Crochet World Subscription for $9.00

I couldn't resist...I just ordered both crochet mags & 17 issues of woman's day & with the coupon/code for 20% off entire order...My total was only $15.20!!!!!!! I'm still thinking these offers are too good to be true..but I couldn't pass it up if it's real. I guess we'll just wait & see.

I don't know about this site. I do know I've gotten many subscriptions to magazines free through other sites.

They can afford to do this because advertisers or some other sponser actually pays the subscription.

Magazines I've gotten for free include:

Family Fun - 1 year

Shape - 1 year

TV Guide - 1 year

Best Life (for my husband) - 2 years

USA Today (newspaper for my husband) - 6 months

Prevention - 1 year

Shop Etc. (it went out of production and then sent me a couple Marie Claire as replacements) - 6 months

At least three other magazines that I can't think off right now.

:)

I have a question. I'm new to using paypal & I was wondering if this is a scam, can we report it to paypal? Is there any action that can be taken if this is a scam...or do you just eat the $$?

I also used pay pal. I know other poeple who use this and I do not feel it is a scam. I also getting free ones from otherr sites like a previous poster stated. I am all for free stuff and am always looking for it. I get for free: Parents, Redbook, Parenting that i can remember.

I've gotten "parents" free since I was prego with DD (now 4) and they know it and haven't quit! I rarely read much of it. On ebay you can find mags cheap too...I got 4 years of Family Fun for like 12 bucks. (they oopsed...I'm getting two issues for a few months. go fig)

But I never saw crochet mags on ebay so thanks for the link...I can extend my subscription at that price.

Expect to wait a while to get it...it took just over two months for Fam Fun to get started coming.

btw, many (most?) are legit...the sponsers (and market researchers) pay for the cost...the bulk of the cost is paid for by the advertising, so that's how sometimes we can get great deals. I would think if they're not legit, though, that you'd have some recourse...maybenot money back, but you certainly should be able to report them to paypal.

HTH

I have heard that there can be issues with sites like this if you ever have trouble with your subscription. Depending on how the site processes the subscriptions with the magazine, the information about your subscription could be in the site's name or in your name. If in your name, you can deal with the magazine company directly. If in the site's name, you'd have to contact the site if you had any subscription problems (missing issues, change of address, etc.).

Make sure you use the code "JUNE" at check out to get the extra 20% off your order (no minimum purchase required)--after June 30 the code switches to "JULY" but magazine prices are going up b/c their costs did.

Also it says if you order a magazine from the "Specials" category you automatically get a 2nd year for free. They will renew it for you.

I am hoping tonight to be able to order CW along with Rachael Ray--heck at $4 and another 20%, can't go wrong. And should anything come up, can file with PayPal to get refund.

if you use paypal and there is a disput they go to bat for you, this happened to me when i had ordered from someone and they never came thru so i contacted paypal and within a few days had my account credited

is why i use it for everything:yes:yes:yes:yes

• 2 months later...

I did indeed order a few magazines after responding above on June 27. I can't remember now but I think I ordered around 6 magazines and between the discount, the 'specials' page, and an additional 20% I spent around $14.00.

The site said to allow up to 12 weeks for subscriptions to begin, which is normal from all other magazines I've ever had. I've been watching closely because it's been around 6 weeks, and today I received my first magazine! (Shhh...I'm even happier that it wasn't one of DH's or family's magazines; it's my first Quick & Easy Crochet magazine LOL.)

So far so good! I just wanted to report that in case anyone was wondering about if this works or not. I paid with PayPal so wasn't really concerned anyway since they take care of anything that goes wrong. But we're off to a good start!

I couldn't resist...I just ordered both crochet mags & 17 issues of woman's day & with the coupon/code for 20% off entire order...My total was only $15.20!!!!!!! I'm still thinking these offers are too good to be true..but I couldn't pass it up if it's real. I guess we'll just wait & see.

Todays special for the Womens day magazine is 3 years for $5.00

Better homes and gardens 5 years for 30.00

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I haven't received anything else and they haven't responded to emails and it's past time for the others so I went ahead and filed a fraud report. We have a family emergency and though it was very little money I don't have much patience left right now to deal with anything and am not online much any more, but wanted to give a heads up.

I have not received any of the mags I ordered either. I placed my order on June 25th, so there's been plenty of time to get at least 1 mag. I've tried emailing...no response. When I tried to file a dispute with paypal, it said i couldn't! I know it was "only" $15...but that's a good chunk of change these days....DH had to have surgery & is unable to work for 4 - 12 weeks.

Has anyone received their mags? Any suggestions on what I may have done wrong filing my dispute??? (it was my first time).

HI everyone!

I too ordered Crochet! magazine subscription on 8/8/08, I have yet to receive anything and no answer to two of my e-mails....I hope they aren't a scam, because I went in and also got Rachael Ray Sub for $2....has any one either gotten their magazines or been scammed??

Thanks,

Kim

Not sure about the site listed but I can say that I have ordered from

http://discountmagazines.com/v2/mag_cat_a_l_2.php at least 3 times.. I have ordered the crochet and crochet world at discount prices (not quiet as low as the site you listed) but I DID receive my magazines.. NO complaints with this site...

I just got a response...finally from Lowpricesubs. I had e-mailed them twice.

I told them that they should start responding to the people who have e-mailed them as I have friends here on this site too are wondering were their magazines are.

Please keep me posted if you get your magazines or not.

I contacted Crochet! magazine to see if they could help us...that was yesterday and I haven't heard anything....I wonder if they are connected with Lowpricesubs because today I got a response from them.

If I do not get my magazines, I will take different measures, whether it be going to a TV station and ousting them or what....I know in the town where I live, they will take just about any story and air it, so hey, why not try it...it is how they keep us consumers safe while shopping online.

Thanks,

Kim

Archived