Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

I'm late in coming to this CAL, but count me in. I HAVE to finish the crohook afghan for my BIL. It was supposed to have been a birthday present back in March, but it didn't happen. I'm a little over halfway through, and this is the right place to come for motivation!

Ok, can I do a few rows a day till the fair in August!! I have an afghan I've been working on for quite a while and I'd really like to enter it in our fair. It's really pretty and I have it sitting by the couch right now with all the yarn I need to finish it I just can't seem to get my fingers to touch it for very long.

Julee

Welcome to both of you!

What I need from you:

1. Name of project you're working on

2. Total number of rows/motifs that are in that project

3. What number row/motif you have completed already

4. When you want the project done by.

THEN I can add you in to the ROLL CALL each day! (well, pretty close to every day...)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

afghan3.jpgafghan2.jpg

1. Name of project you're working on? Hmm, doesn't have an official name. Afghan Pattern

2. Total number of rows/motifs that are in that project. Approx. 200

3. What number row/motif you have completed already? I've completed row 70

4. When you want the project done by? August or earlier.

I did the border on nine squares. I also have sewn the football laces on most of the footballs. Shelby suggested it, to do it to hers, and I was thinking of doing it anyways to all of them, so I just did it. Some people had already done that.

Brenda..glad you had a good time at your Mom and Dads

Meegan..what is a prayer ghan?

Cindy..Welcome, what colors are you using on your ghan for your BIL?

Hi Julee..cool purses and I like the ghan your working on :)

Thanks Christi!!

You can bump up my total to 75. I did 5 rows this morning!! I just want to get done with it!! I will get done with it!! I will get done with it!! You think if I say that enough it will crochet its self up? Lol

Have a great day!!

Julee

All of the footballs are stitched up the middle now, including the ones that other people did. Got a pile of squares that are bordered on one side of the work station and ones that aren't on the other. At some time I need to finish the baby out fit that I made if I can find it! Just needs the buttons and I got cute little bear buttons. So many cute buttons are at walmart now, I love them. I am wondering how I can include them on the hoodie I am making for my granddaughter.

I don't even want to think of how many days there are till christmas, I have too many projects that I need to do once this is done.I have talked to a friend at church for making things for the preemies at our local hospitals. Plus christmas presents. Busy, busy!

I like the picture of the afghan, crochetjulee.

Hello!

Sorry I didn't get roll call, it's been the day from you-know-where and I haven't been here since 8AM. I will get a roll call now, because tomorrow is bound to be a repeat.

Julee - you will need to do about 5 rows each day to end at the end of July. If you keep up with the roll call, (or do more) you will be done on time.

Yup, that's what I figured too. I think I can get more than that done though. This thread has helped me get motivated!!

Julee

The fair is at the end of August so I should have it done in time, or way before!!

ROLL CALL!!

For Wednesday July 2, 2008

Me - Bear Claw R133

Me - Test Afghan M106*

Tracy - Cuddle S10

Wendy - Both S81

Heather- M90*

Brenda - M55

Donna - Train ???

Sherri - S274*

Laura - SLIPPERS gonna pick em up?

Laura - Hook R64

Jeannie - Children S129

Roxy - Square

Karen - Start R102

Shelby - Scrap R31

Meegan - July Squares

Honey - S16

Cats - R110*****

Janet - Afghan R48********

Pickles - Ripple R42****

Cindy - Wedding M34****

Dianne - Panels R418

Christi - hex on hold

Julee - Afghan R80

Have a happy day! :manyheart

Krystal,

Can't believe I got behind...I do have row 105 completed...and this evening am going to attempt to get a couple more rows done. I just started working full-time again recently and have been slacking on my crocheting. lol.

Aimee

Krystal, my graph needs updated:D I am more than 4% done. Also I did another afghan before this on this thread. I have done a shawl for this Cal, an afghan and I am on my second afghan. Not like your busy or anything:lol. Not you. I accidently looked at the first page of this when I was looking for the first page of Sky cal. For Christi who is thinking of starting to do the crochetville squares for everyone. I have been busy catching up on the different threads so no more work done yet.

Krystal I have up to M95 done but don't bump me up, I want to use them for the days I'll be gone. I'll be gone from Thurs the 3rd to Weds. the 9th. I've got to make up a few more to get me that far for one a day. :D

Prayer ghan. One one of my swap boards someone asked to make 12point round ripples for a organization she was working for. SHe provided the pattern and called it a prayer ghan.

Just wanted to LYK, that I have done 3/5 July swap squares. Off to do #4.:crocheting

Cindy is behind again :blush I am on vacation now so I hope I can get caught up and get ahead!

I'm taking a short break to try and make this http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/BabyChild/CD243-05+Hound+Pillow.htm for a basset rescue raffle we're having on Friday. However, I think I've run into a problem with the pattern so I'm gonna have to play around with it a bit. Hopefully I can get it done!

Also, I had a very sick kitty here the last few weeks. My sweet baby Chloe passed away Friday morning after a short battle with kidney disease.

Thanks Christi!!

You can bump up my total to 75. I did 5 rows this morning!! I just want to get done with it!! I will get done with it!! I will get done with it!! You think if I say that enough it will crochet its self up? Lol

Have a great day!!

Julee

Sorry to disappoint you, but I tried that method already and somehow they just don't hear us :lol Works on the same principal as plugging the vacuum cleaner in all day & waiting for the sucker to run, it just won't!

Cindy is behind again :blush I am on vacation now so I hope I can get caught up and get ahead!

I'm taking a short break to try and make this http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/BabyChild/CD243-05+Hound+Pillow.htm for a basset rescue raffle we're having on Friday. However, I think I've run into a problem with the pattern so I'm gonna have to play around with it a bit. Hopefully I can get it done!

Also, I had a very sick kitty here the last few weeks. My sweet baby Chloe passed away Friday morning after a short battle with kidney disease.

:hug:hug Cindy I am so sorry to here about your furbaby.

Archived