baby sweater made from hexagons

HI all,

I recently saw a video tutorial of how to make a baby sweater using just 2 hexagons. I fell in love with that method and had to make one . Here it is ...

babyhexsweater01.jpg

back

babyhexsweater03back.jpg

I made this with lustresheen as its very hot here for baby to wear anything made with yarn. This is for my friend's sister who had a baby girl recently.

Sorry forgot to mention where I saw the tutorial.. http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=qlYhLA2oL-0 Its in 4 parts. the language is portugese but the visual is really great

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great sweater, you did a beautiful job! :clap Thank you for posting the link. I just sat through the 4 videos, and they were amazing. You can really figure it out. I used the pause a lot to help count stitches and a little bit of my high school Spanish came back, which really helped. I haven't used it in 40 years! That was a very interesting stitch she finished it off with. I bookmarked the link and may give it a try. Thanks again. :hook

I love it, but after sitting through the first one theres' no way i could made it with out the directions in english or writen. Which is funny cause I'm left handed and I'm used to watching people do something and then figuring out how to do it left handed. It looks great.

Thank you again for posting your creation and the link!

I started on one with the thought of it being a gift for one of my grandbabies for Christmnas! I love the pattern. Very easy... and quite quick.

:mdust:ty:mdust

:mug

Thank you all for your kind words! The sweater measures 17" at chest. I think it would fit a newborn.I made it with lustersheen (and size F hook )as its too hot here right now and I do propose to make more with yarn later this year for charity.

Archived