Hands and Feet

Woven N Spun

Hi all....Have a few things to share with you today.

First the hands....made these without a pattern...just winging it because I thought the yarn was cool and wanted to try my hands at making mittens. I used knitpicks yarn called Sock Garden (LOVE IT and see more uses in my future)

Dscn1255sm.jpg

now to the feet. I made two pairs of socks over the weekend using what I hope will be a pattern available on my site sometime in the future. This pattern will be called Josh b' Gosh since they are named for my son. The first photo I used knitpicks Dancing and the second photo I used Lion Brand's Magic Strips (gotta go with the Dancing)

http://www.wovenspun.com/blog/Dscn1245sm.jpg

http://www.wovenspun.com/blog/Dscn1248sm.jpg

Now...this photo I am surely proud of. My "middle" son who is 9 is really getting into crochet. I have taught 4 out of 5 of mine the basics, but CJs is really exploding into it. He watched me work on my socks this past weekend and came out of his room yesterday to show me what he worked on with no pattern and no idea how he did this. Soon this student will out do his master :) If you like what he did, will you please do me a favor and send him a note to CJ@wovenspun[dot]com I know his very low self esteem would be bolstered by your comments.

Dscn1252sm.jpg

Thanks for looking and thanks for letting me share.

Wow! Everything is so great! I haven't tried socks yet and your making me want to learn! Oh, by the way, CJ has mail! :)

Thanks so much. I printed off your email and will have it waiting for him when he gets up this morning.:hook

Wow! Everything is so great! I haven't tried socks yet and your making me want to learn! Oh, by the way, CJ has mail! :)

I feel like I am going to do a Knit Picks commercial and should be getting and endorsement fee but alas, I am not ( I just wrote a review for several of their yarns on the sock thread)....anyway I used Sock Garden for the mittens and it was 3.99 for a ball. I used one ball for these mitts. I think knit picks stuff is very reasonably priced. Check them out at www.knitpicks.com

Thanks to all who have commented.

By the way...here is my new standard line..

Hi...I am Kimberly and I am a sock-a-holic :socks

Toasty! :manyheart

I've always wanted to try some of that sock yarn.

It's so expensive though! :scared

Great job on your mittens and socks! :cheer

Love those mittens!!! And I cannot believe your son made those socks muchless without a pattern! They are awesome! I'll definately send him an email!!!

I love em! I'll have to send him an email! I absolutely love those mittens in that yarn... what size are they about? Remember, I'm trying to come up with Christmas and birthday presents for 6 kids :lol

Don't tell me we both have a CJ too? Granted, mine is the adopted son of my FBIL, but he DOES call me mama. Eek! More similarities! Just tell me it isn't short for Christopher Jonathan? LOL

Don't forget mine is adopted too :) But alas, he is a Christopher James.

thanks to ALL who have sent messages. CJ really struggles with esteem issues after a lot of abuse and neglect as a small child. He has only been with us for about a year and a half and while we have seen HUGE strides in the right direction, he is still haunted by his past. I haven't seen a smile on his face like the one today in a long long time. Thank you so much.

ooh forgot to add the size of the mittens...I wear a size 5/6 in gloves so...does that help? I am making a pair for each of the kids so I hope to have all different sizes shortly

I love em! I'll have to send him an email! I absolutely love those mittens in that yarn... what size are they about? Remember, I'm trying to come up with Christmas and birthday presents for 6 kids :lol

Don't tell me we both have a CJ too? Granted, mine is the adopted son of my FBIL, but he DOES call me mama. Eek! More similarities! Just tell me it isn't short for Christopher Jonathan? LOL

Go CJ! That's great!

[love the mittens too, Kimberly. :) I love the sock landscape and the sock garden oh and the sock memories and... okay. I am a sock addict just like you. :blush ]

Don't forget mine is adopted too :) But alas, he is a Christopher James.

That was why I said eek, more similarities lol.

thanks to ALL who have sent messages. CJ really struggles with esteem issues after a lot of abuse and neglect as a small child. He has only been with us for about a year and a half and while we have seen HUGE strides in the right direction, he is still haunted by his past. I haven't seen a smile on his face like the one today in a long long time. Thank you so much.

Our CJ was in much the same boat, his parents finally kicked him out when he was 15 - and not for anything he did, rather who he was. He was on his own for about 6 years. We adopted him about a year and a half ago, after taking him in almost two years ago, and he's finally a happy kid. And I say kid meaning he's 22 LOL It was a long time before he would smile instead of flinching. It sounds like our CJs are more similar than I thought.

ooh forgot to add the size of the mittens...I wear a size 5/6 in gloves so...does that help? I am making a pair for each of the kids so I hope to have all different sizes shortly

LOL not a whole lot, gloves never fit me so I have no idea what size I'd wear. Actually, I do know that I wear a 7-8 year old boy's sparring gloves for karate, so I'll await the kids' sizes with much anticipation LOL

Of course, Jack Jr, my 11 yo DFSS, was 5'10 and 180 last time we measured (right around his 11th birthday actually...) so that 5/6 might come in handy (for the younger 5!) :lol

Oh, and what color is the yarn that you used?

WOW! Some day your son will show us a thing or two! way to go CJ. By the way CJ has another email!

Sounds like you have quite a story to share yourself. Would love to sit down with you over a cup of chocolate/strawberry tea from Adagio someday and swap stories.

As for the color.....it's morning Glory. Am really wanting to order Pansy next. Gotta wait until the stitch row counter thingy is back in stock and then watch out...another order will be on it's way....

That was why I said eek, more similarities lol.

Oh, and what color is the yarn that you used?

Love the mittens and socks!!! By the way cj has mail. He really should be very proud!! I am still following patterns after many years of crocheting. Go cj!!

kellyv

Archived