Oddest Use for Crochet Hook

Steel hooks are also good for picking push button locks on bathroom doors when your kids push the button and then close the door from the outside.

(I also use hooks to reach itches on my back-- kinda gross too)

I have a friend that doesn't crochet but owns a hook. I asked her why? She said it was to attach her hair extentions to her own hair.

As for myself, I am vertically challanged, so have used a double sided crochet (Q or P) hook to move a box closer to the edge of the shelf to be able to grab it.

If I don't watch my husband closely, he scratches his ears with my hooks...definitely gross. He says he's "lubing them up" for me...I say thanks, but no thanks...no lube needed. EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:eek:eek

I've used a steel hook to clean out the blades on my paper shredder when it gets clogged. Works great.

MAKE SURE YOU UNPLUG IT BEFORE TRYING THIS!!! :P

If I don't watch my husband closely, he scratches his ears with my hooks...definitely gross. He says he's "lubing them up" for me...I say thanks, but no thanks...no lube needed. EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:eek:eek

:lol cracked me up! men!:lol

well I use my hooks to get small wires and stuff through openings that fingers cant reach!

I've used them in my classroom to string up decorations. A small steel one works well.

I won't do it barefooted again. I actually stepped on one and it ended up impaled in the ball of my foot, about half an inch. Ended up in the ER. So now I wear shoes when decorating, even on a hot day.

:manyheart

I used a .75mm hook to fish an empty cartridge out of my fountain pen.

For some reason it wouldn't come out. Tried shaking. Tried flushing.

Stabbed it with crochet hook and pulled. Voila!

Manda

A couple of years ago I was putting up those leaf guard things that you can get in a home improvement store over my gutters and I needed to attach them together with cable ties which kept flopping away from me. The only way I could grab the ties through the slots was to use a crochet hook. Worked great.

LI Roe

I keep a small steele one in the bathroom to clean out the drain. Works like a charm. Before I got into the craft, I had one to pull loose ends of sweaters back to the inside. I keep one in my desk at work. It's great for poking into hard to reach spaces.

I've got you ALL beat! :D I posted a thread here on C'ville some time ago (six months, maybe?) about surgeons who use crochet hooks in surgery.

I was rushing around trying to get ready and could not find my nail clippers to clean finger nails and toe nails. I grabbed a small thread crochet hook, and it worked great. Okay, that was my unusual, not to mention semi-gross, use of a hook. Anyone else willing to confess?

I have to confess I've used it on my feet, too! I have a tendency to get hang nails if I'm not careful. If I cut a toenail too close, I'll use a steel hook under the edge of my toenail to keep it from growning into the skin. :hook

Lets see, ive used my hooks to clean hair brushes,

pull hair through a tipping cap,

fixing shoes and other odd items my darling sister asks me to fix

scratching at my scar down the back of my neck

I have used it for a lot of stuff, but not ears. My favorite is a doubled ended hook makes a great back scratcher. I had the equipment guy for our local professional hockey team ask me for a small one. He uses it for knots, to thread things through something. It is part of his equipment he takes on the road. :hook

Building bicepts. I've been using Diplohookticus Jimbosei (check my blog) for upper body freeweight exercise. Its also been suggested that it be used for the "Caber Toss", but that ain't gonna happen.

I *just* today used an afghan hook to pull a clogging dust-bunny out of my vacuum hose.

BTDT. Mom used an afghan hook to pull elastic waist bands and "hoodie" strings through (I never knew it was for crochet then :lol).

Ellie 13

I use the butt end of an old size 7 hook to help re-glue the strands of my berber rugs when doggie's toenails snag them occasionally. (use super glue, it works like a charm and no one can tell it's glued!!

Archived