First Felting project all done!

craftimama

Last night I felted a Booga bag (online pattern from Black Sheep Bags) and I put the handles on this morning. I just love it! Here's a picture of the finished bag:

th_finishedbag.jpg

There are more photos on my blog that I took during the felting process if anyone wants to take a peek at them.

Hugs! Juli

Great job on the Booga Bag!! I love that pattern. Hopefully I will get mine done soon as well and hopefully it will turn out as beautiful as yours!

Oh wow!!! Awsome bag - I just love it!! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern location too...I have been looking for something similar for a while! Can you tell us what the finished measurements are? I didn't seen that on the pattern...Thanks!:clap

Mine came out about 9 inches long x 5.5 inches wide by 11 inches high. The online pattern says that the dimensions are 7.7 by 4.5 by 8.5, so mine came out a bit bigger. The online pattern called for size 10.5 circulars and I used size 11, so maybe that's why mine came out a bit bigger.

That sounds small, but it's bigger than it looks. I dried the purse over a plastic baby wipes box, which fit perfectly snug into the bottom of the bag so that the bottom would dry flat, and there was lots of inside room left.

I used 6 feet of I-cord (before felting) to get a nice size handle length. If you wanted an over-the-shoulder bag though, you'd have to make them longer.

Hugs! Juli

Great looking bag! :clap Good incentive for me to get my act together and make and felt a purse instead of thinking about it!

Thanks for the info, Juli - Looking forward to starting my own! I have been dying to do something in Noro, but most patterns call for much more than 3 balls, and that stuff is pretty expensive! Glad to have found one that I can make that is in my budget!

Archived