I love it love it love it

Pumpkinmouse

I love my winder. Larger craft stores have them in stock or you can order them online. I ordered mine from Herrschners when it was on sale. The ball winder will wind a 4 oz ball or cake of worsted weight yarn. To give you an idea of the size of the cakes, most would fit into a margarine tub (15 oz size) You might have to stuff it in a bit, depending on the yarn. I've used my winder to combine different yarns, especially lighter weight yarns or a worsted weight yarn with #5 cotton thread. Makes it much easier than having 2 or 3 different strands, pulling them all so your tension is even & keeping them all untangled.

This is a picture of what the umbrella swift does - It's especially great for spinners or hand dyed yarns. It opens out- starts small but gets wider. Remember those shows that had someone with the yarn around their hands and someone else winding it into a ball? That's what this does. If you bought a hank of yarn instead of a skein or ball, you can slip a hank of yarn on, then adjust the swift so the yarn fit securely by opening the swift more. You can leave the yarn as a hank & work from there (awkward) or wind it into balls. I have one of these too but I don't use it nearly as much as the winder.

WW710023.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
i just ordered the same one from joannes with coupon it was $17 cant wait to get it my g/f lend me hers she has the blue smaller one and im having fun

Coupon? I'd love to know how you got it for that price. I'm trying to apply the 40% off coupon. It won't apply it to the sale price but to the regular price which brings it down to $20.39 before shipping.

I just ordered one off of ebay. I'm soooo excited. It cost about double what you'd pay for one at joanns (40.00 with shipping) but I think the quality is alot better though. My old boss had one like the one I ordered and I really enjoyed using it. Very well built.

Julee

Archived