2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I finished off that skein of cotton so I'm at -14. Since that is 14 balls (don't even have that many) or 7 skeins of yarn, I doubt I will get near 0 this week. :(

I did finally finish the star afghan. The yarn was slightly different in color but I don't care at this point. I'm just glad to be done with it. Of course I ended up with 3 skeins of yarn left that are too big to roll in to balls, so I don't even get any points with finishing it.

I'm back to working on my round ripple, and from what I have read there, I probably won't finish any skeins on it. Thankfully I have plans for that yarn later that will help finish it up.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well haven't finished off much of a skein still working on a bear and my is he ever crooked at least his body is twisted

I bought my last skein I needed to work on my quilt so -2 but I used up a small skein of fingering weight on my doll RR so +2 and I'm back at my WTD +2 :lol Now hopefully I can finish off another skein of eye lash and roll a skein of ILTY into a ball for some more points today.

Well I know this will kill my score but if anyone has small balls of yarn they know they will never use again, I'm looking for more scraps for my lovely scrap blanket, any color is great.

I rolled a skein into a ball. :yay +1 more for WTD +3 now.

I am going to make a matching scarf for the hat so I can use up what's left and maybe a little more :lol

I used up 2 balls and rolled 2 skeins down :cheer (+4). Only 3 more squares to go :yay!! I just hope I have enough black to finish (I have plenty of white and rainbow colors). I can't wait to get them all together and this whole thing done. A friend wants me to make a stuffed bunny for Easter. Maybe I'll work on designing that for awhile.

WTD Score: + 4 YTD Score: + 32

Ellie 13

I've been a good girl, only buying what I need... :cheer

I'm probably going to get another point before the weekend, so I'll post later.

Slow and steady wins the race.. :lol

My goal was to reach a score that gets me two points per week, but I'm a bit off so far. If that were the case, my YTD should be up to 18 so far, and I'm only at 10. I'll get there, though! :rofl

:oopsDoh! NO WAY! ...so what are ya gonna do?!

Not a problem. It is my RH white pounders and I just went to the closet and got another one. Well it was another, another one because my first choice is connected to a different WIP :eek

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Well, I didn't get to use up any balls....Wow that sounded wrong. I tried to get rid of a scrap ball but I did my foundation chain and first row of my blanket, and the scrap ball still wasn't finished. I didn't have any of my other scrap balls with me which upset me, it's not like I have that many anyway, mostly skeins. I'm dying to go out and buy more yarn though.

well I have been using alot up this week with odds and ends!

Here is a kitchen set, yes that is an owl in the center of the dishcloth

3509003.jpg

and this is 'Patty the Puppy' off the Lion Brand site, my Sonshine loves it!!

3509001.jpg

I love that puppy you made he is so adorable

Allright, Last night I spent quite a while winding skeins of yarn into balls and today I went through 4 skeins of yarn (smaller skeins) so my score so far is:

WTD: -26

Not to bad considering I was at -50 (-56?) a couple of days ago.

Julee

+1 for me. Instead of making the hat, which I was stupid enough to not realize I didn't have enough yarn for, I made myself a thick but pretty headband. Maybe I'll wear it to the gym or something.

010028.jpg

Cool headband Mandii. And Ropergirl3 your puppy is adorable. And I've always loved the little knitted owls. Wish I could knit better. I started another pair of Firecracker gloves today. Almost done with one glove but no points today for me.

Okay, I'm putting in my weekly totals now, as I probably won't be anywhere near a computer tomorrow...

While I used up two more skeins (+4), my yarn shipment for the sweater arrived this week (-30), so sadly, my totals are:

WTD = -26

YTD = +8

Ohh, I think I made a mistake that I have since corrected... Since I bought 8 skeins of yarn this week, then I should subtract 16, whereas I added 8. Sorry, I am new to this game. Okay I have almost finished up over half of 7 skeins of yarn that I had in my stash on the baby blanket I am working on right now, so it is 1 point for 1/2 a skein, so if I get this right it would be:

WTD -16, YTD -9

hi...

am posting quick - gotta get back to :crocheting... need to finish a scarf TODAY :eek...and it's not looking good.

anyhoo... great work everyone!

So far for me today, another +2, as a skein of red wool bites the dust! :cheer

see you in a bit if I can...

:ghug to all!

well I made one square and small swatch for the fun of it so +2 for me for today I'll see what more I can accomplish so I'll post the numbers tomorrow or later tonight

I did finish that pounder

on the first edge

of the last round of my square.

:rofl

Hey Darski!

This same thing happened to me just a couple of weeks ago. I was working on a VJGC square and ran out of RHSS Paddy Green just 6 inches short. Rather than run out and buy yet another skein, I inquried on the VJGC site whether anyone had 8-9feet of that color to spare. A friendly Villager stepped right up and RAOKed me with what I needed.:mail

So perhaps someone here can do the same thing. There are A LOT of big stashes here. Is that a Caron Pounder? What color? How much?

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +11/YTD: -19

TeamVJGC

I won't be able to post tomorrow either, as I'll be at my Project Linus chapter's Make a Blanket Day party--where no doubt I'll sign out a kit or two and therefore bring yarn into my house--:eek! But I'm dropping off 5 blankets (1 knit purple, 1 knit yellow, 1 knit shamrock, 1 crochet shamrock, 1 crochet train) for them, which represents a lot of yarn I've used up. Yea!

WTD Score +3

Happy weekend, everyone! Patty

By far the easiest way to de-stash is gifting what you don't want/hate to "thems" that do want/love. Jain had first dibs on the infamous Ugly Green Yarn I offered last week. Wednesday I sent out to her two skeins and at least 7 balls (+11). I didn't weep to see it go:D

Otherwise I haven't done anything that reduces my stash. I did a few piddily things, but the VJGC afghan returned to the end of my couch, only partially bordered. I hope to pick it up again this weekend. It's supposed to get cold (maybe even snow), so it won't be too bad to be covered up with it.

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +11/YTD: -19

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +11/YTD: -19

TeamVJGC

I did get some crocheting done last weekend, but this week has been slow... Hopefully I will get the hook moving this week. :) I'm kind of in the middle of some projects...

Here's mine:

+3 WTD

+5 YTD

Happy to be in the positive! :cheer

Archived