Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

I love snowflakes! I haven't blocked it yet, but here's the one from the first week:

sf1.jpgsf2.jpg

Sorry the pics are so blurry...

I've still got all the ones from last year's list to block as well. As soon as I can find a place that won't be in the way, I've just got to do it. :P

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All!

First, I'm not an expert. That being said, I made a button to use on blogs for Snowflake Mondays 2009.

It looks like this:

buttonforSnowflakeMondays2009.jpg

If you'd like one for your blog please send me a PM with your email address.

I need to add the lovely photo of the lovely flake are both examples of Marika's handiwork! Thank you Wanda!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire (can't get much warmer!) regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust

I read that Marika requested we have a button for our blogs to show our participation in Snowflake Mondays. I came up with one today, but I see that missmaxx beat me to it! :cheer

I love what she came up with, and using a photo of an actual crocheted snowflake really tells the story of what Snowflake Mondays are all about.

I had some fun playing around with making one, so I'm going to post it anyway just to share it. I didn't mean for it to come out so big, but I couldn't figure out how to adjust it to be smaller.

3197137345_4f6d161014.jpg?v=0

Nice button Quilt Crossover! Now everyone has a choice.

Hey everyone, need some snowflakes? I got 10.5 inches of the stuff - it's all over everything I can see. If you want to stop by and pick some up dress warm! It's a balmy 4 F with the forecast saying dropping temps and high winds for the rest of today and tomorrow.

Cosmo and Quilt Crossover,

Lovely buttons! I have added a line to the first post linking people to your posts and saying they can contact you by PM to request a button - is that okay with you, Quilt Crocheter? If you'd rather not be in the button forwarding business, I can edit out that offer :lol.

I've already complimented Missmaxx on her button in development, I must of course comment on her impeccable taste in crocheted snowflakes :D... I must say, though, Quilt Crossover, I do really love your button - the font makes me feel like it is snowing now (and at a balmy 86 F here yesterday, that is quite an effective use of font :lol) and the snowflake shapes are very inspiring :)...

Cheers,

I'm glad you liked the button. It was fun to play with the fonts until I found one I liked. A snowy effect was what I was going for, so it made me happy to read that you saw it that way.

I hope I didn't step on any toes here by posting it. I would have been happy to change the "2009" to "2010" and save it for next year. (How optimistic is that? Snowflake Mondays to infinity and beyond! :D )

I think that if you go to the message and rightclick on the photo it should show you the URL address of where the photo is stored on my Flickr account and people can just copy it from there.

-Em

Here are mine for this week. I did the white one as per the pattern and on the red one i did it a tiny bit different.

th_100_0152.jpg

THey look lovely, Leticia... it looks like you left off the second layer of ring on the red one - any other modifications I couldn't see with a quick look? It is great to experiment with the patterns to make them our own :)

I'm glad you liked the button. It was fun to play with the fonts until I found one I liked. A snowy effect was what I was going for, so it made me happy to read that you saw it that way.

I hope I didn't step on any toes here by posting it. I would have been happy to change the "2009" to "2010" and save it for next year. (How optimistic is that? Snowflake Mondays to infinity and beyond! :D )

I think that if you go to the message and rightclick on the photo it should show you the URL address of where the photo is stored on my Flickr account and people can just copy it from there.

-Em

OUCH!!!!! That's my toe!!!

:P

Just kidding, no toes stepped on here :) happy to have folks share their ideas and creativity... no need for official permission of any sort... though now that I think of it, I'll post a link to my question re: buttons to Amy and you can just have a quick check to make sure your graphics and such correspond to the guidelines :)...

The idea re: PMing to have buttons sent to people is that when Missmaxx emailed me the button it had the link to the thread embedded in it, but I couldn't manage to transfer that to the 'Ville with coding intact... I know that embedding can travel via email, but I suppose people who blog and post buttons on their blog can probably figure out how to attach the link to the graphic :think:lol

Cheers,

Got my snowflake done for this week. Great pattern!!! Took me a few minutes to figure out Rd 3, don't know why I was so confused about it. It was so simple and straight forward, maybe I was having one of those "Mommy moments". It truly is a beautiful flake.

Everyone has made such wonderful snowflakes!!!! I'm really looking forwarded to having a white tree this year.

~~Lynn

didn't get mine done yet, fingers too cold to work with thread, hopefully it will start warming up tomorrow, it is now -10 F and going towards -27 F before morning with a windchill of -45F

:wbrr

I wish I could send you some of our :sun and :hot... It is perfect working with thread and cotton weather here (good thing my current projects are in cotton :)...)

Hope you warm up and your fingers thaw out :hug.

Regards,

Here are mine for this week. I did the white one as per the pattern and on the red one i did it a tiny bit different.

th_100_0152.jpg

finally have a look at my week 1 and 2 snowflakes

show-image_100b-09011617257428.jpg

show-image_100b-09011617632310.jpg

These are all beautiful flakes.

THey look lovely, Leticia... it looks like you left off the second layer of ring on the red one - any other modifications I couldn't see with a quick look? It is great to experiment with the patterns to make them our own :)

Thank you, Yes all i did was leave out the second row.

I did week 2 today, finally, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The new stitches were a nice improvement from the usual picots.

I. Hate. Picots.

:lol

We had one flake last year that I christened something along the lines "Picots of Death" :lol, I am sorry that I cannot promise you picot free flakes this year, but there will be some weeks that are picot free.

I apologise in advance for the picots on this coming week's flake :devil, but there are not many of them, and they are all single grounded picots (ch 3 and sl st to the stitch at the base) - so maybe if you think of them as "ch-3 loops" you can make it through? ;)

Cheers,

Hi all,

This time around it is my flake on the testing board :). The design has not been tested, so please feel free to let me know if there are any typos or areas that could use more clarity - you can post them to the thread, or email or PM me or even perhaps leave comments on the blog (though I have no idea if I will be notified of those :lol... not a very trafficked area :rofl)

http://marikamum.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-snowflake-design.html

I do not have a name for the flake yet, so I am also happy for suggestions for naming :).

Thanks!

Marika (who would have tried to delay a bit, but is so sleepy that she is sure she would forget if she did not do it first thing :yawn)

Archived