baby sweater made from hexagons

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.................. I did it! Thank you so much for sharing this pattern/video!!!

I made a great toddler set and I'm just tickled with it. :mdust:U:mdust

if you would like to take a peek... I have a pic on my Blog.

:mug

I finished mine last night, when the DS bring back the digital camera I will post pictures. I am in the process of writing it up, my cousin's daughter is expecting in November and she wants to make some and doesn't have a computer.

I finished mine last night, when the DS bring back the digital camera I will post pictures. I am in the process of writing it up, my cousin's daughter is expecting in November and she wants to make some and doesn't have a computer.

Oh.. cant wait to see your sweater. Wasnt it easy and fun? I'm going to make several for Chistmas gifts!

:crocheting:yarn:crocheting:yarn:crocheting

This is neat! :woo

I really like it!

One question - I noticed her hexagons don't lie flat before she starts stitching them together into the sweater. Is that important? I mean, am I trying to make a flat hexagon or one that won't lie flat?

This is neat! :woo

I really like it!

One question - I noticed her hexagons don't lie flat before she starts stitching them together into the sweater. Is that important? I mean, am I trying to make a flat hexagon or one that won't lie flat?

You want a NON-Flat hexagon. :U folded in half.

DCP02477.jpg

I think that the bigger you make the hexagon, the less likely it is to lay flat. I made one up yesterday just to show my cousin how to fold it, so I made 5 rounds in each hexagon. Both hexagons layed flat. Once you fold the sweater it will lay flat no matter how many rounds there are. Hopefully that helps. :hook

This sweater is the cutest !!! As I look at the photos,(and the tutorial) I was hoping someone would write up the pattern !!!! Please..............

What a cute sweater! You did an awesome job, particularly since you didn't have a written pattern!

I made one, too. :crocheting You can see mine on my blog if you want. Thanks so much for posting yours, crochetfool. I love this idea and I hope to make a lot more in different colors. :hook

Tina

I made one, too. :crocheting You can see mine on my blog if you want. Thanks so much for posting yours, crochetfool. I love this idea and I hope to make a lot more in different colors. :hook

Tina

Great job! :cheer

I love these sweaters! I've got it on my WIM list, but I really need to finish some WIPs before starting one.

Tina

Great job Tina.

thankyou to all for the great pics and Tina for the pattern !!!! :ty I am always soooooooo glad I "happened" across Crochetville...wonderful people here !!!! :manyheart

Tina, thanks for the pattern. I really wanted to try this sweater but the video had me lost!! I can't wait to try it. There is a knit sweater that is similar. called baby suprise. I'm not a knitter so this one is perfect. thanks again..

I saw the knitted one, too. Another group I am on is talking about that one but I don't know if anyone will figure it out. (Crochet is faster anyway.)

I hope it was okay to post the sweater I did here in your thread, crochetfool. :) Wanda Kay, yes it does work up fast! That's another reason why I like it. Besides its uniqueness.

Tina

Archived