2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I gifted 2 skeins & 1 ball today, so my score for the week:

WTD: +8

Now...next week...that will be not such a good score...craftsetc will come in...and i just had a friend who said...i have alot of yarn i have no use for...can you use it?? :eek:devil:yes me? pass up :yarn :yarn ??? Never!!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know...one of my friends who goes to our craft meets...she's been shopping at her local Rose's store. She picked up Lion Suede for 75 cents, and last time she picked up Lion Boucle for like 50 cents. Whats with that?? They are selling it on Joann's for like $5 a skein!!

You know...one of my friends who goes to our craft meets...she's been shopping at her local Rose's store. She picked up Lion Suede for 75 cents, and last time she picked up Lion Boucle for like 50 cents. Whats with that?? They are selling it on Joann's for like $5 a skein!!

possibly discontinued colors?????

or overstock

oh you poor, poor soul!!! JK---the first time I took my Sonshine there it was awful!!! He was 2 and he is a quiet person so it was a little over the top and Momma about had to take a kid out when he literally pushed my Sonshine over and stepped on his back to get into the overhead tube---yea, really....that little boy had a looooong walk to introduce me to his mother and father!!! Of course now we go and good luck getting out of there in under 3 hours!!!!

Really though, it is a magic place for a kid--have fun!

Wow! Well, my son is 2 years old and he's a little shy as well but surprisingly he was not overwhelmed at all and had a great time. It was really crowded but we didn't have any mishaps. He almost got knocked over by some bigger kids a couple of times and one woman tried to cut in front of us at the ticket counter but I took care of that real quick! Overall he had a really great time but it was definitely not as nice as it was when I was a kid. And that's not just because I remember it being nicer because I was a kid, it actually has gone down hill - verified by my grandmother, haha. Here's a link to the Flickr account if you want to see some pictures.

Well I have the feeling I'm going to be the big loser this week... my 37 skein order arrived yesterday from crafts etc! -74 :eek It was worth it though. I got some really awesome deals from thier sale last week. Then today I received 4 more skeins of cotton that I won as a prize from another group. -8

As for using up... It's been a slow week for that. I wasn't able to reduce much other than one skein of cotton. +2

WTD -80/YTD -65

+76 Ariel Manx GOLD MEDAL!

+34 Kiwikitti SILVER MEDAL!

+23 lhapsaapsolady BRONZE MEDAL!

+16 Jessicagil

+15 pineknott

+12 tricia

+11 Isabel

+11 jura2908

+10 Braxxi

+9 DesertCrocheter

+8 130chris

+8 BeasteezGurl

+8 Jozzie

+8 KellyA

+7 dilyca2006

+7 Krystal16

+5 Cablegal

+4 A stitchintime

+4 CroJulee

+4 minx19662000

+4 ropergirl3

+4 walker 1021

+3 aphelia

+3 Crocheting Bev

+3 Legalwoman17

+2 NeedleArts

+2 PBLKNP

+2 Streams45

+1 Amethyst Mist

+1 Ellie13

+1 hseger

+1 Jain

0 basjordan

0 CraftyWitch

0 Graceylue

0 lilmiss

0 rddugan

0 renegade

-1 mar3185

-2 gbabesmom

-2 jammerholly

-2 Marzee

-3 CLLinda

-4 Mollyanna

-6 cthulhu

-6 Krazy-Kitty

-8 WendySue

-9 Barreira

-9 jollyrancher418

-12 darski

-16 greatgrammy

-16 Tia

-22 fc1123

-52 dragonpuck

-79 Rsaulsbury

-80 almoreland SHOOT THE MOON!

OK! New week resolution. No dollar stores and no thrift shops (unfortunatly, I do pass 2 thrift shops on the way home). But, I will resist the urge to stop.

Now, I have a question. I have been meaning to buy an afghan hook, but in the old knitting needle case somebody gave me, I found a Boyle crochet hook with a long flexible plastic tube attached to the end and on the end of that was a disk, like it was used to keep yarn from slipping off. I have never seen a hook like this. Is this a afghan hook? Maybe just an older one?

that sounds like a cable afghan hook

http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/notions-hooks-afghan.html

it would be good for wider ghans.

So, this is a afghan hook, just a flexible version instead of the long double hook I am use to seeing. Great! Now, I can try to learn a new stitch.

I didn't have much progress to report this week, but no new yarn either. It's snowing here in Cincinnati, so today is a good day to crochet!!!

Cheri

What kid of dollar stores do you all have? I went to our two today. Dollar General didn't have any yarn. I asked and they said they have never carried it. Then I went to the Dollar Tree. They had a crafts section with one small bin of Bernat Matrix. That's it.

Last time I checked the Thrift store I didn't see any yarn there either.

The poncho that i frogged yesterday is turning out very nicely. i am using a 15.75mm needle. i didn't think needles came in that big size. ha-ha! :blush

Laura

My largest hook is an S (19 mm). I believe the 15.75 is a Q.

Oh my, I got the gold medal for the week! :bow The glory will be fleeting, but I'm enjoying it right now! :laughroll

I've been embroidering this weekend, so no yarn stash used up yet this week. I just finished a scarf on Thursday and I haven't decided what to crochet next. :scrachin

Archived