I Don't Love This Yarn

ARRGGHHH! I tried to start the center pull of FOUR different skeins of I Love This Yarn and on each of them I pulled out about half the skein from the middle! :-(

Is this typical of ILTY, or did I get some bad skeins?

That has happened to me with my last two Pounds of Love and, trust me, you don't want half of that whopper to come out just to locate the end. In fact, with the last skein I never did find the end, or is it the beginning? I crocheted an entire baby afghan by unwinding from the outside. Talk about tedious!!!

that happens with all yarns sometimes, when they wind it at the factory sometimes it is wound to tight hence having to pull a big amount . i seldom have this problem of to much yarn as i crochet really fast(i've been called speed demon when crocheting , i really do it fast when im mad or upset) but i can see where this would be agrevating to some. im sorry your having that problem maybe as someone else said you got a bad batch, i have not ever had that problem with the i love this yarn alot with red heart though:think:think:think hope it works out for you:hug:hug:hug

OH,sorry!! My daughter sent me some from Georgia.

I was happily amazed at how each center yarn was neatly tucked around the outside down into the wrapper ,,, unlike Red Heart

So far I really like working with that yarn.

I've never seen ILTL out here,, has anyone in calif???

its only sold at hobby lobby so unless you have one there your out of luck unless your like me who has friends from the ville willing to send it to me:D:D:D

OH,sorry!! My daughter sent me some from Georgia.

I was happily amazed at how each center yarn was neatly tucked around the outside down into the wrapper ,,, unlike Red Heart

So far I really like working with that yarn.

I've never seen ILTL out here,, has anyone in calif???

its only sold at hobby lobby so unless you have one there your out of luck unless your like me who has friends from the ville willing to send it to me:D:D:D

I'm always out of luck or time!!! We don't have those here. That's why they have to drag :blushme out of the one in Georgia when we go see the kids.

:yesYou/we always need more yarn mythunderbird

:Dyour good friends here know this and keep ya :hook'ed up!!!:c9

haha

I don't love this yarn for anything. Regardless of whether it pulls out of the center of the skein or not. I think I am about the only one who doesn't love it!!!!!!!:lol:lol:lol HL is right across the street from me and I have access to it and I hate it :yes:yes:yes. I bought of a few skeins of it, started a ghan, got halfway thru it and frogged it cause I didn't like it :lol. So, I have been trying to use it for squares that I mail out just to get rid of it. Needless to say I won't be buying anymore of it:lol. :devil

I don't love this yarn for anything. Regardless of whether it pulls out of the center of the skein or not. I think I am about the only one who doesn't love it!!!!!!!:lol:lol:lol HL is right across the street from me and I have access to it and I hate it :yes:yes:yes. I bought of a few skeins of it, started a ghan, got halfway thru it and frogged it cause I didn't like it :lol. So, I have been trying to use it for squares that I mail out just to get rid of it. Needless to say I won't be buying anymore of it:lol. :devil

Just curious but what is it about this yarn that you dislike so much? It is one of my favorites and use it ALOT!

Just curious but what is it about this yarn that you dislike so much? It is one of my favorites and use it ALOT!

My mom doesn't like using it because she has tactile issues, but I like it. My grandma loves it and she does lots of squares too.:c9

I haven't had that problem either, and I have used quite a bit of it. I hope you just got a bad batch and that any others you use don't do that. I hate that! :D I made an afghan with 15 balls of Vanna's Choice, and that happened with all but one of them. It drove me nuts. Luckily, they are smaller, so it didn't turn into a huge mess.

Word of advice do what I do: I check each skein as I put it in my cart for

the center pull yarn if I can't find it it goes back on the shelf and I check the

next skein. No kidding I really do! :yes the lady in the yarn dept. and I have got to become good friends. :rofl

I haven't had that problem with the ILTY...I've had 4 or 5 skeins of it and never had a problem. The Caron pounders are bad about that, in my opinion. I LOVE those things though, so I deal with it. :lol

I just bought my first batch of it, about 26 skeins of it. The first one had no center pull to be found, so I just worked from the outside. I like it better than RHSS, it seems softer. Although it was a pain to work from the outside, I just figured it would have to do, because the nearest Hobby Lobby is a long plane ride away. I figured it was worth it, because I loved the color (high sierra stripe) and it made some really fun hats. I am trying to get 6 bins of inventory done before the fall craft shows, and fall farmers markets come around. I have about 2 1/2 now, so I figure hats and scarves out of ILTY will make great additions. Plus they are great small projects for the summer months when afghans are hot to work on.

Well, to me it isn't as easy to work with as RHSS. It just seems extremely flimsy and splits really bad (like SS, which I don't care to much for either) and doesn't seem to hold it's shape very well. A very dear friend, laughs and carries on every time I crochet with this mess of stuff they call yarn because I moan and groan and complain the whole time I am crocheting with it. Although, it is soft, I just don't like working with it.

I have not had a problem with it either. With only smaller Joanns and Michaels (with limited yarn) around, I use ILTY all the time. There are other yarns I like, but none available locally and none at that price point. You can buy it at HL or you can get it online. Wait until it goes on sale for 1.87 and shipping is free if over $25. That is 14 skeins to be exact...but who is counting?

lol....Debbie

uwcheese

I'm only just using this for the first time and have been thru just 3 skeins so far but I have no complaints. I'd trade my RHSS stash in a minute for this yarn, except, I NEED MORE COLORS! :hook

LOL not me. I think I will stick with my RHSS. I think too another issue with the ILTY is that their colors are not as pretty, as I am a big fan of variegated yarn and ILTY tries to make variegated colors similar to the RHSS they just aren't as pretty to me. Oh well, I am glad that most of you like it and that just means more of it for all of you cuz I won't buy anymore:lol:lol.

My HL gal told me that they are coming out with about 6 new colors this month and in the future new colors are to be added each month. I also found that it comes in sport weight now. HL also has it on sale this week for $1.99 a skein and if there is a color I need I can order it this week and pay the sale price. There goes my paycheck.:eek

Archived