Does this sound right?

That is disgusting and unsafe.

Bleeeeaaah!!!! ***full body shiver while gagging****

:eek:eek:eek:eekThat's the dumbest thing I've heard all week!:eek:eek:eek:eek

and this has been the week of me walking around saying "Oh, this/that is so stupid!"

That takes the cake for the week! What is she thinking?!?!?!?!?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy. Only 9 months old! And she wants a choking hazard?

All infant toys do not have anything that could potentially come off. No matter HOW you tie tassels there is a potential risk of them coming off at some point. I can't believe she was that rude about it. That's just over the top.

The poor, poor baby.

Well she replied.

" Well the only thing to worry about is you not making the blanket safe, if you knew what you were doing you wouldn't be worried of the tassels falling off"

Ouch pretty rude eh? I simply emailed her back with about a dozen child safety links that say tassels are unsafe and simply said find someone else to help potentially kill your child"

I know I was rude and horrible but geez...

Her answer right there would be enough for me to say a loud NO. Mayb ethis sounds paranoid of me to say, BUT, for someone's reply to be the way hers was, that sounds like someone who would blame the maker of a blanket, if her kid chokes or dies.:thumbdown

I also emailed my friend (this women is a friend of my friends, if that makes sense) and fwd her the emails. I told her outright what I told the lady.

So there are no hard feelings between me and my friend and I hope I never hear from this other lady again.

I hope the next person she asks is smart enough to say no as well.

:eek After the reply that she gave you in return, there would be no way I would make a blanket for her now, even without the fringe!

I am currently pregnant and due to have my second child in October. My first child who is now 7 years old, never ever had any blankets with fringe on them! And my second child will not have any blankets with fringe on either!

Plus I agree with everyone else---EEWWW!!! That is just plain unsanitary and gross to let a child suck on tassles!

I think that is totally gross :yuck!!! There are little (2' sq.) blankies out there with special "tags" of various sizes/textures all around the edges. I've seen babies play/chew on those and thought it was gross :yuck. Don't do it!

Ellie 13

:eekI am choking just thinking about how stupid some people can be.:eek

:thinkMaybe this mother does not still have the brains she was born with.:think

What is wrong with a pacifier "Dummy" as we call them?

My kids had them and came to absolutely no harm.

I also have a Grandaughter, nearly 5, who sucks her thumb when she is tired ana she is fine too.

Thankfully, none of my children or Grandchildren have become attached to a blanket or toy but I know if they did, there is no way I would put fringe on so they could suck on it.

:eekI am gagging again, just writing the words.:eek

I am so glad you chose not to do as requested by this irresponsible parent.

:cheerYou may have saved that childs life by talking sense to the mother so maybe you are a hero.:cheer

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

EWWWW!!! I just had a vision of the kid yakking up a yarn hairball!

Gross!

:hook Colleen

Too funny! I was thinking that this kid is probably full of fiber! Maybe I should start sucking on yarn to get my daily fiber!

I read all the replies AFTER I posted and wanted to add.....Be happy that you had the sense to say NO! Wow...Don't you all just wonder sometimes how some of these young babies/kids survive their first few years with idiots for parents??

Not to mention that babies that age aren't even supposed to have BLANKETS in their cribs with them - much less tassels to chew/choke on...

I feel sorry for the baby...you did the right thing

I agree that it is a definite choking hazard. I don't do tassels at all (no patience for them either).

My 6 month old chews on her blankets and the cloth burp/wash clothes I make for her, but she's teething like crazy and I have a nice little stash of them just for this purpose(not big on the ick factor) so she isn't picky about a certain one so they can all hit the washer, but one, whenever I do laundry.

Just politely decline the tassles saying you are not comfortable with them because they are a choking hazard.

I don't think you were rude at all. I think that woman was rude beyond.

Good for you that you said no.

Some people are just not right in the head. It seems to me that she got offended and lashed out at you.

How rude that she said that after you pointed out the danger.

She was probably being defensive because you were being more cautious than she was about her own baby. Good for you, for saying no to tassels!

Even if the tassels were secure & didn't come off, the baby could still choke on them if one got down their throat. Poor baby for having a careless mommy!

Archived