2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I'm late getting my totals in but I'm not going to win any prizes except for going in the hole the most in one week. I received 15 skeins in the mail yesterday so I'm way in the hole, but your right I sure will have fun creating things with it.

WTD= -30 YTD= -30

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished the Monster afghan and then rolled up the leftover yarn for three more points.

I don't know if I'll get to do any more crocheting today, so I am posting early.

WTD=+17 YTD=+2

I'm in the positives with my YTD AGAIN! But I have a little yarn on order, so that will change next week.

:manyheart

I only actually used up one skein this week & working through another, but I did lighten my stash by sending some skeins to live with a friend where they will be put to better use! I don't think I will get any crocheting done today so its a safe time for me to post before I forget. :blush I'm good at forgetting!

+9 WTD / +10 YTD

I am going to hold off for a least a bit as I am starting a hat with the remains of my afghan yarn. I expect to finish the skein but not the hat with this bit but I want to see how far I get with this colour. This will prove to be a most interesting stocking cap fer shure. :wlol

Last week I forgot, so I'm going to go ahead and post my score. It won't change before posting time. Doesn't seem like much, but one of the projects is using big skeins of yarn, and 1 project only uses 3 oz skeins. So WTD total is +6.

I'm going to go ahead and post for the week. I may or may not get my embroidery project done today - if I get it done, I'll get some crocheting in, but if I don't get it done, I won't. Either way, it'll happen so late in the day that I might as well just post now and tack anything I do happen to use onto next week's score. :D

WTD 0/YTD +75

Nothing lost, nothing gained this week!

I only actually used up one skein this week & working through another, but I did lighten my stash by sending some skeins to live with a friend where they will be put to better use! I don't think I will get any crocheting done today so its a safe time for me to post before I forget. :blush I'm good at forgetting!

+9 WTD / +10 YTD

I am not "Smarter than a 5th Grader" today. Thankfully & luckily Beth (basjordan) is a personal friend AND very smart! I was counting skeins as only 1 and not counting the 3 skeins I bought at all - not on purpose I promise!

My corrected score is:

+12 WTD

sold some excess yarn this week:clap

so even tho i have to get some for an afghan i am working on i am

+31 wtd:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:yay

posting now as i will probably not bust out anything else the rest of today as i am only in the formative stages of this afghan:hook

Last week I forgot, so I'm going to go ahead and post my score. It won't change before posting time. Doesn't seem like much, but one of the projects is using big skeins of yarn, and 1 project only uses 3 oz skeins. So WTD total is +6.[/quote

hi, it would help the basjordan if you would highlight your score and separate it from the rest( check a few of the other posts)

we don't want her to go blind searching thru posts for scores - then she couldn't crochet and bust down her own stash:(

if you have questions on how- pm me or any of the other stashbusters!

Score for week ending 02/07/09: +2

A little on the pathetic side, but at least it's still positive! I used up a whole Caron One Pound on a blanket I'm knitting (shh, I know, knitting; but since knitting stretches the yarn and I'm on this yarn diet, I'm trying to make the yarn go as far as possible), plus 2 small balls, but I had to buy another One Pound in deep violet for this blanket.

I'm happy as long as my weekly score remains positive, or 0. :P:P And I'm so glad I'm keeping track of the YTD, which I didn't last time I stashbusted. My ego is feeling very self-righteous seeing that number increase. :lol Patty

WTD - 0

I've been using pound balls on various small projects, so even though I've been working on stuff all week I don't have a score to show for it. Oh well, hopefully by next week I'll at least get some of them down to balls. Those things go on forever don't they? (And this also means that my YTD hasn't changed.)

Archived