Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

I have been reading the posts to catch up and I also keep my patterns inside of sheet protectors in 3-ring binders. I am hoping to get the time this year to put them in catergories, ie... baby, afghans, wearables, etc.

I don't know though, I have about 10 3-ring binders full, with at least 2 patterns per sheet protector, sometimes more. A friend of mine bought a snowflake book and she made me a copy of the entire book:blush:devil. I don't really like most of them. There is probably about 100 patterns.

The patterns here all beautiful and everyone has done a great job. So, everybody deserves to tak a :bow. :fame

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, new and "old"!

Here is my flake for the week. Its not stiffened or blocked. I'm going to wait until I have a bunch to do that. The pattern was great, easy to follow and quick to do. I'm not much of a photographer. Picture is clickable.

I used knit-cro-sheen, which seems to be similar to size 3 thread.

th_DSCF0011-5.jpg

I am now in two CALs, Snowflake Monday and Stashbusting, and I hope between the two I can make a big dent in my threads and small yarns.:yes But, of course, at lunch today I went to the local thrift shop looking for yarn instead of eating:devil.

Here's my snowflake for this week. Thanks for the pattern, Marika!

snowflake3.jpg

I can't figure this one out! I have made the other 2!! My camera is broken and as soon as it is fixed, I will take pics and show you all what I have done!!!

Welcome to the new folks... my pleasure re: the RC flake :')... sorry I can't personalize comments, am on a rush out the door...

I can't figure this one out! I have made the other 2!! My camera is broken and as soon as it is fixed, I will take pics and show you all what I have done!!!

Please let me know where the problem is - it is great to have problems when having a pattern tested as it helps me to clarify the pattern, so thanks for hitting a snag :) (bet you never thought of it as a virtue before ;)...)

Cheers,

Welcome to the new folks... my pleasure re: the RC flake :')... sorry I can't personalize comments, am on a rush out the door...

Please let me know where the problem is - it is great to have problems when having a pattern tested as it helps me to clarify the pattern, so thanks for hitting a snag :) (bet you never thought of it as a virtue before ;)...)

Cheers,

WOW!!! Nice to have that as a virtue!!!:lol I am having a problem with the picot round. I think this picture might have cleared it up though. I will let you know!

Ok, I changed the following and it seemed to work for me.

the original line:

ch 5, skip 3 sc, sc in next stitch, *ch 3, dc in sc just made

my changes:

*ch 5, skip 3 sc, sl st in next stitch, ch 2, dc in same sc

1. I moved the * from the ch3 to the begining of the set.

2. I made the "sc in next stitch" a "sl st in next stitch

3. I made the ch3 to a ch2

4. I made the "dc in sc just made" to a "dc in same sc.

Like I said, this worked for me. I also need to add for anyone that is a lefty, this snowflake will be backwards. That was part of the problem to begin with for me!

Here's my snowflake for this week. Thanks for the pattern, Marika!

snowflake3.jpg

Hi everyone, new and "old"!

Here is my flake for the week. Its not stiffened or blocked. I'm going to wait until I have a bunch to do that. The pattern was great, easy to follow and quick to do. I'm not much of a photographer. Picture is clickable.

I used knit-cro-sheen, which seems to be similar to size 3 thread.

th_DSCF0011-5.jpg

:cheer:clap:yay

Very Nice.

Everyone's snowflakes are so nice! :manyheart

I haven't had a chance to try any snowflakes this last week, but maybe this weekend if I get a chance.

Hello everybody. I was downloading the 2008 snowflakes, but had trouble w/one I really wanted:(. It was the one at hollerbears.com which was a snowflake frame. Any ideas why that one will not download for me? It would make a great card gift for my MIL.:yes

Hello everybody. I was downloading the 2008 snowflakes, but had trouble w/one I really wanted:(. It was the one at hollerbears.com which was a snowflake frame. Any ideas why that one will not download for me? It would make a great card gift for my MIL.:yes

Hi, Just looked again and saw this was week 16's flake. The address http://hollerbears.com/snowflakeframe.html requires you to click on a link which then downloads a .pdf file which you can then save a copy of and/or print. Do you have .pdf reading capability? I know someone on the CAL does not... what happens when you try to access that flake?

Just a bit of info to try to resolve the problem...

Cheers,

Yes, it is this thread. It is week 16. I clicked the link, then the download button. Once I clicked the link, I can see the picture, then download for the pattern, but my page never displays.

WHat happens if you click on this link directly to the .pdf?

http://www.hollerbears.com/CharmedSnowflakeOrnament.pdf

:cheerYeaa me! I was finally able to download & print snowflake 16:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

:yay:clap:cheer

Congratulations!

:woo

okay I really need to do the last two flakes--yikes! I have had my red thread sitting here next to me but just cannot get the time to sit with the laptop and do them, I hate to print things out I am a weirdo about that--heehee! I just found out it is me and Sonshine pretty much all day so I will get like 6 or more unadulterated hours of craft time!!!!!

Hi All,

I finished last week's just in time for this week's. I've been finishing some baby gifts this week. They're over at show and tell if you'd like to see it.

Wanda,

Thanks for the great pattern. It has all the things I like about snowflakes,

easy to follow, 6 points, a "solid" look to it and best of all designed by my favorite fairy!

th_DSCN0006-5.jpg

click me!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust

Archived