County Fair Entries. UPDATED with results pics post #18 (IMG Heavy!)

Well, I just got back from dropping off my county fair entries. I entered 9 blankets this year. In our county, you can enter two per category, so I have 2 in solid color, 2 in baby, 2 in ripple, 1 in lacey or fancy, 1 in multicolor and 1 in granny square. Judging is tomorrow, so here's hoping they do well! I'm going to go to the judging because I love to see how the judges work. Plus they judge the quilters at the same time and some of their work is just unbelievably beautiful. I love to get crochet ideas from some of their patterns ;)!

Thanks to everyone who shares patterns here. Some of your patterns are on that table for tomorrow. You ladies are the BEST!! :manyheart

I hope to update tomorrow if I get all the results! Keep your fingers crossed!

:hook Colleen

Good for you! I hope you do well. Keep us posted. Our building is closed that day of judging. I would sure like to be there for it. I'd like to be able to hear what they say of each item. Sometimes, they scribble a few words on the back of the entrance card, but not always.

You are lucky to be there for judging.

:manyheart

So I went to the judging and it was very interesting again. The judge there is happy to talk when she's done judging the category and tell you what she's looking for so the info helps!

It wasn't my best year, but I have nothing to complain about!

Second and third place in Solid Color

Second place Ripple

Second place Granny Square

Frist Place Lacy or Fancy

First and Second Place Baby Afghan

and....

Best of Show Overall! :yay

Pictures when the display is up. The were still just piled on the tables when I left.

Thanks for all the support!

Colleen

Great job. Can't wait to see your pics.

Some years are better than others. But now you have the knowledge of what the judge is looking for and you can do that in your creations for next year.

My year was kind of off too. But now I know that the judge looks for natural fibers, certain stitches,etc. So Next year will be better.

:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

I got my blankets back!

Here are some pics. I hope you can see the details.

pic?id=5490riuOQ5BDyJX5xAhydcm9avFJmRHJWAH3&size=mFirst place solid color. Best of Show State and County. This pic came out so dark you can't see the beads well.

pic?id=5490riuOQ5BDyJX5xAhydcm9ain5SX04KKDF&size=mDetail of the beads on the fans.

pic?id=5490riuOQ5BDyJX5xAhydcm9avtKE3p7rLHI&size=mSecond Place granny square

pic?id=5490riuOQ5BDyJX5xAhydcm9am4bulyTDFlW&size=mSecond place ripple

pic?id=5490riuOQ5BDyJX5xAhydcm9aosr47Pdtckl&size=mSecond Place solid color. My sister got this horrible color yarn on a clearance rack. We dubbed it orange nausea!

pic?id=5490riuOQ5BDyJX5xAhydcm9ahUhAzMS4oqO&size=mSecond Place Baby Afghans. It's actually a christening blanket for my sister's new baby. I don't think you can see all the crystal beading, but it's a heavy blanket.

pic?id=5490riuOQ5BDyJX5xAhydcm9auVnaUSqpRRf&size=mCorner detail. I wish you could see the beads better.

pic?id=5490riuOQ5BDyJX5xAhydcm9ao-yO5Iz65lp&size=mFirst place Baby Afghan

pic?id=5490riuOQ5BDyJX5xAhydcm9ajVhsvKx6WmO&size=mThird place solid color

Thanks for looking!

:hookColleen

Wow!!

CONGRATULATIONS, for sure! You did a fantastic job, and I bet the beading makes them look amazing. I really love the granny one; first place must have been a wonder, because your's is gorgeous!!

:cheer:crocheting:cheer

Very, very beautiful work. Apart from Krystal's daisy which I recognise, can you tell us where the patterns are from?

Ok, let's see. The best of show one is a combo of a couple different patterns, but the edging and the first place baby afghan are from the Terry Kimbrough Best of Baby Afghans, Exquisite.

The ripple pattern came from the Bernat website.

Orange Nausea is just a pattern I stuck together to be able to work with that horrible homespun yarn.

The teal third place is from the Leisure Arts Quick and Cozy Afghans, Heather Lace (but if I did that one again, I's use a smaller hook. Too stretchy.)

The beaded christening blanket is from Leisure Arts Contest Favorites Baby Afghans, Heirloom Treasure. I didn't put on the ribbon the pattern calls for since I beaded it and I thought it didn't need ribbon.

I also did a couple others that didn't place. I did the Desert Star from the Happy Yellow House website (the judge didn't even look twice at it. I was really surprised at that!) and the Aggie May round ripple which the judge didn't like at all. Said she thought RR look like a tablecloth so it must be in the wrong category. *sigh* Hope she likes what I do better next year!

Thanks for asking!

:hookColleen

Archived