Winter is Coming – 14” CPK baby PDF added

darski

Winter is Coming – 14” CPK baby :pinterest

the PDF is here:winter is coming.pdf

post-4896-135897740839_thumb.jpg

This set uses WW yarn that is much finer than usual. Both of my colours were Mill ends so I can’t give much info about them. I used a small amount of yarn and a 3.75mm hook for ribbing and 4.mm hook for the rest of the sweater.

Note: DNBO means Do not break off.

post-4896-135897740843_thumb.jpg

Sweater
…worked from the neck down

Neck Ribbing: ch 5 and work 4 stitch Back Loop only ribbing for 59 rows. Join the two ends with sc and DNBO.

Row 1:Turn ribbing and work a sc into the top of each row of ribbing. Add in 1 extra stitch somewhere so that you have 60 stitches when finished.

Row 2: hdc in 9, ch 1, hdc in 12, ch 1, hdc in 18, ch 1, hdc in 12, ch 1, hdc in last 9. Join

Row 3 -4 : hdc in every hdc and work V-st [hdc, ch1, hdc] in every chain 1 space. Secure red but DNBO. Attach Blue.

Rows 5& 6: hdc in every hdc and V-st in V-st. secure blue but DNBO. Pick up Red.

Row 7: repeat previous row in Red.

Row 8: hdc up to and into the first V-st. skip to next V-st. (sleeve), hdc up to and into the next V-st. skip to next V (sleeve) hdc to end and join, Secure red but DNBO. Pick up blue.

Row 9 – 10: Work evenly in hdc. Break off blue. Secure and tidy ends. Pick up Red.

Row 11: Work evenly in hdc in red

Row 12 -13: FP ribbing… alternate hdc/FPdc around and join. Break off and tidy away all ends.
Sleeves: work hdc around sleeve holes maintaining the established stripes and FP ribbing to end – it only takes one blue set .

post-4896-135897740846_thumb.jpg

Add any trims if you wish. My continuing fixation on buttons and beads goes on unabated but I blame Dora for all of that. :wlol

Snowpants…

post-4896-135897740851_thumb.jpg

With Blue and 5mm hook…

Row 1: Make a ¼ “ elastic waistband and work 50 sc around the elastic and join.

Row 2 – 6: dc evenly and join.

Row 7: 2dc in 1st stitch, dc in 23 [2dc in next stitch] twice, dc to last stitch, 2 dc in last, join.(54 dc)

Row 8: work as row 7 with the increases at Centre Front and Centre Back. (58 dc)
Form crotch by joining the stitches at CF and CB.

Legs: work each leg in dc for 4 rows. Work a row of sc in red on the left leg and in blue on the right leg. Finish with another row of dc then work the gathering-in row with [hdc in 2, hdc dec} around. Break off and tidy all ends.

Ear Flap Hat…

post-4896-135897740848_thumb.jpg

With red and 5mm hook (join all rows)

Chain 8 and work Back Loop ribbing over 7 stitches for 52 rows (or as many as you need to fit your doll’s head.) join the two ends with sc DNBO. Ch 1 and begin to work sc in the ends of each row. Add in 2 extra stitches so that you end up with 54 stitches. (or as needed)

Row 2: hdc evenly around.

Row 3: [hdc in 2, hdc dec next] around however it may work out.. Secure Red but DNBO. Attach blue.

Row 4: with blue repeat row 3 then break off blue and tidy ends. Pick up Red.

Row 5: with red, [hdc in 1, hdc dec] around.

Row 6: Repeat row 5 and break off leaving a goodly sized tail. Gather all stitches together and pull tightly. Secure yarn and tidy all ends. Put a pom-pom on the top of the hat. I think this hat really needs that pom-pom as a finishing touch. but of course it is up to you..

Earflaps and ties… these are worked over 5 stitches so work out your placement based on your little one’s head.

Row 1: hdc in 5

Row 2: hdc dec, hdc, hdc dec.

Row 3: work a sc double decrease over the 3 stitches then chain 35. hdc in 2nd ch from hook and secure yarn. Tidy all ends.

The ‘boots’ I used in these pictures are part of the “Church on Sunday” Pattern and is available separately… If I have it typed up by now. :wlol

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2008

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897740779_thumb.jpg

Oh No - not another pattern that I just have to make !!! You kill me Darski, my nieces love you so much.

Seriously, it is yet another gorgeous pattern to add to the list of projects to do.

Note to self - buy more ink for printer !!

Thank you so much for the CPK patterns! I've been trying to adapt your great Dora patterns - this is better. One of these days, I'll find a Dora doll. Thanks again - you have a wonderful talent & generous spirit!

• 7 years later...

Archived