Go Steelers! Mile a Minute Afghan

FootballMom

I started this afghan last fall, but put it on hold in October. I had gotten as far as making 60 football motifs…what a pain they were! It was going to be done in my son’s school colors, as he was playing football in college at the time. As you can see from my signature, Ex-FootballMom, he is no longer playing, and has since transferred to another college, and totally to another sport.

My suburban Pittsburgh sister hinted to me how good she thought it would look in Steeler Black and Gold. So I recently went back and finished it. The footballs were really excruciating, but the rest of the afghan was a lot of fun to do. I had never done a Mile a Minute afghan before, but I will for sure do another…just not one with 60 footballs in it!

FYI: I purchased the pattern on Ebay in a little magazine called "Annie's Quick and Easy Crochet to Go," Aug/Sept 1998, Number 112. But I recently found out that it is also in a book called "Annie's Favorite Special Occasions Crochet Projects," which you can buy on Amazon either new or used.

GO STEELERS!!!

STEELERFootballs2-1.jpg

th_STEELERFootballs3-1.jpg

th_STEELERFootballs5-1.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!! That is a totally cool looking afghan!! My dh would go crazy over it, he is a "Huge" Steelers fan!! Every Christmas I try to make him something in Steeler colors. This afghan would knock his socks off--he really likes different or unique things!! I haven't worked on a Mile a Minute afghan in years!! This one sure is tempting, but I don't know if I would have the patience!!:lol

That is awesome. I just finished my sisters graduation ghan and was wondering what on earth I could make for my brother in two years for his. This is awesome as I could make it in college colors if he is going to play, his high school colors if not, or even pats colors. I love this, must buy it. Wowsers!

Archived