Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

I loved this weeks pattern! Very different from the snowflakes that I usually do but beautiful none the less. I will definetely be doing all of the snowflakes on the page. Can't take pics of any done so far... We have friends visiting from Britian and I'm sending all the snowflakes completed so far with them as a reminder of us here in Canada. A little snow from here :)

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I loved this weeks pattern! Very different from the snowflakes that I usually do but beautiful none the less. I will definetely be doing all of the snowflakes on the page. Can't take pics of any done so far... We have friends visiting from Britian and I'm sending all the snowflakes completed so far with them as a reminder of us here in Canada. A little snow from here :)

Just as a heads up - I am planning to list the top right flake as a weekly flake later, but the top left flake was posted last year, I believe (Linda, correct me if I am wrong, but I think you put the pattern for that one up individually last year?) So if you would like to save the top left for when it comes in the weekly list that is cool. (If you just have to do them all now, though, that is cool too :lol)

Cheers,

Just as a heads up - I am planning to list the top right flake as a weekly flake later, but the top left flake was posted last year, I believe (Linda, correct me if I am wrong, but I think you put the pattern for that one up individually last year?) So if you would like to save the top left for when it comes in the weekly list that is cool. (If you just have to do them all now, though, that is cool too :lol)

Cheers,

Yes, you are correct. The one was done last year. It was posted separately because that was all the time I had available at the library computer. It was when our home computers were on the fritz.

Yes, you are correct. The one was done last year. It was posted separately because that was all the time I had available at the library computer. It was when our home computers were on the fritz.

I thought it was something like that :D... it was great to see the whole set online :D...

Cheers!

By the way, I just posted the instructions for my Airy January Snowflake in the free original designs section. I got them up this week as promised. Just at the end of the week instead of the beginning. :lol :lol :lol

By the way, I just posted the instructions for my Airy January Snowflake in the free original designs section. I got them up this week as promised. Just at the end of the week instead of the beginning. :lol :lol :lol

Well, I'll just have to go check it out, then, eh?

I've been working on the garland, isn't that just pretty.. I love it.. U all are doing a wonderful job. Keep up the good work...:)

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Wanda,

Do you have a flake for us?

Sorry, I couldn't wait any longer!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire(can't get much warmer!) regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdustCosmo:mdust:mdust:mdust

If you would like to use my "Airy January Snowflake" for this week, it is here http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=95155

Yes, please :D

Sorry, I flaked out ***GROAN*** Mondays are my super-extra-busy-then-crash day at the moment, so I forgot :faint (Though, thanks to the beauty of the time zone, it is still Monday where many of you are ;)... I've just spoiled you :P...)

We'll go with Linda's lovely new flake (though I will do a non-Linda flake next week so she gets a chance to play, too :manyheart)

Regards,

Marika

Yes, please :D

Sorry, I flaked out ***GROAN*** Mondays are my super-extra-busy-then-crash day at the moment, so I forgot :faint (Though, thanks to the beauty of the time zone, it is still Monday where many of you are ;)... I've just spoiled you :P...)

We'll go with Linda's lovely new flake (though I will do a non-Linda flake next week so she gets a chance to play, too :manyheart)

Regards,

Marika

Oh, I play even when it's one of my own flakes. I did two of the one for last week and have already given one of them away. :lol :lol :lol And I will do at least two of the one for this week, because I really like it and it is so quick and easy to do. :hook

Make sure the instructions for my snowflake say 'ending with ch2, dc in 4th ch of starting ch 5' for Round 2. There was a mistake in the posted pattern which is now fixed. (Another reason I like to do my flakes when we do them here.) :lol :lol :lol

Thanks Wanda! Now put the wand down :magic, put your feet up :slipper:slipper, and get some rest :sleep!

Thanks Linda! It's another lovely flake :flake! I especially like your style of pattern writing. :manyheart They're always easy to follow and have beautiful results.

:ty

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire (can't get much warmer!) regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdustCosmo:mdust:mdust:mdust

I finished this weeks flake, but I made a rather stupid mistake. My triple crochet clusters are actually quadruple crochet clusters. By the time I realized my mistake I was halfway through the last round, so I decided to let it be. What with that mistake, plus the fact that I used size 3 thread, (I just can't do size 10, my hands get cramps within minutes), my flake is quite large, about 5 inches across.

The pattern, once again is well written and easy to follow.

I will get a picture later this week.

I finished this weeks flake, but I made a rather stupid mistake. My triple crochet clusters are actually quadruple crochet clusters. By the time I realized my mistake I was halfway through the last round, so I decided to let it be. What with that mistake, plus the fact that I used size 3 thread, (I just can't do size 10, my hands get cramps within minutes), my flake is quite large, about 5 inches across.

The pattern, once again is well written and easy to follow.

I will get a picture later this week.

So you have a super-airy flake :lol

Cheers!

Today (well tomorrow for all of you State-side, but I've got to stand up for my time zone) is Cosmo/Missmaxx/Nancy's birthday, so please join with me in a rousing chorus:

:bday

Happy birthday dear Co-o-s-mooooooooooo

And many MORE!

:party:birthday:cake

Birthday Felicitations to my favourite fellow fairy!

:hug

:mdustWanda:mdust

Here's this weeks flake, (not stiffened or blocked yet, although I really should get started on that, since I have 8 or 10 ready to be finished.) It is giant sized for two reasons, the mistake I made and the fact that I used size 3 thread.

th_DSCF0001-7.jpg

Archived