Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my flake finished. I plan on making all mine with the Metallic Knit-Cro-Sheen

Red. Until I run out.

snowflake2.jpg

Plus I will block them when I have a few months done.:yes

Thanks for posting the pattern already. I hope to be able to make it tomorrow. I'm working on snowflakes today too, but in afghan form.

Which afghan? I love the various snowflake afghans, I will probably do one someday :)

Got my flake finished. I plan on making all mine with the Metallic Knit-Cro-Sheen

Red. Until I run out.

snowflake2.jpg

Plus I will block them when I have a few months done.:yes

Very nice :)

Which afghan? I love the various snowflake afghans, I will probably do one someday :)

This one:

http://www.artoftangle.com/snowflake.htm

I have to make three more motifs and then sew one row of motifs together and to the afghan and I'll be ready to do the border. My afghan has fewer motifs than the pattern, but it will be about 45 by 65 inches without the border, which is big enough for what I want to use it for.

I'm a Snowflake addict, so I am very happy to have found this CAL. I enclosed Snowflakes in all my Christmas cards for the last two years. I love crocheting the flakes but I have to admit that the pinning and stiffening process is put off as long as possible! Thanks for all the marvelous links. I'm always searching for new flakes!

I'm a Snowflake addict, so I am very happy to have found this CAL. I enclosed Snowflakes in all my Christmas cards for the last two years. I love crocheting the flakes but I have to admit that the pinning and stiffening process is put off as long as possible! Thanks for all the marvelous links. I'm always searching for new flakes!

I would love to join...I didn't make one snowflake this past year:eek. Will try to get caught up today.

Welcome to you both :hi

Pretty snowflake, Marika, and I think you actually have two snowflake patterns in one. I realized that if I stopped at the end of round 3 I had another lovely little snowflake that's equally pretty and totally different in appearance. Two for the price of one. :lol :lol :lol

DCP_1554.jpg

Pretty snowflake, Marika, and I think you actually have two snowflake patterns in one. I realized that if I stopped at the end of round 3 I had another lovely little snowflake that's equally pretty and totally different in appearance. Two for the price of one. :lol :lol :lol

DCP_1554.jpg

Thanks, Linda :)... lovely work! I did quite like the look to round 3, so I am actually developing another flake that repeats to round 3 but is more open in the following rounds... I felt the final flake was a bit crowded, though it was through purposefully trying to incorporate design elements from the inspiration flake... I think if I were leaving the flake at round 3, I'd centre a 3ch loop or 3ch picot on the 5 ch loop arches to define a bit of a point on them...

Regards,

This one:

http://www.artoftangle.com/snowflake.htm

I have to make three more motifs and then sew one row of motifs together and to the afghan and I'll be ready to do the border. My afghan has fewer motifs than the pattern, but it will be about 45 by 65 inches without the border, which is big enough for what I want to use it for.

What a beautiful afghan. I am going to have to add this to my list of things to make.

Linda/Marika,

I thought the same thing yesterday while I was finishing this Monday's snowflake, two in one. It's a lovely, fat snowflake! I enjoy the ones that use a lot of thread. I find that they are much easier to glue/pin/finish. Thanks for the design!

PJ

Linda/Marika,

I thought the same thing yesterday while I was finishing this Monday's snowflake, two in one. It's a lovely, fat snowflake! I enjoy the ones that use a lot of thread. I find that they are much easier to glue/pin/finish. Thanks for the design!

PJ

Thanks you :blush... Yes, I do like the virtually self-blocking flakes :lol. A lovely one in that vein is week#31 from last year's list (post #10 on the first page), the Royal Crown Snowflake...

Cheers!

Thanks you :blush... Yes, I do like the virtually self-blocking flakes :lol. A lovely one in that vein is week#31 from last year's list (post #10 on the first page), the Royal Crown Snowflake...

Cheers!

Thanks for pointing me to the RC flake. I will make it this weekend. I've also printed out all the 2008 Flake links. I thought I had scoured the internet for every possible link, but I think there are a few that I haven't tried yet. Joy, Joy, Joy! :jumpyay

I would like to join this CAL, also. I love making snowflakes. I try to use them for Christmas presents and package decorations. So, of course, I don't have any on my tree. I am behind in the CAL but have 3 snowflakes done already from other patterns. I love doing them in the metallic thread. I will try to join photobucket to post pics. Snowflake Monday goes great w/my Monday night shows and the 7 inches of snow that just blanketed NC:yay. I love "snow cream"!:manyheart

Archived