Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yay! I finished the last round, it's such a pretty snowflake!

Hi All,

I finished last week's just in time for this week's. I've been finishing some baby gifts this week. They're over at show and tell if you'd like to see it.

Wanda,

Thanks for the great pattern. It has all the things I like about snowflakes,

easy to follow, 6 points, a "solid" look to it and best of all designed by my favorite fairy!

th_DSCN0006-5.jpg

click me!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust

:blush Awww shucks! :2blush

Thanks, guys :c9

I'm still pondering the flake for this week... in the meanwhile, Happy Australia Day to the Aussies in the group :yay Hope everyone is planning something fun!

Cheers,

Gosh, golly,gee... week 4 already!! Where DOES the time go?

Just to show I am responsive to and welcoming of suggestions :lashes, I will make the Snowflake Garland (snowflake 1 of garland) the pattern of the week :D....

http://www.redheart.com/FREEPATTERNS/tabid/118/Default.aspx?tabid=118&patternid=wr1691.pdf

OR

http://www.coatsandclark.com/NR/rdonlyres/F7186114-67BC-45CC-AC98-7DDE508C6CB7/95508/WR1692.pdf

Note: I think both of the sites that offer this pattern (Red Heart, Coats and Clark) require registration to access the free patterns. I use the Safari browser and have found it easier to access this using the Coats and Clark site. The pattern is a .pdf file.

:2magic:mdustWanda:mdust

:blush Awww shucks! :2blush

Thanks, guys :c9

I'm still pondering the flake for this week... in the meanwhile, Happy Australia Day to the Aussies in the group :yay Hope everyone is planning something fun!

Cheers,

Wanda,

For those of us shivering in the single digits in the US and wishing it was summer... What do you do on Austrailia Day?

:manyheart Cosmo

PS. Happy Australia Day!

:party :kangaroo:kangaroo:kangaroo:kangaroo:kangaroo:kangaroo:kangaroo:kangaroo:kangaroo:kangaroo :party

OK, I have no idea how that one kangaroo is doing that! Sorry, evidently we need to go back to kangaroo obedience school!

Thanks for this week's snowflake, Marika. I've been laid low be a recurring cold and haven't done much all weekend. I did, however, come up with a new snowflake for January. It's much more open, light and airy than the others I've done. But then January snow in Minnesota is very light and fluffy and that is what I was aiming at. It's not posted yet, since I just now finished the first one. But I'll have it up this week. :)

Thanks for this week's snowflake, Marika. I've been laid low be a recurring cold and haven't done much all weekend. I did, however, come up with a new snowflake for January. It's much more open, light and airy than the others I've done. But then January snow in Minnesota is very light and fluffy and that is what I was aiming at. It's not posted yet, since I just now finished the first one. But I'll have it up this week. :)

:flower Get Well Soon! :flower

Hope you get well soon!

Thank you for the get well wishes. I have been very, very lazy today. I will give you a sneak peak at my new snowflake though. I haven't written up the directions in here yet, but I have them down on paper.

DCP_1558.jpg

I've been laid low be a recurring cold and haven't done much all weekend. I did, however, come up with a new snowflake for January. It's much more open, light and airy than the others I've done. But then January snow in Minnesota is very light and fluffy and that is what I was aiming at. It's not posted yet, since I just now finished the first one. But I'll have it up this week. :)

Hope you feel better soon. Looking forward to seeing your new flake.

Thanks, Marika for posting the flake pattern. I have to work tomorrow, and we have plans for tomorrow evening, so it will be at least Tuesday before I get to it.

Thank you for the get well wishes. I have been very, very lazy today. I will give you a sneak peak at my new snowflake though. I haven't written up the directions in here yet, but I have them down on paper.

DCP_1558.jpg

Linda, you're a tease! :lol Very pretty and lacy looking. I'll be waiting. :D

DCP_1558.jpg

Ooh, that is really pretty!!

Hi all :)

Well, Cosmo, I must say this Australia Day has been more :party than :kangaroo :lol, so if I seem a bit stream-of-consciousness that is because I am a bit more under the influence than is my norm... we went to my neighbour's house for a barbeque and she is liberal with her wine-glass pourings (and I am, in Aussie parlance, a two-pot screamer, meaning that it does not take much to make me a happy camper and daddy a better bet for bath-supervision duty). But, tomorrow I return to utter sobriety and full-time work and exercise at 6:15 am :out (with the aforementioned neighbour :rofl)... Generally, barbeques and citizenship ceremonies and parades and things are the go - think July 4th celebration type things...

Needless to say, I will not be attempting any crocheting tonight :lol, but hope to get this week's flake done sometime soon...

Linda, I love the new flake :manyheart... definitely let us know when you have the pattern up! I know we have a couple more of your flakes (I think one of the trio was last year's flake?) in the queue, but I am trying to stagger them so that you have new flakes for a couple of weeks at a time, as well.

I think I had better go help with the night time routine now... Cheers to you all :),

Linda Your new flake is really nice. Can't wait to try it. I'm lucky this weeks flake I have already done. So now to catch up on last weeks and then I'm up todate.

Thank you. I have done the first 3 weeks of flakes. I am going to finish a doily I am almost done with and then do this flake.

Linda you are such a tease! (great looking flake!)

Everyone's pics of flakes are wonderful. :D

Well, Cosmo, I must say this Australia Day has been more :party than :kangaroo :lol, so if I seem a bit stream-of-consciousness that is because I am a bit more under the influence than is my norm... we went to my neighbour's house for a barbeque and she is liberal with her wine-glass pourings (and I am, in Aussie parlance, a two-pot screamer, meaning that it does not take much to make me a happy camper and daddy a better bet for bath-supervision duty).

Now we know what happened to that kangaroo! :sofunny

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :bow:bow:bow

I have this tentative goal of coming up with a new flake for each month. We'll see how that goes. I think I undid and redid every row of this flake in order to get the lengths and look right, but since it is so open it still didn't take long. I wanted it nice and airy looking, because January snow in Minnesota tends to be really light and fluffy. It's usually too cold for it to be wet and heavy in January. February is the wet, heavy stuff. So is the snow in March, April, and May for that matter. And, yes, I remember a real doozy of a blizzard of the wet, heavy stuff in May. More than one, in fact. :lol

My cold is much better today. Just really tired and weak feeling. At least my head is clear and I can think straight again. Coughing is no fun, but I'm doing a lot less of that, too.

I watched this one last year and told myself that I want to do this this year. I would love to join and will catch up this weekend on the ones that are already done - but I am having trouble opening the links for todays snowflake. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thank you,

Robbie

I've already done the garland:clap...so I can get caught up with the other three weeks this week :hook.

IMG_5412.jpg

I knew at least one person had done the garland :) I am glad you see it as an opportunity rather than a missing out :whew.

Good to see everyone having fun :)

Happy Birthday, Gardener :hug

I like the flake of the month idea, Linda .... what are your July snowflakes like around there? :devil

I am off to my first day back working full time in about 6 years :eek Wish me luck (thankfully it is the student free day :P....)

Cheers,

I knew at least one person had done the garland :) I am glad you see it as an opportunity rather than a missing out :whew.

Good to see everyone having fun :)

I like the flake of the month idea, Linda .... what are your July snowflakes like around there? :devil

Cheers,

Let's see.......oh, I know, that's the ones I made into a snowball and put in the freezer to throw on the 4th of July! :haha:rock:haha

I've got the snowflake done. When done in size 10 thread it comes out to be about 2" across. A cute little thing. I've just got one speed today....S..L..O..W!

:flower:school:flower

:clover:clover:clover:clover:clover:clover:clover:clover:clover:clover

Sending you best wishes for a great day and many more to come!

:manyheart, Cosmo

**** OK - now that kangaroo has been sharing beverages with my clover. Either pour one for everyone or knock it off. :2nono:lol

Archived