Crochet at work?

Do any of y'all crochet at work? I started a new job this month and basically my job consists of sitting around playing solitaire while waiting for the phone to ring a couple times a day. I have asked my boss several times if there is anything I should be doing and he says, "no- sit back and relax. It's going to be busy in the office in a couple months and you'll be wishing for peaceful days like this!" Meanwhile, I'm guzzling Diet Coke trying to stay awake. Do you think it would be inappropriate to ask if I could crochet at work? I guess it's acceptable to play solitaire and be on the internet because the girl that trained me said she did it all the time when it was slow- plus, if someone important came in, it's easy to pretend you're doing actual work. What do y'all think?

I would ask. You can always put it on your lap if someone comes in. Or stash it in a bag quickly.

I am lucky. I work at a preschool where the kiddies take a nap. So for an hour, I get to crochet sometimes.

I hope you get to do your crochet at your job. It would make the day go faster.

:manyheart

If I was you.. I would ask! I know one of my jobs that I did .. it was a lot of sitting and the lady that worked the 2-10pm shift made granny squares..so she could drop it when people came in. Me.. I worked the 12-8 am shift and I crocheted all different kind of things..cuz we hardly got anyone...just phone calls. They even knew I sewed and told me if I wanted I could bring my sewing machine! LOL... I never did..couldn't stand the idea of packing it in and out..even tho they told me I could leave it there and put it in another area til I come to work!

ASK!! I did and now I get the joy of crocheting at work, with my alzheimers residents, thy LOVE to see my crocet while they watch a movie or are playing a game.

i can crochet at work and i also am able to read. i only take small items and like the others keep it neat where it can be stashed in a hurry if necessary. everyone at work loves to see what i am working on. i say if you dont ask you will never know>>>

I don't think many people would have any problem with crocheting at work if they know times arte slow. Now, if you crochet while things are in a rush thet might have issues. 9 times out of 10 the people that come into my workplace are more interested in my crochet. At least you are being productive.

Definately ask!

I am ALWAYS busy at work at both of my jobs and I'm lucky to be able to test my sugar when I need to let alone crochet lol. I'm jelous!

T-

I think you should definitely ask! I crochet at work every day, in fact, I get a lot more crocheting done at work than I do at home, because when I'm at home I'm online much of the time, and it's difficult to crochet and work a mouse at the same time. :lol

Thinking of small projects to do, the perfect thing would be making preemie caps for a local hospital. It would be a small project, easily stashed when someone comes in, and it would benefit a local hospital.

Hats (of all sizes) can be donated to a shelter or other charity.

They are great to tote around, and can easily be put down.

I sure hope you can crochet at work, during slow times. I used to do needlepoint when I worked nights at the bank.

:manyheart

By all means ask...if your boss has no problems with you playing solitaire on quiet days I don't think he'll mind if you crochet, but most definately ask him first.

I know one of my jobs that I did .. it was a lot of sitting They even knew I sewed and told me if I wanted I could bring my sewing machine! LOL... I never did..couldn't stand the idea of packing it in and out..even tho they told me I could leave it there and put it in another area til I come to work!

:rofl

It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask. And you might sweeten the pot by telling the boss you'll be making charity squares and projects for some of the deserving causes we find her on the 'ville! :lol

I would go nuts if I couldn't crochet at work.......:crocheting

Colleen

Archived