Go Steelers! Mile a Minute Afghan

FootballMom

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is absolutely awesome! My hubby used to work with Coach Whipple when he was at UMass so when he got a job with the Steelers we became instant fans. Now that Mike Tomlin is in charge, we're even bigger fans since my hubby worked with him in Memphis. If I had the patience to mamke 60 footballs I would LOVE to do this one.

Ohhhhh Myyyyyy Gosh!!!!!! I love that! I've been wanting to find anything that has foot ball for an afghan. I'm going to have to look for that! Thanks for sharing!!!!!! It looks incredible!

WOW---I am making that same afghan!!! I am not as far as you are. I just started. I am using red and off white between the footballs. I have a Nebraska Husker fan. I like yours.

WOW---I am making that same afghan!!! I am not as far as you are. I just started. I am using red and off white between the footballs. I have a Nebraska Husker fan. I like yours.

since you have the pattern and you're getting good at making all those footballs.... would you mind just whipping up another Husker blanket for my daughters sweetheart?! hhehehheee :hook

:mug

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. I am not surprised at how many people liked the afghan, as it is a very cute pattern. What surprises me is how many people want to do it! I guess all of us OCD hookers and yarn hoarders are really gluttons for punishment.

I did make a few changes to the pattern. The parallel lines on the footballs were supposed to be crocheted in. It was only for a few stitches, and I didn't like the way they looked, so I embroidered them on. Not a big deal, as the football laces were supposed to be embroidered on. So I just used a LONG piece of yarn and did the whole football, hiding the stitching on back as best I could. The original also had the 2 border rows around the assembled afghan in the brown color of the footballs. Since the design is already very "busy", I just used the black.

I got the book today, a bunch of cool patterns in there too, including a cool armchair cup cozy in a football theme that I might just have to make too. I was wondering if you could take a close up of a football for me? I want to see the embroider, as it would save hubby 4 ends per, times 60....thats a lot of ends! I am guessing it makes the back much more messy but it will have to do if its necessary.

Thanks again for showing your gorgous afghan to inspire me!

That loks so cool!!!! We have state of Origin on here at the moment which is between Queensland and New South Wales in Rugby League and that would be awesome in Queensland maroon colours cause my bf and his family go for new south blues!! Awesome-you did a fantastic job!!:cheer:yay:clap

• 5 months later...

Archived