Me crocheting

Everyone says I crochet :crocheting so fast and would like to see me crochet something...

I had my huband film me today...

I did 3 double crochet stitches chain 1, (4) times.

I'm working on a rectangle granny afghan...

Remember I'm a lefty....

So, I'm asking everyone...Is this fast?

It's normal relaxed speed to me.:think

http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com/2008/04/me-crocheting.html

Linda :sun

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that's fast! I wish I could go that fast. It was cool to see a left handed crocheter, normally I only see films of right handed crocheters. That's awesome you may be just as fast as oh my gosh I forgot her name but she could crochet really fast.

If must look really weird to everyone because most people are right handed.

You've got to realize that I've never seen myself crochet before...after watching this clip I shock myself. :lol:lol:lol

Thanks for all of your comments.

Linda :sun

I am a lefty too, so that looked like I think my hands look when I am crocheting, but I am not nearly that fast I don't think.:)

I never have understood the all the fascination about speed when crocheting. Is there some race going on that I'm totally unaware of. What difference does it make how fast one crochets? The only measure should be how much enjoyment one is getting from creating crocheted items, not how fast one can crochet.

My hubby says I'm too fast to follow along but I think you have me beat...hmmm...do I see a crochet-off in the future? LOL

T-

wow, smoking! lol people say I crochet fast too, it all depends on the yarn and the pattern, but I hold my work completely wrong, I hold my hook as if it was a knitting needle and my yarn as if I am knitting....and my work in my other hand!

Mighty speedy, but looks perfectly normal to me - I'm also a lefty. One lady in my "hooking" group just watches me in fascination. If someone asks me to teach them to crochet, I tell them I'm a lefty and they just glaze over :think:lol

Yep, that looks fast! I am a lefty also, so it's great to see another lefty....although I will say, you hold your yarn in your right hand in a very interesting way....LOL! I hold my yarn completly different! I think it's great to see how people crochet!

It's fun to see others crochet...especially a leftie! I crochet about that speed also. If I'm working on a simple pattern, I can go relatively fast. Smaller projects like stuffies slow me down.

I think speed amazes those who are watching people crochet. When non-crafty people watch me, they always comment. "WOW you can do that fast". I usually just smile and nod.

I like to crochet fast because I have so many things I want to make and not enough time to get them all done!

Archived