Annie's Attic Free pattern 06/3/08

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is the first knitted pattern I've seen for free pattern of the day since I started checking this site daily and I've been doing so for about 4 years...

It's a fabulous bag, I am probably going to have to knit me one. I really like it. :)

Blessed Be.

I think I read where it's considered to be an easy pattern. It looks like a really pretty bag! I might just have to learn how to knit if they're going to be putting up patterns like this one. :lol

Yes it is knit. Someone goofed and put up an incorrect pattern. I don't know if it will make any difference, but I sent a message to the Webmaster stating the problem. Maybe someone will change it today to a crochet pattern.

Why is it odd that it is a knitting pattern? I don't see anywhere on the web site that the free pattern is supposed to be exclusivly crochet. Annie's sells knitting patterns too...... Also, just because the pattern states crochet yarn....why can't you knit with it?

Why is it odd that it is a knitting pattern? I don't see anywhere on the web site that the free pattern is supposed to be exclusivly crochet. Annie's sells knitting patterns too...... Also, just because the pattern states crochet yarn....why can't you knit with it?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they're expanding their free patterns to appeal to a variety of people. They might even put up plastic canvas or other patterns because their catalog has a lot of different craft patterns in it.

Maybe they figure it's so popular with crocheters, they decided to branch out.

Debbi

This is the first knit pattern I've seen on Annie's Attic freebies. Nice that they're trying to reach different crafters. :) The only ones I'm interested in are CROCHET, lol. I guess we've had our fair share of free patterns over the years. Time to share the happiness with other crafters.

I've noticed that quite a few of Annie's Attic and freepatterns.com patterns have come from Crochet World or Hooked on Crochet magazine.

I love this pattern, and since my in-knitter came out of hiding yesterday I'm all excited, the pattern is very simple knit-wise :woo

I agree that there is no guarantee that you will always get a crochet pattern. Since I do both, I like to get a change up once in a while.

Maybe we should just be grateful that they most often provide crochet patterns and not complain otherwise. it's a free pattern folks! What more do you need to know? :rofl

On the one hand, no it's not odd that they pop up with a knit pattern after day after day after day after DAY of having crochet patterns for how ever long they've been having the Free Pattern of the Day (it's been a long while...)

What is odd is that they have the...what...5 different crafts, crochet, knitting, cross stitch, plastic canvas and whatever else and have not had free patterns a day for any of those until today...and no announcement that they would switch off...

I don't think it's odd that anyone who is used to seeing the crochet patterns thinks it's odd to now see the knitting pattern...it's a change, one that was not expected...I didn't expect it and quite frankly, even though I do knit, I was disappointed, but part of that disappointment was that for over a month there hasn't been a pattern from the free pattern a day that I've wanted to print out and do...that's a long dry spell for me...

I know it's a lot of work for Annie's Attic to have a separate web page for each section for a free pattern a day...but I think that's what they should have done all along...if not that, then they should have been rotating their patterns in the different skills a lot more, or at the very least, make an announcement about the change.

That's my 2 cents...

maybe they wanted to see how a knitted pattern would be received? I don't know, but I plan to make that bag. I have mostly done scarfs and dishcloths but most of them have been in garter stitch (that bag looks like garter stitch to me) so maybe it would be easy. I think for my the hard part would be the fringe and beads at the end.:) (and that looks like more of a patience thing,lol)

I think it was done in stockinette for the most part. Which is just knit one row, purl the next.

There is a garter st. border however.

:blush You are right, I was reading the pattern and not paying attention. The strap is approx 40 inches worked in garter. can still do it, just will take longer, just learned stockinette in the last month...maybe this is just the thing to practice on....

Archived