What color won't you crochet with?

What color do you not like to crochet with?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What color do you not like to crochet with?

• Black and browns
    • Greens
    • Reds
    • Blues
    • yellows and oranges
    • others

I voted black/brown....but it isn't that I don't like them! I still use them if I have to, but they are getting more and more difficult to see as my eyes get older and older:(:(

I agree with blacks and browns, I only find time to crochet at night before I go to bed these days :sleep and my lighting isn't the best. :candle The stitches are difficult to see and I have to constantly stop and squint at my work to make sure I didn't mess it up :tired

I certainly do NOT like crocheting with ...

BLACK

:cheer

It's a very hard color to see as you are working on a project. I avoid it whenever possible.

:manyheart

• 4 months later...

Orange....It just totally turns me off.

Black is fav for joining squares with trellis method. it grounds things and makes colors pop.

White mainly only used in a variegated, or baby item.

Purple only in variegated, but love lilac or lavender.

Red only for special items.

Love Blues, Greens, Ecru and Taupe, and a sucker for pink or Burgundy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't crochet in boring colors or colors that are just blah...

I like FUN.

I like BRIGHT

I like VIBRANT

I try to create gifts for people that they'll enjoy, but regardless of who it is for it will be in a funtastic color.

• 2 weeks later...

There's absolutely no color that I wouldn't crochet with. I have my favorite colors, but I like them all. I can't imagine hating a color, because they all have their uses! (I especially can't understand hating orange. Orange is a personal favorite of mine so I can't see what's so bad about it :lol)

I like all the colors, but I do find black yarn to be really really hard to crochet with. I have to sit under a really bright light in order to see the stitches. I like variagated yarn the best, keeps it fun haha

• 1 month later...
There's absolutely no color that I wouldn't crochet with. I have my favorite colors, but I like them all. I can't imagine hating a color, because they all have their uses! (I especially can't understand hating orange. Orange is a personal favorite of mine so I can't see what's so bad about it :lol)

Ditto everything Nila said! (I LOVE color! The more color the better... any color! Especially orange!:manyheart)

I also don't know why so many people are complaining about black and other dark colors. I keep a small lamp beside my chair and as long as it's on I have no problem seeing the darker colors...

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I don't like using bright red for afghans. I don't mind orange but haven't made much that calls for orange. Blacks and browns don't bother me at all, use those all the time but I do need good lighting. When I was cross stitching black aida cloth was difficult, I would put a white towel on my lap or the table where I was working.

Archived