Lovely Package from Crochetville Friend Pics added

I wanted to post a public thank you and celebration in a more trafficked spot than the Wishing Well to show off what a generous 'VIlle friend I have :D

I received a gorgeous box of goodies two days ago (and Quarantine opened it :lol they must have had a heck of a time closing it up again! :lol)

th_DSC04154.jpg

Dorothysgirls read on my wish list that I'd love samples of popular American yarns for purposes of substituting for them here in Oz... she thought, well, if she'd like a sample card - she'd probably like a skein even better :D. So, she vacuum packed 3 vacuum bags full of yarn for me :faint (I wonder if they looked like drugs on the scanner, maybe that is why quarantine opened them :rofl "Hmmmm :think Joe, I don't think this is heroin... it seems to be turquoise...and ...shiny...")

th_DSC04156.jpg

She also included 4 steel hooks in sizes I did not have along with a raft of thread patterns for doilies and :flakes and :angels! She asked me if there was anything I'd like from the States that was not on my wish list and I said some aluminum J and K hooks would be nice, :2magic and there they were :D along with 2 really cool cylindrical cases with 3 clover soft handled plastic hooks in various sizes up to N (so I can try some of those bulky yarn, big hook patterns...)

th_DSC04157.jpg

Also included were some yummies for me (Reeses Pieces - she had to pierce the bag to let out the air so they would fit :lol) and 10 of her daughters' well-loved books for my (very appreciative) 5 yo daughter (plus Wyoming postcards :D) - thank you, Taylor Lynn!

Pics of the crochet goodies to follow later today when I manage to upload and post them! (Books have disappeared to my daughter's room and candy has been opened and partially consumed and stashed in the pantry :blush)...

:hug:manyheart:ty

Big thanks!

Lucky YOU!!!

Dorothysgirls is my best friend - we talk on the phone all the time - IMHO, she totally ROCKS!!! She is such a loving, giving, selfless person!! I am honored to call her my friend!

That is soooo awesome!!! I am soooo happy for you!

Isnt it amazing how she can stuff soooooo much in such a little space....her boxes that she has sent me NEVER cease to amaze me! I would have loved to see the expression on the quarentine peoples faces when they opened that box - how on earth they got it all back in there is beyond me....good thing they didnt open one of the vacuum bags...picture them accidentally opening a HUGE raft (the inflatable kind) that's how it would have been - would have loved to be a mouse in the corner for that one!!! LOL!!!

I am so very glad that you all enjoyed all of your goodies. I to am glad that they didn't try to open the bags that were in the box. :devil:devil I never thought about them running it through a scanner to see what was in the box. :oops:lol I can only imagine how it looked when they did that. :rofl . Taylor is also glad that the kids like the books.

Wow!! That was some kind of stash you got!! Hope you have fun with all your goodies. (by the way, I was noticing your snowflake/angel crochet booklet--I have the same book here, I had planned on making some snowflakes for last years Christmas tree, never got around to it--maybe this year??):think Happy Crocheting!! :hook

Those soft handles clover crochet hooks, they have been a God send for me and my hand!! :lol:hook

YOUR Best Friend??? She's MY best friend dude.....okay she's both our best friend lol. Yeah I got a package from her one time and it had one of those vaccumed packs in it and of course my dog got it and bit into it and man you should've seen how big it got after that, I myself had to go "Whoa!" lol. It had two huge balls of the Joanns Boucle in it and a full skein of Red Heart Soft Yarn and that skein isn't so small either. Yeah Dorothy is awesome isn't she? I want to be like her when I grow up.

See!.....Now thats what I want to do for someone. Let them be having a rotten time for whatever reason and BAM....out of nowhere a boxfull of goodies. Your a blessed girl and I think its awesome what she did for you. I hope to one day be that cool:hug

I am so very glad that you all enjoyed all of your goodies. I to am glad that they didn't try to open the bags that were in the box. :devil:devil I never thought about them running it through a scanner to see what was in the box. :oops:lol I can only imagine how it looked when they did that. :rofl . Taylor is also glad that the kids like the books.

What a lovely person you are to be so generous to your online buddies. It made me feel good to read this thread and see so many positive things that others said about you and your true self shines through. I don't know you but I know I like you :D God Bless You.

Dorothy that was so kind of you to send a surprise package. You are one shinning star.

Thank you to all those saying lovely things about me :blush:2blush, you are all too kind.

Thanks to all who have commented on Dorothy's generosity as well, as that was what I wanted to highlight here :manyheart.

:clap:cheer

Now to concentrate on my Games challenge (must ignore the call of the lovely :yarn... and hooks and patterns... :P)...

:hugs to all!

What a lovely person you are to be so generous to your online buddies. It made me feel good to read this thread and see so many positive things that others said about you and your true self shines through. I don't know you but I know I like you :D God Bless You.

I am starting to think that we need to start a "WE LOVE DOROTHYSGIRLS" fan club...our ranks are growing stronger each day!!

I may be prejudiced because she is truly the best friend ever (thanks to this forum, or i never would have met her)!! She is soooo giving and soooo kind, and funnier than anything. Get her on a role and you could laugh til you wet yourself.

Just wanted to pop in again and say I am soooo glad you received your package all in one piece - I know she was worried about it.

I am sure when the games are over you are going to have a blast with all your new fun stuff!:hook

Archived