La Campana Nylon Purse

happy stitcher

Hi all!

I just finished this purse for my DD. (She requested the color!)

I started with the Elegant' pattern from Crochet Style, Etc and changed it to accomodate DD's requests as I went along....

The body is all one piece. It's a big rectangle. I folded it over and stitched up the sides on the inside, then inserted the posts through the FP stitches and the handles.

DD doesn't want it lined, so it's done!

317651953.jpg

317651937.jpg

The nylon is really nice. It's soft and has a really nice drape. I keep rolling the purse portion over my hands and admiring the texture! :hook

Hi there, I would like to ask about the posts you inserted along the top edge of the bag. Are these special posts meant for bags? I have never seen anything like it before. I would like something similar to hold up the shape of a shoulder bag I made. It seems too floppy to me now and I don't like how mine sags from the middle of the top of the bag. Thanks.

Hi there, I would like to ask about the posts you inserted along the top edge of the bag. Are these special posts meant for bags? I have never seen anything like it before. I would like something similar to hold up the shape of a shoulder bag I made. It seems too floppy to me now and I don't like how mine sags from the middle of the top of the bag. Thanks.

Please go to the link in my intial post....I got the metal bars from the same place I got the pattern (Crochet Style, Etc). If you look up the pattern, I think it tells about the bars, too. The pattern is called Elegant'.

Thanks for the compliments, everybody! This is only my second purse, and I'm very pleased with it. :D

Archived