What exactly is the web site Ravelry?

Its another forum like this. they have crochet and knit on it. groups that you can join patterns and such.I joined and it didnt take me 3 days and some others had to wait.They have whole lot to look at too.lol between the two of these you are lost for hours looking at it all.But I still preferr the Ville!

Its another forum like this. they have crochet and knit on it. groups that you can join patterns and such.I joined and it didnt take me 3 days and some others had to wait.They have whole lot to look at too.lol between the two of these you are lost for hours looking at it all.But I still preferr the Ville!

Ditto.

Great,great site. Not as "personal" as the ville,but a multitude of patterns free and otherwise, I joined some of the "groups" available on the site, such as "Sugar N Cream" Lovers" (an example.) To really enjoy the site, join a few groups that interest you. They will tell you about the group thing. I try to keep from spending too much time on it, but its reallly neat, second only to the Ville!

Its also like an online notebook. You can keep track of your projects, things you have finished or are working on, It keeps track of the details like the hook sizes used on the project,yarns, ect.... You can also keep track of your stash of yarn that you have, the stash of books you have,the hooks you have on hand, you can also keep track of projects you have in mind to do. you can also find patterns that are free as well as paid. its for both knitters and crocheters.

I noticed that a lot of members here has a link to Ravelry. I went to the website to check it out. I Tried signing up. I Have a 3 day wait for an invitation. Exactly what is Ravelry?

Ravelry is worth the 3 day wait...it's just plain fun. Their search engine is wonderful and the project and yarn organizers are great. The groups are a blast and quite frankly, I find it a little easier to maneuver around than Crochetville...no offense to anyone. I do both, but have more fun at Ravelry because I don't wind up reading posts from 3 years ago or (with all due respect) have to slog through all the quotes and smiley faces. Just my personal preference...don't mean to insult anyone. I truly enjoy both sites though.

I don't use Ravelry as a forum at all (although forums on various topics...Needlework on the Net...off-topic....Patterns...etc are available)

I don't use Ravelry to find other knitters and crocheters (although thousands upon thousands are there, including famous faces in the knitting/crochet world)

I don't use Ravelry to display pictures of my finished projects or categorize my stash or my needles (because I don't have time) (but those options are there and very nice)

I don't use Ravelry to make my free or for sale patterns available (although Ravelry has great features for people who do)

What do I use it for? People post new patterns coming available there, and I kind of like to keep track of those. :) AND, I love browsing through all the finished projects labeled "crochet", starting with the most favorited. There are some absolutely amazing things to drool over!

I don't use Ravelry as a forum at all (although forums on various topics...Needlework on the Net...off-topic....Patterns...etc are available)

I don't use Ravelry to find other knitters and crocheters (although thousands upon thousands are there, including famous faces in the knitting/crochet world)

I don't use Ravelry to display pictures of my finished projects or categorize my stash or my needles (because I don't have time) (but those options are there and very nice)

I don't use Ravelry to make my free or for sale patterns available (although Ravelry has great features for people who do)

What do I use it for? People post new patterns coming available there, and I kind of like to keep track of those. :) AND, I love browsing through all the finished projects labeled "crochet", starting with the most favorited. There are some absolutely amazing things to drool over!

Ditto!

Froggie

Mostly all I've done is input what I know of my yarn stash. Much of it is packed up, so I know there is a bit missing, but I've gotten most of it listed now.

I do sometimes search the forum if I have some specific knitting question. I've had good luck so far finding results that someone has already answered the question without me having to actually ask it. :)

I LOVE Ravelry. I don't use it as a forum like this one though. I mostly use it to search a pattern to see how other people made it and what yarns they used, and I also look up yarns that I have in my stash and see what other people made with that particular yarn.

I also occasionaly post a finished project. I don't have enough time to post here and there! LOL

How the heck do you join? Ive been on the site and sent my email info and have heard nothing from them. Do they send you an email when you can fianlly join their site? I have checked my spam folder also many times during the day and night and get nothing back from Ralvery. Ive done this several times in spans of months and still nothing? So Im confused:think

How the heck do you join? Ive been on the site and sent my email info and have heard nothing from them. Do they send you an email when you can fianlly join their site? I have checked my spam folder also many times during the day and night and get nothing back from Ralvery. Ive done this several times in spans of months and still nothing? So Im confused:think

I'm still waitin for mine......

If you go http://www.ravelry.com/antsyhttp://www.ravelry.com/antsy and type in your email address it should tell you where on the list you are.

Joyce

I love going to Ravelry to see the amazing finished projects that people post over there, but I prefer Crochetville over Ravelry because of the great friendships I have made with people here. I did start a log over on Ravelry of my projects, but I never really went anywhere with it because I don't have enough time to read and respond to what I want here and then participate on Ravelry too, so now I check the finished projects over there about once every week or so, but I come to Crochetville every day because I feel like this is my home. :)

Archived