Get rid of your UFO's playing the WIP of Fortune game!

Krystal16

The Ataxia ghan is in the wash now :yay I did manage to get myself two new WIPs that I will start in the next few days. They need to be done by the first of July. So that plus the one I started the other day makes three. Thank goodness. Plus since hubby told me to hold off yarn shopping until after the trip I decided to go through my books looking for patterns that will use up what I already have. I have found a few WIMs that I may go ahead and start.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started the Choo Choo Train Afghan that was a AAPOD a month or so ago. So far I have one caboose done. It'll be a birthday present for a little boy. His mom is giving me a pattern for a plastic canvas train that I'll try to make for him too. Those are the two WIPs that I got today. They have to be done around the first of July. Most of my other new projects will probably be in thread though. Except for the scrap ghans I have planned.

I have some thread I'm dying to use, too, Donna - but the strongest itch is to start our furbabies commemorative graph ghan.

I'll be starting my neighbor with hers next week, too (ShiTzu face). She keeps asking me if she can do it...:lol

If you can count and change colors, I told her, you can do it. She also has the right "touch" when she crochets, if you know what I mean - and she ony recently got back into it after not doing anything since HS (she's in her mid 40's)

Judy yeah I've had the graph ghan itch for a while too. That's great you are going to start it soon. How wonderful that your neighbor is wanting to work on hers too. It will be great for you two to work on them together.

:cheer Donna!! You are moving right along there!

I'm going to work mostly on my CRW's today. I really am dying to get them done.

I made up 2 graphs the other day that I want to do but have to wait on them, I also need to do something in thread since I have a ton of it sitting around here and need to start getting some used up. :)

I decide to finish at least 5 WIPs this month. That's June's goal. :yes That way, I can start a new project. :P

I am on the edging on the halter. I don't realize how painful it was working with boucle yarn from Lion Brand. :( It really slow me down. I am determined to finish this halter tonight. :yes

The halter is done! :cheer

Unfortunately, the neckline is too big even if the gauge is right. :think

I am not sure if I want to fix it or frog it all. I don't like boucle yarn. :lol

I might transform it into a small bag, pillow or hat/scarf. Or it goes to 3SUB.

At least, it bites the dust - no pun intended. :lol

Diane, I'm not even sure if you CAN frog boucle yarn:think Better off turing it into something else, I think:yes

I probably won't spin the wheel much till Tuesday. I'll be working on the 2 CRW's and then the weekend is the square along so I'll be mostly working on my nursing home lapghan to finish it up this weekend.

I am okay about the halter. At first, I was bummed out. I learn a lot from this project, good and bad. :P I put it aside along with other WIPs that might be frogged or transformed into something else. That's the last catergory. I am still on first catergory (WIPs that have everything ready for me to finish them)

I am going to do the shadow knit potholder for the challenge today. Someone IM me about shadow knit KAL today. Good sign, I would like to think. Last time I did the KAL, I was not ready. Now I am more focused and relaxed. :)

I will do the KAL after I finish the potholder and write up the pattern (part of the WIP process).

Hmmm, quiet here. I work on the shadow knit potholder for two hours. I decide to tweak it a lot as many stuff in the pattern can be viewed as copyright/trademark issues. I don't feel right doing it. I decide to start over from the scratch with a new slate. I am so glad I did it. It look awesome so far. I can't share more details as I decide to make it a Mystery KAL. :devil

I am already on 5th row. I estimated that I will have 25 more rows on it. But it will take a while with pattern writing, row by row, and knit each row to make sure I do it right first time.

I will flip tomorrow to next project, more likely xmas diagonal blanket.

Well, I have to tell you that I am cruising right along with this Wheel idea of mine. I know it sounds TERRIBLY vain, but it was a very good idea for me! :lol I have to admit to only keeping three things on my wheel, sometimes I get to the fourth or fifth, but I have the others ready and lined up in my spreadsheet as soon as one of these is done. I start on my test every day and do 8 motifs. I am 16 motifs from being FINISHED with it. :cheer Then I move on to my bear claw. Instead of doing one row a day, I do two. (And if I do extra in a day, I don't count it for the next day!) Then I spin to my blue star, which is not going to be done for a long time because it is HUGE. Some days I get some more time and then I work on a friendship square of another lapghan (fans) that I have. I've only gotten that far down the line twice so far, though. The next day, I start back at the beginning.

Soon I have to add another daisyghan to the mix, though! :lol

Good job, Krystal. :yay That remind me to check rows on projects for A Row per Day CAL. I will try to blend both CALs to get things done more efficiently.

For me, I have like ten projects on the wheel. So I work on at least one project per day. Sometimes, a project keep my interest longer. I try to keep it under 3 days or so. No good to leave others lonely and neglected. :P It work well so far for me. Less time to clean the apartment. :heehee

I add a new project today :blush I decide to make three I-cord keychains, necklace/wristlet length in rainbow rhss. I started up one today. It might be a bit thicker, so I will keep it for myself - so pretty! This WIP is for three friends who will come over here for a visit during pride parade weekend on end of June. It is a quick project. It took me few hours to complete one.

:yay I completed one of three keychains. I think it is the right thickness and length. Once I finish them all, I might make one for myself. :lol I will be out for the weekend, father's day stuff.

I will bring the rest of keychains WIP with me. We will do muesum stuff, watch tv at night then a long car ride on sunday. It will be neat to do a portable project while walking around and look at the art pieces. :D I tend to be quick about it, ending up waiting for parents to finish the audio tour. :P

I finish the keychain necklaces, three of them within 48 hours! It's not done until I can get the keychain loops. I will do it later this week when I have some free time. :D

Tonight, I will work on car diagonal blanket when I have some spare time.

Yesterday, I finally got the chance to go through some of my WIP's. I started making notes on them, so one of these days I'll get the list posted here. I did finish 3 WIP's yesterday though. A dishcloth, a hot pad, and a market bag. They are the first three pics in my Flickr album. The link is in my sig. I crocheted so much my arm ached! ;-) I'll get my listed posted soon though. This CAL is really helping to motivating me to get my projects done.

Candy

Candy, I took a look in your photo album. I really love the way it look painted on potholders. I like other stuff like afghans and some bags. :yes

I have no chance to work on anything last night. I was really tired from a long weekend. I will try to push myself to do a row or two on car diagonal blanket tonight.

Updating my list.

My list

1: CRW #1 80% done!

2: CRW #2 65% done!

3: Charity Blitz items. June fireman bears goal at least 1. 1 done :yay

4: Pinwheel Quilt 47% done!

5: Friendship squares 31% done!

6: May 10% done!

7: Double Wedding ring quilt 1% done!

8: Nursing home lapghans. 100% done with Victorian fans! Starting the next one :lol

9: Stained glass window squares. 10% done! Need 5 squares.

:whew need to get back to work.

Did 44 rows total on xmas panel throw this week. I didnt flip over. There is no time to commit to any WIPs for a while. I will come back full-time committed after July 4th vacation.

Archived