dust will help....

:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust

Don't worry, I have also fallen behind :P, when you do get the groove on, though, I am sure you will whip them out and then be looking around for more :lol

I haven't been able to pick up a hook other than to make swatches for my crochet class and to teach my crochet class for over a week!

I am caught up:clap...can't believe it.

I've already posted wk 4 (garland). Here are pictures of Wk 1, 2, 3 and 5.

Still waiting to block later.

IMG_6308.jpgIMG_6309.jpg

IMG_6310.jpgIMG_6311.jpg

Lovely, Tammy :) Looks like your groove is well and truly on!

Lovely, Tammy :) Looks like your groove is well and truly on!

Thanks!

I have this longgggg to-do list and there are some things on it that I'm not looking forward to...so thought that getting caught up on the snowflakes was a good way to start. I've marked a few other things off today and now getting ready to get dinner going.

I am caught up:clap...can't believe it.

I've already posted wk 4 (garland). Here are pictures of Wk 1, 2, 3 and 5.

Still waiting to block later.

Way to go Tammy! Beautiful flakes!

Dear Wanda,

The weather reports for your neck of the woods :storm:2rain:stormare pretty bad. I hope you're staying safe:ghug, warm:fire, and dry:rain.

No worries! There's plenty of time to catch up. (If that's what you want!)

Isn't it funny though how sometimes there just isn't time to make a little snowflake? :lol

Maybe some fairy dust will help....

:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust

Thank you I believe its helping..... :yay

marikamum-----I actually never thought to ever make a flake till I seen this thread. But I actually have visioned my tree this year with them. And possible putting some on my homemade wreaths this year as well. :hook

Thanks, for the warm, dry wishes, but I could actually use a bit of cooling :hot...

The storms and floods are north of me (about the distance from PA to Orlando, FL), my local area is hot and humid... I'd love a bit of a cool change (though I'm happy for a dry day as we have First Grade sport today and having them inside when they are expecting sport would be a bummer!)

:hug :hug :manyheart

:fire Warm wishes :manyheart,

:mdust Wanda:mdust

Dear Wanda,

The weather reports for your neck of the woods :storm:2rain:stormare pretty bad. I hope you're staying safe:ghug, warm:fire, and dry:rain.

I just finished this weeks snowflakes. The pattern is very well written. I used size 3 thread, and a C hook, and my flake is about 5 inches from point to point.

I will get a picture later. I have to charge the batteries in my camera.

Here is my flake for this week. It is not stiffened.

th_DSCF0007-5.jpg

Very nice Cindy! I have to confess I'm having trouble getting mine done. It's just not my day for thread. I'll try it again tomorrow. I've been working with yarn all week while finishing Emma's penguin scarf - I'll put plug in here - you can see it on show and tell in "Accessories - Emma's Penguin Pal Scarf".:U I just can't get my thread tension right tonight.

I'm sure it will be better in the morning.

Happy crocheting,

Archived