How to create your own variegated thread

I recently discovered the quick and easy way to create beautiful variegated thread!

Step 1. Buy good quality thread in the solid color of your choice.

Step 2. Leave ball on the coffee table before you go to bed. It doesn't matter if it is still wrapped; by morning the wrapper will have magically disappeared!*

Step 3. Wake up the next morning and begin search for the beginning of your yarn ball. It will be wrapped around most everything in the living room, including the sweet, innocent little kitten sleeping on the couch.

*The trick in creating this one of a kind yarn is in the all-natural wonder fluid, cat spit. Yes, cat spit. Turns soft pink thread into stiff white thread. Cat will also tear open wrapper and shred it into itty bitty pieces and scatter them all over the floor. Just for you!!

there is also a similar technique involving an 18month old Jack Russell Terrier and yarn. almost daily my "baby" will have yarn in his month and we have to wrestle him and risk his teetto get my yarn..he loves to dye it for me.

LOL, I thought it was how to die yarn also. I guees I am lucky, my dogs have never really played in the yarn. They sleep on it, and what I and making at the time. My cocker will get caught up in it because she has to be glued to me all the time, she is such a mama dog. :)

:D I sure fooled you all, didn't I? ;) Yes, we have four cats and two kids. Three out of four of the cats could care less about yarn and the children have learned that cutting my thread off of the ball actually does not help mommy in any way. :(

Even though we all know better than to leave our crochet things laying around, sometimes we slip.

The kitten in question is a very friendly, cuddly gal with short body hair, but a HUGE fluffy tail...and she's really quite irresistible. I just can't be mad at her lol.

We had another cat that used to chew the thread off.. so I guess this is a lesser evil. :lol

:lol That was funny! I wasn't expecting that.

I guess I'm lucky, my dogs sniff my yarn and maybe have drolled on it when sniffing or got on my lap while I"m making something big, but that's about it. Even with crochet toys (well with cotton twine to offset the scent), they left them alone. I did have a cat that use to watch the yarn go to my crochet hook and occassionally attack it.

Debbi

I recently discovered the quick and easy way to create beautiful variegated thread!

Step 1. Buy good quality thread in the solid color of your choice.

Step 2. Leave ball on the coffee table before you go to bed. It doesn't matter if it is still wrapped; by morning the wrapper will have magically disappeared!*

Step 3. Wake up the next morning and begin search for the beginning of your yarn ball. It will be wrapped around most everything in the living room, including the sweet, innocent little kitten sleeping on the couch.

*The trick in creating this one of a kind yarn is in the all-natural wonder fluid, cat spit. Yes, cat spit. Turns soft pink thread into stiff white thread. Cat will also tear open wrapper and shred it into itty bitty pieces and scatter them all over the floor. Just for you!!

All the more reason to get a new kitty. :hook

LOL it works with older dogs too. Both of my sister's 8 year old Spaniels and my mom's 8 year old poodle would love to get their teeth into my yarn. The only thing is, if the poodle got it, I'd never get it back. He has an amazing ability to clamp down on anything that you don't want him to have - the pressure on his jaw must be unbelievable.

The Spaniels usually destroy any toy they get within five minutes, so I can only imagine what they'd do to my yarn.

It's funny. The three year old niece and four year old nephew have never messed with my stuff. It's the dogs I'd have to worry about.

Do you take special orders?

:lol I can ask the yarn artist....but I wouldn't count on it. She pretty much has her own agenda lol.. but maybe if you present her with food, she might consider ;) my cat can be won over with any sort of edible goody

In my case it is a Chihuahua puppy and a ball of Fun Fur thread. I could only look at it and laugh.

lol I hate fun fur and if I bought it, it would be JUST to give it to my cats to play with :lol

Archived