Groovy Crochet Capelet

princsstrish

Finally I have something to show! I finished up one of my big projects.

th_100_0584.jpg

th_100_0581.jpg

th_100_0583.jpg

I used THIS pattern. Yarn used was 1350 YPP Rayon Chenille in a Winterish White that I got off of Ebay. I used a J TOTC hook. It was so much fun to do. The recipient is my friend Erin and I hope she likes it. She said her grandmother used to crochet her capelets to wear in bed while reading. This definitely fits the bill. It drapes around your shoulders and stays there so you don't have to keep adjusting it. The fringe is done with love knots. That was a first for me but I didn't have too much trouble with them!

That's always been one of my favorites from the Groovy site. You did an awesome job on it.

I've had my eye on this pattern for a long time. . .I even made a mini one to test it out.

Your's is gorgeous!! I think the chenelle is a great choice and I know your friend will treasure it.

Great job, Trish! ( the love knot fringe is a terrific choice--I love that stitch).

~ DAWN

Thank you all for you kind comments. It's going to be hard to give it away!!!! I just might have to make one for myself in a pink chenille :) or maybe purple. MMMM yummy.

the love knot fringe is in the pattern believe it or not!!!

Archived