Get rid of your UFO's playing the WIP of Fortune game!

Krystal16

Got a ton of UFO's hanging around?

Got a headache wondering when you're ever going to finish them all?

Well, come and join me for the WIP of Fortune game!

Here's how you play:

First,

Gather up ALL of your WIPs. That means ALL of them. If you're not going to do it, you should FROG it. :frog Find all of the yarn, patterns, hooks necessary for them, and pack them each up so that you're ready to work on them at a moment's notice.

Second,

For EACH project, figure out HOW MANY rows/motifs/rounds it requires (an estimate is fine if you're just going for a certain length). Then figure out HOW MANY rows/motifs/rounds you have completed already.

Third,

Get an index card (piece of paper, notebook, what-have-you) and put this information down, ONE project per card.

Fourth,

Put them in order and clip them together somehow. (If you're tech-savvy, you can use Excel if you'd like).

When you're got all this down, you're ready to play the game! What you do is start on the first card's project. You do one row/round/motif on that project and then SPIN the WHEEL and go to the next project. Just keep on going round and round and round those cards until you're DONE with one of them. Some of you may wish to work on one thing per day because you're at work or don't want to carry around multiple projects.

Be sure you keep going through them - don't get hung up on one project!!!

When you first sign up, let us know your list of WIPs and then you can post every day or so with your progress.

Every time you finish a WIP, you'll earn points!

Now, as for adding new projects in... I'd be kidding myself if I told you NOT to start anything new. I'm not THAT crazy! :rofl

Who wants to join me?

Slicer

Donna

Shelby

Tracy

LeAnna

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in... I'll have to get organized later today. I'm sure I've got more WIPs around here than I think I do, so I'll be searching the whole house.

Okay I have a list of...8

Do you want us to write down our WIPs and progress as of today? I think I have them ready. I *might* find more in the closet but as of now this is it. Oh and can we add in non-crochet projects? I have a couple cross stitch and needle points taking up space that I'd like to get completed too.

Well except for the 3 x 5 cards and figuring out the rows and such, this is basically what I'm doing...I've already gathered up all my WIPs and UFos and Abandoned to be Frogged projects...all the frogging is done and I actually completed several projects...but holy moly I still have something like 16 WIps/UFOs put together...

And I'm so not starting anything new for at least a couple of weeks...I really need to get the projects down to single digits...so count me in...

Welcome to Donna, Shelby, Tracy and LeAnna!

Yes, it is best if you write down your WIPs and progress. I do mine in Excel - one column for each project.

At the top, I list each project's name and in the next row, I put total number of rows/motifs/rounds.

Then in the next row of that column, I put the number of the next round/motif/row I have to do. Then I fill the column with each number using the Edit - Fill - Series feature, to get up to the total number of rows in the project.

I do this for each project.

Then, I just work from one column to the next and I change the color of the cell when I finish that row/round/motif.

I am a very visual person, so this helps me!

I just finished my joining on the dots, so I'm going to spin again and go to the next project! :lol

WTG, K!

If I don't count the filet throw I'm testing, I have 4 that I actually want to finish...I just have to look at them more carefully to see how much more I need to do on them. In most cases...it's 90%:P

Well as of right now I have 8.

Golden Eagle graph - haven't started yet.

Double Diamonds Baby Blanket (the one in the rows CAL) - 88% done

24 Point Ripple - 93% done

Ataxia ghan (just bordering squares and attaching them together) - 17% done

All Gods Children quilt - 22% done

Friendship Squares - I need to figure out how many I need to do.

Groovy Bag - 49% done

Christmas Tree - haven't started yet either.

Yes, it is best if you write down your WIPs and progress. I do mine in Excel - one column for each project.

At the top, I list each project's name and in the next row, I put total number of rows/motifs/rounds.

Then in the next row of that column, I put the number of the next round/motif/row I have to do. Then I fill the column with each number using the Edit - Fill - Series feature, to get up to the total number of rows in the project.

Then, I just work from one column to the next and I change the color of the cell when I finish that row/round/motif.

I just finished my joining on the dots, so I'm going to spin again and go to the next project! :lol

Would you mind emailing your excel sheet? I am too busy (lazy) to make my own...will understand if you want me to do my own work :lol

I'm so in -- in trouble for all my UFO's. It will take me a bit to gather them together but I'm up for the challenge. I'm also in the stash busting CAL but let me tell you, that can be slow going. I know I have three babyghans done but need to weave in the ends. That would be a good place to start. I have some fluroescent colored cards that I'm going to use. Think I'll punch a corner and put them on a ring. I'll post a list as soon as I've gathered everything together.

I have these UFOs:

Waves afghan...about 10 more color sections (3 colors for each)

12 inch squares throw...need 16 more

Baby gingham...need 12 more strips of 15 "saltines" each

ATW ghan...barely started:blush

Ok I think I've gotten my list organized. I have more going than I thought :lol Course some haven't gotten started yet so lets see....

My list

1: CRW #1 50% done!

2: CRW #2 35% done!

3: Charity Blitz items.. for May 0% done goal is 10 6 inch squares.

4: Pinwheel Quilt 25% done!

5: Friendship squares 20% done!

6: Tunisian blocks ghan 1 a month I'm still on April's block about 50% done not started May yet.

7: Double Wedding ring quilt 0% done! (just bought the yarn for it yesterday)

8: Nursing home lapghans. 0% done!

9: Stained glass window squares. 0% done! haven't decided how many I want to do yet.

I'll add more if I think of them :lol I know there are more waiting in the wings but these are the ones I'll work on till they get done then start something else.

Would you mind emailing your excel sheet? I am too busy (lazy) to make my own...will understand if you want me to do my own work :lol

Ditto. :strawberr:strawberr:icecream (I couldn't find a cherry for the "Pretty please with a cherry on top", so I thought strawberries and ice cream would be ok? :devil

I wrote them all in a notebook. I was wondering if you wanted us to share our list on the thread.

I have most of mine written in a notebook, but eventually I'll have them all on Ravelry...whatever works right?

I have dug out all my WIP's

1. Sweet Dreams Baby Blanket - 18 rows left, ends to weave in and border to do. (row a day cal)

2. Retro Babette - Too many squares to count (square a day)

3. Pastel babette - Agian too many squares to count

4. Dolly Parton Doll - Clothes to make, hair and face to do

5. Fun fur black cat - 1 ear, arms and legs to finish off and face to sew

6. White cat - Leg to make, stuff and sew together all parts, face to sew, finish off clothing

7. Pink Bag - Sew on handles and line

8. RR for my sister - not sure how big or how many rows Iam gonna do, but have done 22 rows at the moment

9. Purple Cardigain - 3/4 of back complete, sides to do and possibly sleves and hood.

10. Gothic RR - not yet started, but have yarn.

OK thats all for now!

Welcome Roxy, Darlene, Heather

Donna - your list sounds a lot like yours!

Shelby - there's really nothing to it that isn't specific to my projects. It doesn't compute anything at all. So, I could send you mine, but then you'd have to change everything for your own. Make sense?

Tracy - Strawberries and ice cream sound yummy!

Leanna - yep, whatever works. As long as you rotate through them and don't stick to only one, you're good to go!

OK, for those that want my Excel spreadsheet, here's what I have to offer you:

If you post a list of your WIPs and include TOTAL rows and CURRENT rows done (motifs/rounds, whatever), I will make a sheet for you and email it to you. Just give me a little bit to get it done, OK?

Hi Krystal you have such great ideas.

Of course I wanna join the party too.

Here are my wips, hope theres not more hiding somewhere.

Footy Pillow 80%

Filet Testing 10%

Butterfly Quilt Pink 20%

Butterfly Quilt Purple 20%

Picture Quilt 80%

ATW not started yet

Shawler 10%

Bright Blue star come ripple 50%

Friendship Squares 80%

Card Trick Pillow 10%

Archived