Christmas gift from my daughter....

...it was totally unexpected, that she would get me something like this! We have three retired greyhounds, who are my babies, and my 21 year old daughter got me this crochet pattern:

QESweaterwtext.jpg

She knows I love our doggies, and that I love to crochet, and how thoughtful it was of her to combine both of these things for me!! :c9

Now to decide colors....we have THREE greyhounds! :think

I have this pattern, Melissa. It is so easy but it comes out really long. Especially if you use a yarn that is really strechy, so you just have to watch your size. I just made one for our group to raffel. One of my favorite old guys is now wearing it for pajamas!

All your pups will soon have new sweaters!

Thanks for the tip, Suzy. Did you use Homespun yarn for it?

My dogs have nice "raincoats" (NOT PLASTIC), which are lined with lightweight flannel, as well as winter coats (fleece with rain-resistant fabric over top of that), but sweaters will be nice for those in-between days! :) It's times like these that I could see the advantage of a small dog: much quicker to make for a little dog! :lol....not that I would have anything but a greyhound!

What a wonderful and thoughtful gift for you and your Greyhounds. :):):)

I agree! I can imagine all the love that you will put in making these sweaters, hope I can see the finished products.

Where did she purchase the pattern from? While I don't have greyhounds I do have dogs with long necks and I'm thinking I could adapt that pattern for my fur-babies.

She ordered it online, from ebay I think.

You can also get it here: www.greyhoundcrafts.com. There's also a lovely fisherman sweater there; as well as the life sized greyhound which I have made.

What kind of dog do you have?

rascalsmon, I have two rat terriers. One especially has a long neck as well as long legs. A very petite ratter. Their long necks are the reason I liked that pattern, most I've found just don't cover enough and they tend to get very cold as they are short haired dogs.

rascalsmon, I just went to the site you posted and to my surprise I found out that it's a snood and sweater combo! What a great idea, going to get this pattern for my kids, I'm sure I can downsize it, or at least get an idea on how to make something similar.

Archived