I love it love it love it

Pumpkinmouse

:spinStep away from the yarn winder:spinStep away from the yarn winder:spin

:roflSorry I couldn't resist. When I first got mine, I think I wound every ball of yarn in the house. Heck, I think I even did some that did not need to be wound.

Just be careful, it can play havic on the arm.

They are fun though.:hook

I got my new Yarn Winder in the mail today and I cant stop winding all my yarn :lol This thing is great....Should have had this thing a long time ago :P

I agree with Mary Jo, it can be addicting, I did the same as she did and as you are doing , congrats on your yarn winder, I love mine too.

BallWinder1.jpg

This is the one I got and MaryJo I was cracking up at your post :lol Yes it is addicting.....I cant believe how much room I am making in my craft room by winding the yarn like this. I can fit more into the cubbies then when leaving them in full skeins...

If you ever thought of getting one I advise you to do so :yes

I guess I'm not sure what they are used for? Or how they work. When I buy yarn they are in skeins and I just pull the yarn out the side of the skein. Never bought any yarn that didn't pull from the inside.

Is the contraption a big contraption? Small? Manual or motorized.

I can be assimulated.

Donna

Hmm...I was wondering about the storage of the wound yarn - thinking that a skein would store better since it's flatter than a ball? But then I read the poster that says she has much more storage room :hook

I'll have to think about this.

ORR..question: just how/what exactly does it wind the yarn into??????

I purchase yarn that pulls from the inside also, but 9 out of 10 times it gets stuck and comes out in a big clump or there is a knot down in the middle of it. And when you get down to the, lets say last 10-15 yards, the stuff knots up. I am going up to Mary Maxim next week and a ball winder is #1 on my list.:hook

I should get mine today!! I ordered it off amazon last week, and I was surprised I didn't get it before now...but it was from a seller not amazon, so I noticed that it's a huge difference in time. But I got my bamboo hooks and my stitch n bitch books!! I got all three! I have been reading them non stop! So much info!

Anyway, I always wanted one, and now I (will) have one!! Someone sent me some yarn and it was wound with a yarn winder and it was SO much easier to use than balls or skeins! That was the moment when I knew I have to have one! lol It doesn't roll around and get caught up in the other color I'm using...it's SO nice! And When I'm knitting I can just stick the needles down inside the skein and keep everything together!

Cna you tell I'm excited? lol

~~Cheri~~

Another poster asked this question, but it hasn't been addressed as far as the answer. I make hats and use 2 strands of yarn, so I have to be able to pull from the center, AND use the outside strand of yarn. What exactly does the yarn winder do? Is the yarn left in a condition where I would be able to use both ends? I appreciate the answers very much in advance.

Blessed Be.

Autumn

Another poster asked this question, but it hasn't been addressed as far as the answer. I make hats and use 2 strands of yarn, so I have to be able to pull from the center, AND use the outside strand of yarn. What exactly does the yarn winder do? Is the yarn left in a condition where I would be able to use both ends? I appreciate the answers very much in advance.

Blessed Be.

Autumn

Yes you still can be able to use both ends of the yarn at the same time from the middle and the outside

I'm very discouraged. I didn't get my winder yet. It was supposed to be here by the 17th. It's officially 3 days late, and that's not counting tomorrow. I told them if I don't get it by monday I'm going to get my money back and leave a bad comment.

They had a 100% positive feedback, so I thought I wouldn't have a problem.

*sigh*

Well, at least this is the only time I've had problems ordering online. I've heard some real bad problems. Hopefully I'll get it today or monday.

~~Cheri~~

~~Cheri~~

I've been wanting a yarn winder too, but I'm wondering: is the winder big enough to get a whole skein wound at one time. They don't look like they would be.

No actually you get two "cakes" from each 7 oz skein, a 3.5 oz skein fits perfectly. I love using the "cakes" instead of skeins. I took aol my balls and wound them into "cales to use on a scrap blanket, so much better thasn using all those little balls.

Archived