Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've already done the garland:clap...so I can get caught up with the other three weeks this week :hook.

IMG_5412.jpg

Ooh, beautiful!!

I watched this one last year and told myself that I want to do this this year. I would love to join and will catch up this weekend on the ones that are already done - but I am having trouble opening the links for todays snowflake. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thank you,

Robbie

Did you try both links? The second one worked better for me than the first one.

I think you have to be signed up for the main sites n order to open their patterns too.

I will try to join in when I can. I think it would be great to have lots of snowflakes for my Christmas tree. I'll try to do two a week maybe during my lunch hour until I catch up.

I am finally feeling better today. I did three more of this week's snowflake and two of the angels. (One of the snowflakes only had 5 points. I miscounted. Oops!) The pattern for the angels is "Robbie's Angel." They are part of my church's outreach program. I crochet the pieces and one of the other ladies finishes sewing them together. (That's why the pins.)

DCP_1559.jpg

Glad to hear you're feeling better Linda. Thanks for the angel picture. I've never been part of a crochet group that makes projects together like that. I'll bet it's fun.

:hug

Happy crocheting,

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust

I am finally feeling better today. I did three more of this week's snowflake and two of the angels. (One of the snowflakes only had 5 points. I miscounted. Oops!) The pattern for the angels is "Robbie's Angel." They are part of my church's outreach program. I crochet the pieces and one of the other ladies finishes sewing them together. (That's why the pins.)

DCP_1559.jpg

Glad you are feeling better. I like the angels.

Thanks for the comments on the garland...it worked up nicely when I made it before Christmas. I would like to make longer ones to put on a small tree next year.

I have finished week 1 and week 2...hope to get week 3 done tomorrow and I'll take a picture. I won't starch them until later on though.

I am finally feeling better today. I did three more of this week's snowflake and two of the angels. (One of the snowflakes only had 5 points. I miscounted. Oops!)

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who did this! :D

Got mine done for this week and one of them also has 5 points... ooopsy.

Still need to take pics of last weeks. Lazy lazy this week.

Hi!

I used size 10 thread and a #7 hook.

It's 1 3/4" wide and 26 1/2 " long.

I like it but thats a lot of work for a very small garland! :lol We usually get an 8' tree. If I start now I might get one long enough.

th_DSCN0009.jpg click me!

Happy crocheting,

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust

Hello everyone!

Lovely work is being done by all. I'd respond individually, but I am grabbing what time I can just to post :lol... I am soooooo busy and sooooo :sleep:yawn tired!

I intend to do a single flake in thread rather than working in yarn or doing the actual whole garland (for consistency ;)...)

Looking forward to all of your posts and chat and show-n-tells... if I do not respond as much, do not worry, hopefully I will get the hang of things after the first few weeks of teaching and be more participatory again :manyheart...

Cheers,

Marika

Beautiful work ladies! I have yet to crochet this one. Nice to know what the length will be in smaller thread, as I have a little 3 foot tree. I might try to do the garland. We will have to see. Got to finish the pineapples on the doily I am trying to finish first.

Hi!

I used size 10 thread and a #7 hook.

It's 1 3/4" wide and 26 1/2 " long.

I like it but thats a lot of work for a very small garland! :lol We usually get an 8' tree. If I start now I might get one long enough.

th_DSCN0009.jpg click me!

Very pretty, It looks so delicate.

Hello everyone!

I intend to do a single flake in thread rather than working in yarn or doing the actual whole garland (for consistency ;)...)

I only did a single flake. However, it was quick to make, so eventually I may make a garland.

Hi, I am new. My name is Betty and have been crocheting for over 40 years. I have done alot of doilies, some little girl' s dresses, afghans but my favorite is snowflakes. Have made hundreds of them. But I am unable to get the pattern of the snowflake Monday of this week. I could get the first 3 snowflake patterns. Need some help.

Kind regards from new member who does not know what she is doing. I don't understand alot of your rules or what somethings mean. Guess I am not forum savy. Regards, Betty

This is Betty again with a quick reply. I really could use some help with the guidelines, rules, or whatever it takes to send and receive messages. Check the profile, but most I do not understand what I am suppose. The one thing that I can do and that is make and create snowflakes. Regards, Betty

This is Betty again with a quick reply. I really could use some help with the guidelines, rules, or whatever it takes to send and receive messages. Check the profile, but most I do not understand what I am suppose. The one thing that I can do and that is make and create snowflakes. Regards, Betty

Welcome, Betty. :welcome Glad to have you join us. We don't have many rules in this CAL. A new snowflake is posted each week and we all attempt to do it at some point during the week. Monday is the goal, but that is optional. Original patterns are always welcome. Try the second site for this week's pattern, that one has seemed to work better than the second one for most of us. :hug

Hi Betty! :welcome

We're glad you've joined us. We are a friendly group of snowflake makers. There aren't really any rules to a crochet-a-long. Please make as many or as few as you want and please ask all the questions you want to! We're here to help.

I can't open either link to this week's pattern either. I did open them both on Monday. There must be a glitch somewhere. We'll see what we can do to get it working. Please be patient. I'll see what I can do,.....

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Seasonal/WR1691+Crochet+Snowflake+Garland.htm

This link works for me ... but I am registered at coatsandclark. (It's free.)

Go to coatsandclark.com to do so.

Hi, I am new. My name is Betty and have been crocheting for over 40 years. I have done alot of doilies, some little girl' s dresses, afghans but my favorite is snowflakes. Have made hundreds of them. But I am unable to get the pattern of the snowflake Monday of this week. I could get the first 3 snowflake patterns. Need some help.

Kind regards from new member who does not know what she is doing. I don't understand alot of your rules or what somethings mean. Guess I am not forum savy. Regards, Betty

That is all right Betty. We are pleased to have you with us - feel free to post any questions right to the thread if you are new to the forum, we are happy to help you out with technical difficulties so you can crochet those flakes :):crocheting:flake

The easiest way to send a personal message to someone (like me if you have a question about a link) is to go to the username at the top of the post and click on it, you will get a drop-down box with options for contacting that person (the options depend on what information the people have provided) if you click on "Send a private message to marikamum", you will get a form (like an email message form) addressed to me and then you put in a subject (say "Snowflake Monday problem") and then click in the large white box to type your message. When you are finished click on the "Submit message" button and the forum will send me a private message (also called PM).

Also, if you want to include someone's message in your reply on the thread, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom right of their post - that will include their message in your reply in a blue box (as you see here)... when you've got the hang of that, if you want to know how to quote more than one person (as I have in this post), just ask :).

Hi Betty! :welcome

We're glad you've joined us. We are a friendly group of snowflake makers. There aren't really any rules to a crochet-a-long. Please make as many or as few as you want and please ask all the questions you want to! We're here to help.

I can't open either link to this week's pattern either. I did open them both on Monday. There must be a glitch somewhere. We'll see what we can do to get it working. Please be patient. I'll see what I can do,.....

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Seasonal/WR1691+Crochet+Snowflake+Garland.htm

This link works for me ... but I am registered at coatsandclark. (It's free.)

Go to coatsandclark.com to do so.

Thanks for that, Cosmo, I checked back on the first post and the forum seems to have added in some stray bits of code, which I have deleted.

My apologies to all (I don't know how it happened as I have not edited that post since adding those links on Monday and I did test them to make sure they worked :eek:thair) - the links should be working now.

Regards,

Archived