Get rid of your UFO's playing the WIP of Fortune game!

Krystal16

I finished 2 of the projects on my list today (#1 and #5) - ends all woven in and all! I need to just do a little end weaving at a time, since I don't enjoy it. My next project is the striped afghan and I have a ginormous number of ends to weave in, so I'm going to alternate that with assembling my 63 more ghan and working on my table centerpiece. But not tonight, I have several parties to go to.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a weaving fool last night (it was a rough day, and I needed something mindless to work on), and I finished weaving in all the ends for #4 on my list, the striped afghan. I just have to do 2 more ghans (which may take a while) and the table topper, which I'll work on slowly!

Tonight I'm going to start assembling my 63 more ghan and hopefully work some more on my table topper.

Right now, I have 5 ghans ready to go to Project Linus. I need to get some good pictures, which I may do tonight...

Updated list

1. Retro Babette - Too many squares to count (square a day)

2. Pastel babette - COMPLETED

3. Dolly Parton Doll - Clothes to make, hair and face to do

4. White cat - Leg to make, stuff and sew together all parts, face to sew, finish off clothing

5. Pink Bag - Sew on handles and line

6. RR for my sister - COMPLETED

7 Gothic RR - not yet started, but have yarn.

Had planned on finishing my white cat today, but have had visitors around and they have only just left.

Roxy, lookit you crossing things off of your list!

Yeah, hopfully should get another one crossed off this weekend, have spent this evening stuffing and sewing all the body parts to the white cat, not 100% happy with it.

Have another ballet slipper to make, aload of small flowers, make and sew on bows, face to do, tutu to finish. The main part is done, had to unpick the tail as sewed it on before the legs and it wasn't in the right place.

I also have swap items on the go that have not been put on to the list as they don't get put to one side like my own projects as there is a dealine to get them finished.

Another item finished, sewed the lining on the pink bag, hand sewed so not as neat as I would have liked, but it's another one done. :cheer

4. White cat - Leg to make, stuff and sew together all parts, face to sew, finish off clothing

5. Pink Bag - Sew on handles and line - Completed

Roxy, if I had sewn the tail on I would NEVER be able to find the end to unpick it! Good for you!:clap

You sound like a woman on a mission:lol

Another item finished, sewed the lining on the pink bag, hand sewed so not as neat as I would have liked, but it's another one done. :cheer

5. Pink Bag - Sew on handles and line - Completed

Can't wait to see your Dolly doll

• 2 weeks later...

Need to update and add to the list.

1. Retro Babette - Too many squares to count!

2. Purple pet blanket 80% Completed (NEW)

5. Cat quilt - 15% completed

7 Gothic RR - on round 18

I haven't been in this CAL in a long time! I've been too busy trying to get HIJ projects done and sent out. I do think that I'm only down to 3 WIPs if you don't count lining bags.

oh, I so want in, but I only have 1 WIP at the moment, and thats cause its huge............. :) hubby wanted an afghan in Cleveland Browns colors, with a helmet on it, so I found the pattern, tunisan crochet, 240st by 240 rows. Darn thing is bigger than I am, only on row 70 out of 240. :( bad bad bad......

Welcome, Kietha!

Megan, I'm not comfortable enough with tunisian to make graphs that way - I use sc or dc to do mine. You DO have along way to go!:hug

this is my first tunisian project EVER....guess I picked a big one, but hubby picked the pattern, and asked me to do it for him, and it was important to me since he didnt ask his mom, but me instead :) so I learned for him. The creator of the pattern said it was best to do it in tunisian so here I am. and I am working steady but slow...and I counted my rows, lol, only on 63 :) only a bajillion more.......I want to start working in panels of 10 rows, by 10 stitches and see if that gets me any faster.....maybe then I could do a panel or 2 or 3 a day. depending how they work up.

K~same here. I have finished a few projects this way but have added a new one each time I finish one. So I am about even also. But it is nice to finish up some of those older projects.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, I'm resurrecting this now that the games are over and I have all my WIPs truly organized for once! (And no major deadlines, either!)

1. Blue Star Expansion - not sure when this one will be done, but it covers the top of my king bed now.

2. Baby MAM - 2/8 or 9 strips done

3. Viceroy Tablecloth - on the last bits of border

4. Rose Diagonal - just started. 9 rows of ? done.

5. Baby Shells - this was a scrap ghan LOOOONG time ago. It's nearly done.

6. Peaches & Cream (mosaic) - about 1/3 done

7. Fuschia Fans - 78 rows done. Ending when the yarn runs out.

8. Grandmother's Lace - 78 of 176 motifs done

9. Scrappy Triple Irish Chain (STIC) - just started. 1,500 more saltines to go.

10. Daisy afghans - ongoing

11. Knit Bear Claw afghan - 179/325 or so rows done.

Today's Project: Expanded Blue Star

Is this CAL open to newcomers? I have been lurking on crochetville for several months, just have not posted yet. I have a growing number of UFO's that I want to get finished up. I seem to love to start a project but struggle in finishing one up.

Blessings,

Arla

mom to many sons

Archived