Hands and Feet

Woven N Spun

Sounds like you have quite a story to share yourself. Would love to sit down with you over a cup of chocolate/strawberry tea from Adagio someday and swap stories.

As for the color.....it's morning Glory. Am really wanting to order Pansy next. Gotta wait until the stitch row counter thingy is back in stock and then watch out...another order will be on it's way....

Oh my goodness, chocolate/strawberry tea from Adagio is my absolute favorite. If we're ever in the same area, we'll definitely have to get together. I have a feeling that we could swap stories for days and never run out of things to talk about. :hug

thanks to ALL who have sent messages. CJ really struggles with esteem issues after a lot of abuse and neglect as a small child. He has only been with us for about a year and a half and while we have seen HUGE strides in the right direction, he is still haunted by his past. I haven't seen a smile on his face like the one today in a long long time. Thank you so much.

I admire you... that takes a LOT of patience and love and dedication.- speaking from experience. Sounds like you have a wonderful heart and he is in the right place.

As for the crochet...

those colors turnd out great! i love watching how multi and variagted colors turn out.

I think it's my sons really big feet that really set it off. thank goodness he is finally growing into his head, hands, and feet. We were worried there for awhile :D

Nice socks! Haven't ever made any myself....

For some reason your second pair of socks in "Magic Strips" reminds me of some of Dr Suess's characters...:D

How great that you're teaching your sons to crochet---and that they're actually doing it! Just sent an e-mail to CJ....

One of these days I WILL try making socks, and seeing pictures like yours prods me ever closer. Especially like the little open work detail at the tops; it really compliments the stripey pair.

I just bit the bullet and ordered yarn for mittens for 4 of the kids. I was ordering yarn for an order (:eek Can you believe it? :hook ) so I figured I might as well while I was at it. Looks like we'll both be mittening along, Kimberly! I think I'll send the pillows for their Christmas presents, and then the mittens for their stockings.

I got ranch red wool-ease sport for Kat, and Patons Kroy in Paint Box for Dave, Krazy Stripes for Tim, and Admiral Blue for Jack Jr. I'm not sure what I'll get for Evan and Ally yet, nothing really spoke to me so I figured the time wasn't right.

Links to pics for those who are curious about such things. Oh, I actually remembered to put them in the order I listed them. LOL

http://store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-73078103945512_1850_43690639

http://store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-73078103945512_1850_28217476

http://store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-73078103945512_1847_37848781

http://store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-73078103945512_1847_13307367

Darnit, I just realized I probably should have gotten 2 balls for Jack Jr... if the kid's already 5'10 and 180 (at 11 years old heaven help us), I hate to think what size hands he has to grow into!

Anne, Hey I like some of those colors. Where'd ya order from?

I am going to start a mitten CAL....so anyone want to join, come on over. I am officially half way done with my second pair.

Anne, Hey I like some of those colors. Where'd ya order from?

I am going to start a mitten CAL....so anyone want to join, come on over. I am officially half way done with my second pair.

I got them all from www.knitting-warehouse.com . They have tons of colors of most types of the yarn that they carry, and I'm a sucker for the flat rate shipping :lol

I'm going to have to dig out some of my yarn and start out making a pair for myself for practice I think. I have some Kroy Vista Sea that I got on sale that just might do the trick. Of course, I'm kicking myself like you wouldn't believe for not remembering to order the Winter Eclipse last night when I ordered all the rest. One of the few yarns that I desperately want... *sigh*

Hey, maybe if they really aren't me I can give them to Evan for his pair. Yeah, yeah, I know he's 4. But I think they'd fit! :lol

They look great! I have been dying to try knitpicks sock yarn in garden or landscape. I'm happy to hear how much you like them since I am set on having some!!! Can't wait for the new sock pattern.:cheer

Archived